Adventist Online

For Adventists in these last days just before the close of probation we need the Spirit of Prophecy, what about those Adventists that reject Ellen White? Will they be included in the remnant? Will they recieve the seal of God or the mark of the beast?

2Ch 20:20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.

There will be a hatred kindled against the testimonies which is satanic. The workings of Satan will be to unsettle the faith of the churches in them, for this reason: Satan cannot have so clear a track to bring in his deceptions and bind up souls in his delusions if the warnings and reproofs and counsels of the Spirit of God are heeded.-- Letter 40, 1890. {1SM 48.4}

Where do you stand?

Views: 625

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stephen you miss the point the fault is not with the writings of EGW, the problem is how folks interprets her writings and the weight people place on them. EGW had to counsel some of her contempories about abusing and misusing her work. She also had to counsel folks about using her writings to finalise doctrines, she constantly told folks to go to the source which is Jesus and the Bible.

I don't need any middleman. woman I go direct to the source and the holy spirit will guide me into all truth. Read her works it is great stuff but don't make it a salvation issue and dont equate her works with the bible but saying to reject her is to reject the bible. That is simply not true.

I cannot say that EGW perse contradicts the bible or add to the bible but I know that some SDA's interpretation of her work add to the Bible.

Example

You say she says you should not use fictions but Jesus himself used fiction.

Some says that she says we should not eat meat but the bible makes a distinction between clean and unclean. And Jesus himself ate meat.

Some say she said not to use drums in church but david said we should make a joyful noise with drums and cymbals.

Just a few that readily comes to mind, but as I always say, the problem is our interpretation of EGW and not EGW herself.

Sister white never referred to her writings as the sprit of prophecy. True she gave 4 volumes a working title spirit of prophecy which were P&P, DoA, GC and AotA. But it was not her writings that were referred to but rather the subject matter. Showing how the Holy Spirit (the spirit of prophecy) was at work through the life of individuals life.
Charlie, I respectfully submit that I do not interpret Ellen’s writings wrongly, though some do. Some also interpret the Bible in error.
She never said not to use her writings, she is saying don’t twist them.
“The Lord has sent His people much instruction, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, and there a little. Little heed is given to the Bible, and the Lord has given a lesser light (her writings) to lead men and women to the greater light. (the Bible)” 103 {CSA 68.6}
The Holy Spirit should lead you to her writings. The Holy Spirit will always agree with itself. Since the Holy Spirit Inspired Ellen White, He will never lead away from her. Some who are unsure will accept her authority later, some will not.
David never said to use drums in the sanctuary. The timbrel, a hand drum was always used outside the temple worship.
Drums can only be used for sensuous rhythms that lead one away from God, from one degree to another. One cannot mix the Holy and the profane with good results.
Of course Ellen White knew she had the Spirit of prophecy:
Influence of These Books.--Sister White is not the originator of these books. They contain the instruction that during her lifework God has been giving her. They contain the precious, comforting light that God has graciously given His servant to be given to the world. From their pages this light is to shine into the hearts of men and women, leading them to the Saviour. The Lord has declared that these books are to be scattered throughout the world. There is in them truth which to the receiver is a savor of life unto life. They are silent witnesses for God. In the past they have been the means in His hands of convicting and converting many souls. Many have read them with eager expectation, and, by reading them, have been led to see the efficacy of Christ's atonement, and to trust in its power. They have been led to commit the keeping of their souls to their Creator, waiting and hoping for the coming of the Saviour to take His loved ones to their eternal home. In the future, these books are to make the gospel plain to many others, revealing to them the way of salvation.--Review and Herald, Jan. 20, 1903. {CM
Purposely and willfully continuing to reject the Lord’s prophet is a dangerous thing. This is not my opinion; I am only repeating what the Holy Spirit has said.
It is Satan's plan to weaken the faith of God's people in the Testimonies. Next follows skepticism in regard to the vital points of our faith, the pillars of our position, then doubt as to the Holy Scriptures, and then the downward march to perdition. When the Testimonies, which were once believed, are doubted and given up, Satan knows the deceived ones will not stop at this; and he redoubles his efforts till he launches them into open rebellion, which becomes incurable and ends in destruction. {4T 211.1}
God is warning us here, I plan to heed this warning, heaven is too important to me. Those who think their own opinions and judgments are better than God’s, will continue to be in doubt and uncertainty to their own possible destruction. When God raises up a prophet, we need to fully investigate that, and if true, we should heed that prophet. To do otherwise is very foolish.
Pro 14:12 There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Quite apparently there are thousands of ways that lead to death, each wrong way is that way. But also, there is one Way, all else is the wrong way.
Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.
to follow up, I believe those who are born-again love God's truth, the Bible. Then when that person reads Ellen White, he will know it is the Holy Spirit, and it is to be accepted. That does not mean it will not happen later.
Because I was truly converted 28 years ago, I read the GC before I ever darkened the doors of an Adventist church. I knew it was truth.
There's only one thing I really want to comment on here:
Of course Ellen White knew she had the Spirit of prophecy

