Adventist Online

Martial arts is a form of exercise, although some pastors don't agree, for me it is the way to maintain balance and to keep my body fit.

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try doing it barefoot outside, summer or winter, and full contact without any padding.  Then you have something.  I did that while attending University.  I have had to end up using it only a few times over the years.  But, it stopped a fight before one began.

It is a good from of exercise. Just remember that the ultimate protector is Jesus. :)

Do not put your self in a position where evil is on purpose. Spiritualism is the devil's ground.

The Isrealites had left Egypt unarmed but after they crossed the Red Sea, they picked up the Egyptian weapons that had washed to shore... they then elected the sword to defend themselves against the Lord's will but God in His mercy did not abandon them but He gave them counsels how to use that sword in mercy to themselves and to their enemies... until they would learn His way because it was never God's way of doing things.... so we can't use that as an example for Christians... and Jesus did not recruite soldiers... he told Peter in the garden of Gethsemane that he who takes the sword will perish by the sword... it was never God's way to take the sword... and Rom.13:4 was spoken for the powers that be, not for the Christians.

So my dear brother Rene, if you wish to be a follower of Christ, you will have nothing to do with the marshall arts, period. You can find better ways to exercise. I go for a long walk every day and I am fine. I rarely miss my walk.

Just try to picture Him who is our example in all things doing marshall arts for exercise!!! I can't! can you?

sky
"You want to be like little children, hanging upon the MERITS of a crucified and risen Saviour. Then you will be fortified. How? The angels of God will be around you as a wall of fire, the righteousness of Christ which you claim, goes before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rearward." E.G. White, Ms, 9,1891.

Is this not our best defense?

sky

"A soul thus kept by the heavenly agencies is impregnable to the assaults of Satan." D.A.324.

yup...! thats right!

but isn't there a time that God permits bad things to happen?

dont tell me there's none...

Job is the best example...

but i don't say that God left Job.

GOD PERMITTED IT TO HAPPEN...FOR HIS CHARACTER BE VINDICATED!

He loves us very much that is the reason why He commands His angels to guard us in all our ways...

GOD PERMITTED IT TO HAPPEN....... BUT IT IS NEVER HIS WILL!

Sin is everywhere!

GOD BLESS!

Amen !
    "For the Angel of the LORD (Jehovah, Yehuwah) encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them . . . . O taste and see that the LORD is good: Blessed (with the Spirit) is the man that trusteth in Him !"
     Psalm 34:7-8 & Galatians 3:14

" He who is imbued with the Spirit of Christ abides in Christ. The blow that is aimed at him falls upon the Saviour, Who surrounds him with His Presence. Whatever comes to him comes from Christ. He has no need to resist evil, for Christ is his defense. Nothing can touch him except by our Lord's permission, and we know that "all things" that are permitted "work together for good to them that love God."
     Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us of which we know nothing. Those who accept the one principle of making the service of God supreme, will find perplexities vanish and a plain path before their feet. As a little child, trust to the guidance of Him Who will "keep the feet of his saints." 1 Samuel 2:9.    As we commit our ways to Him, He will direct our steps . . . !"

- The Faith I Live By, p.64  &  Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing, p.72

May the LORD Bless you my brother !
E.Wilson - Isaiah Ministries
https://littlelightstudios.tv/projects/the-dragon-revealed/

Page 323

Of all the sins that God will punish, none are more grievous in His sight than those that encourage others to do evil. God

Page 324
would have His servants prove their loyalty by faithfully rebuking transgression, however painful the act may be. Those who are honored with a divine commission are not to be weak, pliant time-servers. They are not to aim at self-exaltation, or to shun disagreeable duties, but to perform God's work with unswerving fidelity.
Though God had granted the prayer of Moses in sparing Israel from destruction, their apostasy was to be signally punished. The lawlessness and insubordination into which Aaron had permitted them to fall, if not speedily crushed, would run riot in wickedness, and would involve the nation in irretrievable ruin. By terrible severity the evil must be put away. Standing in the gate of the camp, Moses called to the people, "Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me." Those who had not joined in the apostasy were to take their position at the right of Moses; those who were guilty but repentant, at the left. The command was obeyed. It was found that the tribe of Levi had taken no part in the idolatrous worship. From among other tribes there were great numbers who, although they had sinned, now signified their repentance. But a large company, mostly of the mixed multitude that instigated the making of the calf, stubbornly persisted in their rebellion. In the name of "the Lord God of Israel," Moses now commanded those upon his right hand, who had kept themselves clear of idolatry, to gird on their swords and slay all who persisted in rebellion. "And there fell of the people that day about three thousand men." Without regard to position, kindred, or friendship, the ringleaders in wickedness were cut off; but all who repented and humbled themselves were spared.

