Adventist Online

can someone please explain why a world renown SDA preacher is saying ALLAH is the creator of the universe. this is very troubling to me and i am thinking leaving the SDA church based on these revelations. if SDA is acknowledging that a demonic GOD is to be praised then i denounce my attachment to SDA right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-6PS8J528

Views: 4044

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The fact you have not and will not touch is the fact that Obama wages war, has caused and ignited war, has a kill list and has used it. His agents have caused the deaths of ambassadors and border agents and Chaos along our southern border.  These are facts has nothing to do with me and is not a lie.  I don't care what religious hat he puts on these are things that SDA should take a stand against.    

I do not know of a war Obama started. The 2 latest wars where started by Bush but ok.

Ignited wars; thats a problem since it is kind of hard to prove an involvement of the US in general or Obama specifically in any given wars out there. 

Kill list / Drones; Yes everyone knows that and its bad if you ask me especially since it doesnt help the situation at all when one considers collateral damage of these drone attacks as well. 

Benghazi; I guess you mean this with the ambassadors has nothing to do with Obama even the Reps gave up on that lately.

Chaos at the border; You think he personally ordered people of Honduras to send children to the southern border? Did he hire the white protesters which greeted the refugees in best american-christian manners as well?  

I would even add to the list:

NSA scandal: That a foreign government spies on its own allies and bribes government officials of allied countries is rather a big step into the wrong direction. Not to mention that it is unthinkable that any agency spies onto million of civilians without any reason.

Obama currently gets the blame for everything it seems even things which run good he gets blamed to have it messed up. It has become a sport it seems. I have no problem critizing where it is needed but you know silly allegations as we have seen the past several years or just lately done by the GOP or "white old middle class" america serves no purpose. Heck these idiots, sorry for that word, even shut down the whole government because they could not stand that Obama succeeds in any way and the blockade in congress serves no purpose either but to just hinder the president on the cost of lives. Not saying Obamas plans are all good or what he does is good in many cases he does not do good but politics can not be "you dont get a win we shut down government before you do".

Maybe Obama should do it like Bush and pay the US media with government money for better press coverage....

This however was not the only thing i meant with my posting earlier about all these lies missquotes conspiracy theories etc etc etc going. It is one thing of so many topics out there and my questions did not receive an answer

@Manuela-"Do you seriously believe it serves any purpose at all to act this way? as in a christian purpose.Do you seriously believe that is the way we as SDA should spread the word of god?Is that good ministry?"

Preach my brother  !!!!!

"This is all lie not fact" - (corrected the quote for you)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/24/AR2...

"Senator Obama has never been a Muslim," "As a six-year-old in Catholic school, he studied the catechism."

Until you have actual prove on something else beyond conspiracy theories/selfproduced youtube crap you really should not claim something which is not true.

Where did he go to school when he was living with his stepfather?  It's in the book he supposedly wrote.  Try again.  I am not at all saying he is a Muslim.  I am saying he is whatever the fashion of the day is and I am saying it again just as JameS said so eloquently.   There are a great many facts about Pres Obama, some not so nice, but since he is a Liberal he gets a pardon for all the wars and death he has caused.  Drones, kill list no big deal. Arbitrarily ignoring the law, no problem. 

It is in the link i provided i did not deny it.

Pres. Obama does not get a pardon at all where the allegations are actually true what the conspiracy theorists out there produce on a daily basis since well basically his first election campaign is beyond stupid tho.

The former president had an industry forming a lie to invade another country. I doubt that the Republicans really should throw stones....

Never once mentioned where he was born, never claimed him to be a muslim, but the facts are wages war, kills citizens (Muslim citizens) without a trial,  etc........

on and on.  

SDA are supposed to be in favor of these things?   

Off Topic.

Please start another discussion topic if you wish to discuss politicians and political views.  This discussion is about Adventists promoting Islam.

No evidence was posted in that link JameS.

What you take as evidence is rumour, speculation and conjecture. Do you actually know what constitutes evidence? Just because someone writes something on the internet does not make it true. 

You say there are "many RC connections with the founding of Islam" yet you have not given one example.

You claim that Islam "cleared the entire middle east of the Orthodox and other Christians who Rome was at odds with". When did this happen? Can you give any evidence for the above? How is it that the oldest Christian denomination remains in Egypt?

Alberto was a conman. He was not a Jesuit priest and much of his "secret history" was copied from mid-20th century writers.

There is no evidence that the RCC had anything to do with Islam and your "facts" are nothing more than comic books and your imagination.