All true believers have the spirit of prophecy, though:
Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Rev. 19.10).

I don't know much about EGW or SDAism, but do the SDAs believe she's the only prophet? Is God unable to raise up other prophets?

Although I definitely agree with this:
When God raises up a prophet, we need to fully investigate that, and if true, we should heed that prophet. To do otherwise is very foolish.

But I also think its important we don't set a prophet up as an idol. I don't know if that's the case, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and asking that I might understand. Thanks ahead of time.
Hi Derek, thanks for your interest. Only prophets have the spirit of prophecy .The true believers, or the saints believe God’s prophets.
2Ch 20:20 ………… Believe in the LORD your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall you prosper.
Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
As you can see here, the remnant, that’s us, (if we have the faith of Jesus and keep all the commandments including the 4th commandment), will have the identifying mark (Rev. 19:10) of the spirit of prophecy in the church. The 7th Day Adventist Church is the only church with the true gift of prophecy manifested in Ellen G. White.
Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
This verse comes after the mark of the beast and just before the coming of Jesus, 2 verses later.
Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, See you do it not: I am your fellow servant, and of your brothers that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
It seems like from this verse that we have the testimony of Jesus, therefore we are all prophets, but we cannot build our theology on one verse, we need to consider all that the Bible says on this topic.
Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit with.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these works that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
You can see the Spirit delegates the Gifts of the Spirit as He will.
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
These verses agree with the former ones and an addition Paul states “Till we all come in the unity of the faith” “ and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ”
This indicates all the gifts will remain in the church until Jesus comes. Even though Ellen White died in 1915, we still have the benefit of all the writings and counsel.
Ellen White is the only significant prophet since John was given the Revelation at Patmos that I know of. God can raise up whomever He wants for the work of a prophet, but it seems to me there will be no more of her status giving significant Testimonies. Her Inspired writings are quite extensive and cover well the end of time.
As you know, Satan will lead to any extreme those who are unwary and careless. Some are led to prove the Bible by Ellen White, that is backwards. We prove all things by Scripture.
Many are led to extreme or unbalanced views and will twist, or take out of context, and give only one part of a topic of her writings to prove an error. This is also done by omission as well as what is actually presented.
I’ve never heard of anyone making Ellen White an idol, but I suppose it could happen. She is to be commended for obeying God, though she had to struggle with that at one time when she refused to give the message and God struck her speechless for a time. She was very shy and shrank from the work given her. When God Inspired her in writing the Great Controversy, Satan tried to kill her and she almost died. Of course God especially preserved her.
Stephen I made 4 points and you only replied to 1 misinterpreted the other and ignored 2 altogether. So I will recap,

1. According to you EGW implied that fiction should not be used even to spread the gospel. Yet Jesus used fictious stories that are called parables, so who is wrong and who is right? your interpretaion of EGW or the Bible accounts of Jesus parables.

2. SDA's imply that meat should not be eaten according to EGW. However Jesus ate meat and God made a distinction between what meat could be eaten and those that cannot be eaten. You would need to show me the prophecy that said in the last days christians should not eat meat. Now since new prophets are not suppose to contradict past prophets, it would appear that something is quite wrong here.

3. David never said to use drums in the sanctuary. The timbrel, a hand drum was always used outside the temple worship.
Drums can only be used for sensuous rhythms that lead one away from God, from one degree to another. One cannot mix the Holy and the profane with good results

Psalms 150 talks about prasing God in His sanctuary and it goes on to list various musical instruments including the drums/cymbals. Now how can you praise a God in his Sanctuary with an instrument that is profane and one that will lead away from God? I think we need to take Ps 150 out of the bible David is obviously mistaken.