Those who performed this terrible work of judgment were acting by divine authority, executing the sentence of the King of heaven. Men are to beware how they, in their human blindness, judge and condemn their fellow men; but when God commands them to execute His sentence upon iniquity, He is to be obeyed. Those who performed this painful act, thus manifested their abhorrence of rebellion and idolatry, and consecrated themselves more fully to the service of the true God. The Lord honored their faithfulness by bestowing special distinction upon the tribe of Levi.

The Israelites had been guilty of treason, and that against a King who had loaded them with benefits and whose authority they had voluntarily pledged themselves to obey. That the divine

Page 325
government might be maintained justice must be visited upon the traitors. Yet even here God's mercy was displayed. While He maintained His law, He granted freedom of choice and opportunity for repentance to all. Only those were cut off who persisted in rebellion.

Patriacrchs and Prophets

A single angel destroyed all the first-born of the Egyptians and filled the land with mourning. When David offended against God by numbering the people, one angel caused that terrible destruction by which his sin was punished. The same destructive power exercised by holy angels when God commands, will be exercised by evil angels when He permits. There are forces now ready, and only waiting the divine permission, to spread desolation everywhere.

The Great Controversy page 614
We see in the above passages that God does authorize force at times.
Go ahead and study martial arts is my opinion. Remember, the martial arts had a part of thier history in China, and the reason for the martial arts was NOT for combat, but to stregthen the mind/body/soul so that the monks could meditate more and be in harmony with themsevles and nature, to be at "peace" with the world. I am a firm believer in walk softly but carry a big stick.

May Jesus guide you in all that you do !

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. It is quite clear you have no understanding of what these arts are. The exersises put you in a frame of mind that takes you away from God with you even knowing it. These are more than exersises they are a religion and a false philospphy contrary to the Bible.

Sky said:
they then elected the sword to defend themselves against the Lord's will but God in His mercy did not abandon them

Where did you get this? The book of Mormons?

but He gave them counsels how to use that sword in mercy to themselves and to their enemies... until they would learn His way because it was never God's way of doing things.... so we can't use that as an example for Christians... and Jesus did not recruite soldiers... he told Peter in the garden of Gethsemane that he who takes the sword will perish by the sword... it was never God's way to take the sword... and Rom.13:4 was spoken for the powers that be, not for the Christians.

True. "Take the sword / perish with the sword" was a rebuke for a religious body to impose their will upon others. The same thing was said in Revelation about the Papacy. The minister of God, the police man or soldier, is not going to die by the sword because it's his job to bear the sword.

Christians can have a job in the military and serve their country, which protects their religious freedom. But they may not take up arms for themselves to spread and defend their faith. They also may not manipulate the government to persecute their rivals.

So my dear brother Rene, if you wish to be a follower of Christ, you will have nothing to do with the marshall arts, period.

You don't have any authority to create new laws.

Just try to picture Him who is our example in all things doing marshall arts for exercise!!! I can't! can you?

I can picture Jesus having fun training in martial arts, getting a good work out. But Jesus was a carpenter. We can't all be carpenters. Jesus never told soldiers who followed Him to quit their job and do something else.
Ok, for me it depends on the person's motive, although I realize some will disagree with me. I think it's like guns in that way. There is nothing wrong with guns in themselves. They can be used for different purposes, including target practice, which is a sport like the bow and arrow or golf. I have many weapons but I refused to kill people during Vietnam, and I wouldn't use them on people now.

I could imagine martial arts being the same way. If the Holy Spirit convicts you that it is wrong, and if you feel guilty for doing it, then of course you shouldn't do it.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service