Adventist Online

can someone please explain why a world renown SDA preacher is saying ALLAH is the creator of the universe. this is very troubling to me and i am thinking leaving the SDA church based on these revelations. if SDA is acknowledging that a demonic GOD is to be praised then i denounce my attachment to SDA right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-6PS8J528

Views: 3839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JayExodus, you say, "ok let me be clear. this debate is not about words but who they are referring to."

Yet you continue to debate about words not whom they refer to. The Muslim believes that he is worshipping the God of Abraham. So he is referring to the same God that we refer to. However, his concept of God is completely messed up. That does mean that he has a different concept of God - but that's because he doesn't know the true concept of God. He will refer to Jesus the Messiah without understanding what a Messiah is or what a Messiah does. Try it, ask a Mulsim what al-Masih means.

So, forget the word and concentrate on the concept. If a Muslim comes to me and says, 'John you and I both believe in the same God of Abraham' I will agree that I believe in the God of Abraham and I will acknowledge that he thinks he does as well but now it is up to me to reveal the true God of Abraham to him. If he's Arab or Indonesian why am I going to spend time telling him that Allah is a bad word when he will go to a SDA Church and hear everyone refer to Allah?

Nobody is suggesting that Allah is Jesus Christ. You have not understood that the same name can have different concepts. Perhaps that is why you accuse all Arabic-speaking Christians of worshipping demons. Are you suggesting that they use the English word for God in their Arabic-language services?

Also if we believe in the same God it does not mean that our behaviours and beliefs will be the same which is why the ten commandments is so important. Which is why Jesus is so important.

And hated and despised by Islam and rejected in Koran.  So, Islam is an Anti-Christ religion.

Jesus is referred to as the Messiah eleven times, He is called the Word of God, prophet, and messenger. His mother is the most highly revered woman in Islam and Jesus is known as the greatest of the Prophets. It is a sin in Islam to speak against Jesus.

Jesus is referred to as "prophet" and "son of Mary" in Islam, never son of God or God & Creator.

verse 4:156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge;  That they said (in boast):  'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.'  But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.  Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.  And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him  (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them."

JameS said, "Jesus is referred to as "prophet" and "son of Mary" in Islam, never son of God or God & Creator."

...and this is where we step in. The Qur'an confesses the divinity of Jesus. In S.19:19 Jesus is referred to as a "holy son" who is a gift from God. Unlike Mohammed, Jesus is sinless (S.3:36) and Mohammed stated, "I bear witness that Jesus, the son of Mary, is the spirit of Allah and His Word which He cast into Mary, the virgin, the good, the pure, so that she conceived Jesus. Allah created him from His spirit and His breathing as He created Adam by His Hand.".

They have Jesus creating (S.3:45; 5:110), they have His death and resurrection (S.19:34) and they are waiting for His return to this earth. 

From that beginning we introduce them to the Jesus of the Bible and the Bible itself.

159. وَإِن مِّنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ إِلاَّ لَيُؤْمِنَنَّ بِهِ قَبْلَ مَوْتِهِ وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ شَهِيدًا

Allah (God) says in the Quran, "There shall  not be anyone from People of the Book, but shall believe in him before his death and on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) shall be a witness against them." (Quran 4: 159)  

Furthermore, Allah (God) also says in the Quran, "And he (Jesus عليه السلام) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Resurrection); therefore have no doubt about it (the Hour). And follow me (Allah), this is a Straight Path." (Quran 43: 61)

allah is the greatest of deceivers 

GREAT VIDEO Jason M. here;s some more disturbing stuff about allah (god of muslims)

I think it comes down to confusion between translation of a name (God=Allah) vs. talking about someone else's concept of WHO THEY CALL GOD (ALLAH).  We also call our God "God".  We both think our God was the God of Abraham.  But our concepts of God are very different.

We believe our concept of God represents Him accurately.  We believe that Muslims' concept of God is false.

Just because someone calls their own god a "great deceiver" does not reflect on my concept of MY God.  Just because we both call Him "God" does not mean we understand Him the same way.  Just because Arabic speaking Christians rightly call their God "Allah" does not mean this deity has the exact same characteristics of the deity referred to in the Koran.  We know by their characteristics that these are different concepts of God. 

These videos (by their own title) are comparing Jesus and Muhammad.  They are evidence for Muhammad NOT being a prophet.  I agree.  I believe Muhammad was not a prophet.

But these videos are not a discussion of the translation of the Arabic word Allah (which is used for the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob).  When they use the word Allah, they are referring to their concept of the Islamic god.  Because that's what followers of Islam call their God.  They are not referring to OUR concept of God (also called God, or Allah in Arabic).

They aren't the same concept of God.

You are right Allah is not our God, it  is their god.  Their god has no room for Jesus or the Holy Spirit, neither of who is recognized by their god.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service