So who is right David a man after God's own heart or your misapplication of the writings of EGW?

4. You said that EGW knew she had the the SOP, I am not going to argue with that. However my point was she did not claim that she or her writings were/ is the Spirit of Prophecy. There is a difference my friend
Charlie, thank you for your reply. However, You are accusing me of a misapplication of Ellen White’s work. Perhaps you should get the facts straight before you make accusations. One more time and this discussion is over. Apparently you seem to have your mind already made up, so am I wasting my time? Hopefully someone will get some good out of this.

Here are some definitions of fiction and parables:
Quick definitions (parable)

▸ noun: (New Testament) any of the stories told by Jesus to convey his religious message ("The parable of the prodigal son")
▸ noun: a short moral story (often with animal characters)
Quick definitions (fiction)

▸ noun: a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact
▸ noun: a deliberately false or improbable account
Most (worldly) fiction does not teach truth. In addition, it poisons the mind against Bible truths. It is true that parables do have a rather loose connection to fiction, but the teachings of Jesus not only conveyed heavenly truth, they did not cause the mind to drift off into a fantasy world that is quite unhealthy. There is a vast difference in the fictions the world presents,(even so-called “Christian” novels) and the pure truths Jesus taught in parables.
To say Jesus taught fiction, would be saying he taught imaginary concepts and leads to the idea that Jesus taught lies. I would study to see the difference between fiction and parables.
If we follow the example of Jesus, we can also use allegories and parables to teach truth.
If I say weak sentimentalism is a counterfeit for love and it make no distinction between good and evil, I may also say this:
A mother with her 2 year old was shopping in the store. The child had plenty of toys at home she was not using. As they went down the aisles, the child would see something she wanted and would whine and beg incessantly, even almost screaming. Instead of properly disciplining the child, the mother gave in every time and bought the child the toy. This is not real love, this is weak sentimentalism. The child learned how to get her way, which produced selfishness in the child.
1Co 13:6 (love) Rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Pro. 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
So this is a parable that teaches truth in the way of what not to do, or what love is not. So this is not a fiction in the real sense of the word.
Meat. God gave permission after the flood for man to eat of the clean beasts. Because of abounding sin, God’s purpose was to shorten man’s life to hold back the tide of sin.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Gen 9:29 And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.
Gen 25:7 And these are the days of the years of Abraham's life which he lived, an hundred threescore and fifteen years.
You can see by Abrahams age that the introduction of meat eating drastically shortened man’s life span. By the turn of the century, meat and dairy products had become increasingly dangerous. God gave light to Ellen White to quit using all animal products, it was far too unhealthy. Pesticides were used in the grains. The greediness of slaughterhouses became a problem. Hormones were later introduced.
Reasons for Discarding Flesh Foods.--Those who eat flesh are but eating grains and vegetables at second hand, for the animal receives from these things the nutrition that produces growth. The life that was in the grains and vegetables passes into the eater. We receive it by eating the flesh of the animal. How much better to get it direct, by eating the food that God provided for our use! {CG 382.2}
Flesh was never the best food; but its use is now doubly objectionable, since disease in animals is so rapidly increasing. Those who use flesh foods little know what they are eating. Often if they could see the animals when living and know the quality of the meat they eat, they would turn from it with loathing. People are continually eating flesh that is filled with tuberculous and cancerous germs. Tuberculosis, cancer, and other fatal diseases are thus communicated. {CG 382.3}
From the light God has given me, the prevalence of cancer and tumors is largely due to gross living on dead flesh. 410 {CCh 229.5}
Modern Science bears this out.
See Gen. 1:29 for man’s original diet.
http://www.rememberthe4th.com/uploads/304_Udderly_Amazing.mp3
Above is Dr. Walter Vieth’s lecture upon cow’s milk. It is very eye opening. (audio)
Drums. This is long but you want answers and it does take some study to see the non role of drums in worship.
It is impossible to estimate too largely the work that the Lord will accomplish through His proposed vessels in carrying out His mind and purpose. The things you have described as taking place in Indiana, the Lord has shown me would take place just before the close of probation. Every uncouth thing will be demonstrated. There will be shouting, with drums, music, and dancing. The senses of rational beings will become so confused that they cannot be trusted to make right decisions. And this is called the moving of the Holy Spirit. {2SM 36.2}

http://www.drpipim.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&a...
. DRUMMING OR USE OF DRUMS IN WORSHIP SERVICE