Muhammad, Mary, and Miriam: A Qur'anic Confusion

The Arabic word for "Mary" (the mother of Jesus) is the same as the word for "Miriam" (the sister of Moses and Aaron). If the Qur'an is not the word of God, this confusion might cause problems for Muhammad. Interestingly enough, the Qur'an confuses Mary with Miriam.

Qur'an 19:27-28--"At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: 'O Mary! Truly an amazing thing hast thou brought! O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

Notice that the Qur'an refers to Mary (the mother of Jesus) as the "sister of Aaron" (i.e. Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron). Even Christians during the time of Muhammad recognized this error, and Muhammad had a chance to respond.

Sahih Muslim 5326--"Mughira b. Shuba reported: When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read 'O sister of Harun ["Aaron"]' (i.e. Hadrat Maryam) in the Qur'an, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of Apostles and pious persons who had gone before them."

So Muhammad's response is that people in the time of Mary would refer to a pious young woman as the "sister of X," where X might be a prophet from 1400 years earlier. The problem is that we have no record of such a practice in first century Israel, and we don't even find it used elsewhere in the Qur'an. The obvious conclusion, then, is that Muhammad simply made a mistake, and that he tried to correct it by making something up.

Two more points are worthy of note in al-Muslim's hadith. First, the Christians of Najran knew nothing of the practice of referring to pious young women as the sister of some prophet, even though they would have been familiar with traditions about Mary. Second, the Muslim who talked to them obviously didn't know that this was a figure of speech, since he was stumped by the refutation and had to go back to Muhammad for an answer. Thus, Christians knew nothing of the practice Muhammad referred to, and Muslims who had been reciting the Qur'an in Muhammad's presence were never told that "sister of Aaron" was a metaphor. Indeed, they only learned this when Muhammad had been accused of erring.

But things get even worse. The father of Moses, Aaron, and Miriam was a man named Amram (Arabic: "Imran"):

1 Chronicles 6:1-3--"The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath and Merari. The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. The children of Amram were Aaron, Moses and Miriam."

Hence, if Muhammad really believed that Mary the mother of Jesus was the same person as Miriam the sister of Moses and Aaron, it wouldn't surprise us to find Muhammad referring to Mary as "the daughter of Imran." Not surprisingly, this is exactly what we find in the Qur'an and the Hadith:

Qur'an 3:35-36--"Behold! When the wife of Imran said: 'O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: for Thou hearest and knowest all things.' When she was delivered, she said: 'O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!'--And Allah knew best what she brought forth--'And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.'"

Sahih al-Bukhari 3769--"Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari: Allah's Messenger said, 'Many amongst men attained perfection but amongst women none attained the perfection except Maryam (Mary), the daughter of Imran, and Asiya, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh)."

Note that Mary's mother is called "the wife of Imran." The Qur'an certainly takes the application of this metaphor to an extreme, for now we must assume that there was a first century practice in which a pious woman would be called the "wife" of the father of a prophet!

Thus, if we are to believe Muhammad's explanation for what appears to be a rather obvious error in the Qur'an, we must believe that there was a first century practice in which people would refer to a pious young woman as "the sister of X" (where X was a prophet who died centuries earlier), and as the daughter of the wife of Y (where Y was the father of prophet X), and as "the daughter of Y" (where, again, Y was the father of prophet X). When we combine this with the fact that, by an amazing coincidence, there was indeed a woman named Miriam who was both the sister of Aaron and the daughter of Amram, and whose mother was the wife of Amram, we have to wonder why the author of the Qur'an would pass on such a confusing collection of metaphors, with absolutely no evidence that these metaphors were ever used in the first century, and with the only reasonable conclusion being that Muhammad didn't know that Mary and Miriam were two different people, who lived more than a thousand years apart.

I don't understand. What has this got to do with the topic under discussion? How does this prove or disprove that SDAs promote Islam?

Reply by Manuela 14 hours ago

"You have no idea of the islamic beliefs. There are a lot of Prophets in islamic belief.

One major Prophet was Jesus (Îsâ) for the muslim others where Adam (Adem),Noah(Nūḥ), Abraham (Ibrāhīm) and Moses (Mūsa). Should be known names for you. 

Read it up before claiming things :-)

Names in () are the Arabic names used in Quran"

This was to show that the Koran don't have a clue who these prophets were 

It is reported in a sunni hadith that when the angel of death, came to Moses, Moses slapped him in the eye. The angel returned to God and told him that Moses did not want to die.[79] God told the angel to return and tell Moses to put his hand on the back of an ox and for every hair that came under his hand he would be granted a year of life. When Moses asked God what would happen after the granted time, God informed him that he would die after the period. Moses, therefore, requested God for death at his current age near the Promised Land "at a distance of a stone's throw from it."[80]

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service