Adventist Online

I find a bit difficult for someone to remarry after the death of his or her partner,these are the questions i usually ask,

1. how will they explain themselves when their partners are resurrected by God?

2.how does a new mum or dad fit into the system of a new family?

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know.  However, I don't plan on remarrying should my wife die.

Dont you have human feelings?

I Cor. 13

Love is kind and unselfish. I do not think this will be difficult to explain in heaven any more so than Paul explaining to Stephen why he is in heaven too.

You see there will not be marrying in heaven anyway. It will be one great big happy family. Petty jealousies will be no more. When heaven is about giving and not getting no one will say "but what about me, that's not fair"" he got more than me." When the mindset continually is" how much can I give" true happiness will fall in the wake and there will be no one unfulfilled.  

No. Absolutely not. The scriptures are very explicitly clear on this.

Shalom,

Will

My post was in favor of marrying again if God has brought the two together. Perhaps that was not clear.

It is not good that man should be alone...

Smile on face...

I would certainly want my wife to choose a suitable partner to protect her and to guide her in her walk with Messiah if I were to pass away.

The fealing that there would be a "rejection" of the "old" spouse or something of that nature is rooted in selfishness.

Shalom haShem Yahshua,

Will Anderson

We're like Canadian Geese, mated for life.  When a Geese's mate is killed, they don't find another.  That is how my wife and are.  There is no giving or marrying in heaven.  Heaven is also a 1,000 year adjustment period.  What happens on an earth made new?

What was one of the first commands?

Genesis 1:27-28, "So God created mankind in his own image,  in the image of God he created them;     male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

I'll hedge my bets and see.  If not, I will just be a contended goose. :)

One of the most loving and unselfish things you can do is tell your spouse to remarry if you die. Why would you want your spouse to be alone and burdened for decades? Our hearts are big enough for many loves, to remarry another does not discount the love you had. Geese have a much shorter lifespan than humans, they don't have to pay bills, raise children for 18 years plus, plan for retirement, watch grandchildren. They don't hold hands or kiss or hold you when you had a bad day. God made us to be with mates not to be alone. If it is someone's choice not to remarry, fine it's your life, but that is a personal choice and not be pushed onto others.

We have a much shorter lifespan than those in the antedeluvian world too.  I guess it is a matter of perspective.

If we were made to mates, why is there to be no giving mor marrying in heaven?  Or is heaven a transitional adjustment period, prior to the earth made new?

Well, then, I guess remarrying is a moot point then.

No, I mean, if there is no marriage in heaven, and I honor the memory of my wife by not taking another, then what does it matter?  I can stay celibate.  I can wait my time until it is my time to sleep, or Christ comes back.

If there is no marriage in heaven, to me it is a moot point to need to have another spouse.  Why bother?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service