The Bible is not opposed to the use of musical instruments in the Seventh-day Adventist church. In fact, Mrs. White encouraged the tasteful use of musical instruments. However, she was emphatic that it is better never to have the worship of God blended with music than to use musical instruments to create “a bedlam of noise” that shocks the senses and perverts the worship. “The Holy Spirit never reveals [Himself] in such methods, in such a bedlam of noise.” (2 Selected Messages, p. 36).

She stressed that music suited to the stage was foreign to the worship context. Forced or strained vocal deliveries that emphasize loudness, along with undignified, unrefined gestures and “acting attitudes,” are out of keeping with the worship atmosphere of Heaven. The “softer,” “finer,” “sweeter,” “more silvery strains” are “more like angel music,” whereas opposite attributes tend to be driven by self-centered “love of praise.” (3 Selected Messages, p. 335).

The specific issue we want to address is should drumming be a legitimate part of worship service. Does it have any use at all the religious life of the church. Space limitations will only permit a brief discussion here.

Musical Instruments in the Bible. Among the prominent musical instruments mentioned in the Bible are: harp, lyre, cymbal, trumpet, ram’s horn (shofar) and drums. Of these, the drum is the focus of our interest. In Scripture, whether it is referred to as tambourine, timbrel or tabret, it simply means a “hand-drum.” Our study will show that in every reference of its use in the Bible, drums were used outside the sanctuary service—in a common type of setting (e.g., social settings or festive celebrations).

a. Sanctuary Worship. The Lord specified three types of instruments to be used by the Levites in the Sanctuary. These are:harp, lyre [or stringed instrument], and the cymbal (1 Chronicles 25:1).

Note: The drum is not mentioned. Of the three instruments mentioned, the harp and lyre were, essentially, the same type of stringed instrument. They were both harps. One (the harp) played the higher register while the other (the lyre) played the lower range. The only percussive instrument listed is cymbal, an instrument that was apparently used to mark the pauses or intermissions. Some Bible scholars speculate that the term “Selah,” which is often found in Psalms, may have indicated the place where the cymbal was struck.

The same three musical instruments are mentioned in 1 Chronicles 25:6, with added instruction that the chosen musicians were to be under the instruction of their fathers (men of music, and most importantly, spiritual excellence).

In 2 Chronicles 29:25, during the time of Hezekiah, it is made very clear that the instruction regarding music, musical instruments, and musicians originated with God Himself. It reads:

“And he stationed the Levites in the house of the LORD with cymbals, with stringed instruments, and with harps, according to the commandment of David, of Gad the king’s seer, and of Nathan the prophet; for thus was the commandment of the LORD by His prophets” (2 Chron 29:25).

b. Assorted “Drums Texts” in the Bible. Though drums were apparently NOT employed in the sanctuary service, they were used in festivals and celebrations outside of the sanctuary. Here are some relevant texts:

1.Genesis 31:27—Laban’s words to Jacob. Drums (tabrets) to have been used in farewell celebration.
"Why did you flee away secretly, and steal away from me, and not tell me; for I might have sent you away with joy and songs, with timbrel and harp?"

2. 1 Samuel 10:5-6—Samuel predicts that after Saul’s anointment, he would be met by prophets playing various musical instruments (including drums or tambourine).
“5After that you shall come to the hill of God where the Philistine garrison is. And it will happen, when you have come there to the city, that you will meet a group of prophets coming down from the high place with a stringed instrument, a tambourine, a flute, and a harp before them; and they will be prophesying. 6 Then the Spirit of the LORD will come upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man.”

3. Job 17:6—the Hebrew word used for what the King James Version refers to as “tabret” is the wordtophet, which refers to an act of “spitting.” Apparently, the word tophet was confused by the translators with the word toph which means a “hand drum.”
“But He has made me a byword of the people, And I have become [as a tabret, KV] one in whose face men spit (NKJV).”

