Adventist Online

Martial arts is a form of exercise, although some pastors don't agree, for me it is the way to maintain balance and to keep my body fit.

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tug!.arayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
birds are fed by God even they don't earn a living, but we are not, we need to work before we eat. If you are in a situation where a tree is about to fall on you would you not going to avoid it? We are living in this unfair world, even though there is Almighty God to protect us, we must have some thing to do. God gave us knowledge, wisdom, skills to use it. like one proverb says "do your best and God will do the rest". Bro. Rene keep it up just keep your motive on the right side and i'll pray for you God's love you, and I love you .
Viola, this proverb "do ur best and God will do the rest" is not inspired of God. It is the product of human philosophy inspired by the old serpent the devil,,, it is one of his sophistries...

"Some say, 'I must go so far on my own (do my best) and then Christ meets me and accepts me.' You may think you have tried to do about right, and that after all you will be saved in doing this. You cannot see that Christ does it all." F.W.72,73.

You cannot see that Christ does it all!! He does it all? Yes He does it all..."His righteousness accomplishes everything." F.W.27. "Christ imparts all the powers, all the grace, all the repentance, all the inclination, all the pardon of sins, in presenting His righteousness for man to grasp by living faith." F.W.24.

Even the least inclination toward God is from Him. "You cannot have an inclination to come to Him unless He sets in motion influences and impresses His Spirit upon the human mind." F.W.73.

Some ask, Don't we have to do something? Yes but He still does it all. "If you have a sense of need in your soul, if you hunger and thirst after God, this is an evidence that Christ has wrought upon your heart, in order that He may be sought unto to do for you, through the endowment of the Holy Spirit, those things which it is impossible for you to do for yourself." M.B.19.

"What is justification by faith? It is the work of God in laying the glory of man in the dust, and doing for man that which it isnot in his power to do for himself." T.M.456.

If we are willing to be led, the Spirit will lead us to behold the uplifted Saviour and to lay right hold upon His all-sufficient merits that His righteousness may be brought into the life to fill up the measure of the law's requirements. Thus the pen of inspiration speaks of "the faith that lays right hold upon the merits of the blood of a crucified and risen Saviour to bring Christ's righteousness into the life." F.W.65. And then we read, "Clothed with the righteousness of Christ, and not your own righteousness, you will not depend upon what you can do or what you will do. Don't you know you cannot do anything without Christ." F.W.65,66.

You will not depend upon what you can do or what you will do. Why? Because "Christ's righteousness accomplishes everything." F.W.27.

Therefore, "Our part is to lay hold by faith of the merits of Christ." F.E.432. This faith is also the gift of God. Eph.2:8.

"All His merits and righteousness were open to fallen man, presented to him as a gift." E.G. White, Bible Commentary, Vol.7,913.

We show that our faith is of the right order by claiming the merits of Jesus. His merits are our precious possession, our heritage. Our part is to claim them as our own possession and then the Lord clothes us with the glistening Vesture of His own righteousness and it is made manifest in the life in obedience to all the commandments of God. "Now is the accepted time. Now is the day of salvation." 2 Cor.6:2. "There is salvation for you but only through the merits of Jesus Christ." T.M.97.

The Lord invites all men to receive His righteousness which accomplishes everything by laying right hold upon the merits of His shed blood, the merits of the blood that was shed for us upon Calvary's cross, the merits of the blood that is of value beyond estimate. See F.W.22.

sky

"Some seem to feel that they must be on probation and must prove to the Lord that they are reformed, before they may claim His blessing. But these dear souls may claim the blessing even now. (the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel of Christ,,, Rom.15:29). They must have His grace to help their infirmities, or they canot form a Christian character. Jesus loves to have us come to Him, just as we are--sinful, helpless, dependent." F.W.38.
So we just accept His rightousness and then sit around and do nothing, is that what you are saying Sky ?

I don't hardly think so.
Sky said:
Viola, this proverb "do ur best and God will do the rest" is not inspired of God. It is the product of human philosophy inspired by the old serpent the devil,,, it is one of his sophistries...

Actually Ellen White said something about doing everything in your power, and God will make up the rest and bridge the gap. I can't think of what to search for, but I've seen the quote used before.
Luke 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
yes, its putting yourself first before God. Thanks for the clarification
"When it is in the heart to obey God, when efforts are put forth to this end, Jesus accepts this disposition and effort as man's best service, and He makes up for the deficiency with His own divine merit." FW 50
That's the one. In other words: "do your best and God will do the rest" :)
Yes. That is what it says to me. Except that I would add ... He HAS done the rest ... at the cross.
thank for that, I was mistaken when I quoted that
as long as i concerned, for the long period of time i never do spiritualism combined with martial arts, when i learn more about martial arts the better i hold my temper, not like before, until now i can not see any wrong about martial arts, anyway thanks to your contribution.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service