4. Job 21:11-14—Context refers to celebration outside the sanctuary
“1 They send forth their little ones like a flock, And their children dance. 12 They sing to thetambourine and harp,And rejoice to the sound of the flute. 13 They spend their days in wealth, And in a moment go down to the grave. 14 Yet they say to God, ‘Depart from us, For we do not desire the knowledge of Your ways.”

5. Psalm 81:2—Refers to the celebration of the exodus and the Lord’s victory over the Egyptians. It was outside the sanctuary.
“Raise a song and strike the timbrel, The pleasant harp with the lute.”

6. Isaiah 24:8—refers to the sound of music ceasing at the desolation of the earth.
“The mirth of the tambourine ceases, The noise of the jubilant ends, The joy of the harp ceases.”

7. Jeremiah 31:4—God’s promise of restoration and a description of the celebration that would be expressed by the children of Israel upon their return from the Babylonian captivity.
“O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, And shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice.”

8. Ezekiel 28:13—reference to the musical ability of Lucifer before his fall.
“You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.”

c. “Drum Texts” Associated with Disobedience

Isaiah 5:11-13—Disobedience of Israel
1 Chronicles 13:7-10—David disobeyed God’s commandment about how the ark was to be transported. When he repented, he did the right thing. But this time drums (trimbrels) NOT included (see 1 Chronicles 15:12-24).

d. “Drum Texts” Associated with Battle

Exodus 15:1-5, 20-21—In connection with the victory over the Egyptians at the Red Sea

Judges 11:34—Jephthah’s daughter met her father “with trimbrels and with dances.” The celebration was in response to the victory in the battle over the Ammonites.

1 Samuel 18:6, 7—Celebration of the women after David killed Goliath

Isaiah 30:31-33—Celebration over the Lord’s victory over the Assyrians.

Psalm 149—Drums used in celebration of God’s victory over all his enemies. (For a further discussion of Psalm 149 and Psalm 150, see the next section on dancing).

Psalm 150—For some, verse 1 presents a problem because it speaks of praising God “in His Sanctuary.” However, Psalm 150 is the final great finale to the Hallelujah series of Psalms that commence in Psalms 146. Psalm 150 concludes this series with a final call for everything (whether on earth or in heaven) that has breath to join in the praise anthem of God. Verse 1 is simply an invitation to those in heaven (the heavenly sanctuary) to worship God in “the firmament of His power” (see SDA Bible Commentary, vol. 3, p. 941, revised ed.). The text reads: “Praise God in his sanctuary [which is in]: the firmament of his power.”

These “battle drum texts” emphasize the celebration that takes place when God granted victory. But some will say, we must use drums and dancing in the church to celebrate the victories God has given us in our spiritual battles over sin. The question is: Did the Israelites win spiritual battles over sin in their lives? How come the bible doesn’t give a record of that. It is interesting that there is no reference to drums (timbrel) being used in the New Testament. Historical records showed that drumming and dancing were banned because of their association with common and profane things.
The word "parable" comes from the Greek "παραβολή" (parabolē), the name given by Greek rhetoricians to any fictive illustration in the form of a brief narrative. Later it came to mean a fictitious narrative, generally referring to something that might naturally occur, by which spiritual and moral matters might be conveyed.[2] A parable is a short tale that illustrates universal truth, one of the simplest of narratives. It sketches a setting, describes an action, and shows the results. It often involves a character facing a moral dilemma, or making a questionable decision and then suffering the consequences. As with a fable, a parable generally relates a single, simple, consistent action, without extraneous detail or distracting circumstances. Examples of parables are Ignacy Krasicki's "Son and Father," "The Farmer," "Litigants" and "The Drunkard." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable

Did Jesus use fiction in his parables? Yes he did. Was the story of the rich man and Lazarus fiction Yes it was. And folks have used tha parable to teach that at death we go straight to heaven or hell and that the unjust will burn forever.

Jesus used fiction to convet heavenly truth and we can also use fictio to convey heavenly truth, regardless of whatever others mat say and think
Charlie,

You said,
"Sister white never referred to her writings as the sprit of prophecy."
-----------------------------------------

Carefully study the following:

Loma Linda Messages (1981), page 33-37

The law of God and the Spirit of Prophecy go hand in hand to guide and counsel the church, and whenever the church has recognized this by obeying His law, the spirit of prophecy has been sent to guide her in the way of truth.

Revelation 12:17. "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." This prophecy points out clearly that the remnant church will acknowledge God in His law and will have the prophetic gift. Obedience to the law of God, and the spirit of prophecy has always distinguished the true people of God, and the test is usually given on present manifestations.

... Again and again as the wisdom of men has failed and the work became hedged about or tangled up in any of its departments, the wisdom of this gift has always been shown in setting it free. The clear-cut missionary policy laid out for all departments of this great work by the spirit of prophecy in contrast with the mercenary policy oft times worked into it by men to whom the care and keeping of the message has been entrusted, shows that the wisdom of this gift is from above.

As the message developed and grew, it was this gift that urged the extension of the work, and from that day to this has done more than all other influences combined to push the message into the regions beyond. In every development of the message--evangelical, education, medical, and publishing, the spirit of prophecy has not only led the way, but given light on how to conduct these different departments in such a way as to bring success in the spread of the message. (Ibid., p. 34)

Again the spirit of prophecy shed light upon the situation, pointing out the difficulty and the remedy. As the light has been followed, relief has come, the message has gone with leaps and bounds, and the resources have increased wonderfully. The great need of the hour is consecrated men and women whose faith and experience has grown strong in grappling with difficulty and in undertaking great things for the cause of God. (Ibid., p. 35)

"Then the test came upon the sanitarium. God has given them prosperity, not to be a means of self-exaltation, but that they might impart of their substance. When His servants were sent to Australia, you should have understood that God would work through them, and you should have exercised liberality in appropriating means to advance the work. The medical missionary work should ere this have been established upon a solid foundation. There should be no withholding of means. The Lord has let His chastening hand fall upon the Review and Herald office because they would not heed His voice. Self-sufficient managers hedged up the way that
His work should not advance. The Lord calls upon the Battle Creek Sanitarium to extend her work and to place the health institution here upon a proper basis. This should have been done two years ago. The withholding tends to poverty."

The result of failing to heed the light sent by the spirit of prophecy is now manifest in the destruction of that institution, and the present situation at the head of our medical missionary work. Could the brethren at the head of the department have accepted the light that was given through this gift, we should today see the same prosperity attending this department that has come to the others as the light has been followed. (Ibid., pp. 35-37)

God has permitted all these things to come upon His people that they might see the folly of trusting to men, however great their power or influence, and that His people might learn to believe in the Lord their God and in His prophets that established prosperity might follow their efforts to advance His cause.

The message from the spirit of prophecy today to this people is a call for a reorganization of the entire medical missionary work, the key of which is unity. It would seem that this particular phase of the message is to be so blended with every other part that the entire message is to stand out before the world after the similitude of Christ's work that every individual member of the church--layman, canvasser, Bible teacher, school teacher, institutional worker, and minister is to stand in Christ's stead before the world with His message of teaching and healing. The nurse or physician is no longer to content himself to simply minister to men's physical necessity, but is to perform a double ministry. The minister and missionary worker are to minister alike to soul and body in their need, and (57) thus the entire work is to become one united medical missionary evangelistic work. (Ibid., p. 37)

CONCLUSION: Ellen White did in fact use the words "Spirit of Prophecy" to refer to the manifestation of the gift of the Spirit in her ministry and writings.
Jim can you please supply quotes from EGW herslef where she stated that her writings was/ is the SOP. Your above quote was not written by EGW seems to me that some SDAs in 1981 prepared the Loma Linda Meemnes as part of a brain storming exercise. And they are ones who refer to EGW writings as SOP.

Jim my brother the debate is not whether or not EGW is a prophet, my argument/ concerns is that we claim that the writings of EGW is the spirit of prophecy when the Holy Spirit is the spirit of prophecy. It is the HS that inspired the prophets, it is the HS that guides us to all truth, it's the HS that teaches us about Jesus. Basically what SDAs have done is replace the Holy Spirit with EGW.

Whether or not I am a SDA oe whether or not I believe EGW is or isn't a prophet does not change the fact the she is not the SOP.
I'll pray for you Brother!!! your SOP really need to touch your heart!! sooner than later!! God bless!! have a spirit filled sabbath!!!!
Charlie,

Do you accept Ellen G. White as a true prophet of God?

I do and am just wondering where you are "coming from."

You seem to always try to undercut Ellen White. Maybe you don't mean to but that's what I get from most of your posts that have to do with her.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service