Adventist Online

can someone please explain why a world renown SDA preacher is saying ALLAH is the creator of the universe. this is very troubling to me and i am thinking leaving the SDA church based on these revelations. if SDA is acknowledging that a demonic GOD is to be praised then i denounce my attachment to SDA right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-6PS8J528

Views: 4051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus, the Messiah - Sura 3:45

Holy Spirit - Sura 16:102

Why speak lies when it is so easy to speak truth?

This gives three contradictions:

First, 2:97 says that it is the (angel) Gabriel who brings down the revelation from Allah to Muhammad, while 16:102 says it is the Holy Spirit. BECAUSE of these two verses Muslims usually identify the Holy Spirit with Gabriel and say that this is just another name for Gabriel. However, in another context they completely forget that they have made this identification already since they ALSO want Muhammad to be the Holy Spirit and Comforter promised by Jesus in John 14-16 in order to desperately find a prophecy of Muhammad as claimed in Sura 61:6. But obviously the Holy Spirit cannot be both, he cannot be Gabriel and Muhammad at the same time. That is, unless Muslims believe Gabriel is Muhammad!

The Qur'an has several contradictions throughout the book. What is your point?

Heisenberg said that the Holy Spirit is not mentioned in the Qur'an.

It is mentioned.

Are you denying that Sura 16:102 clearly mentions the Holy Spirit?

If you want to follow Muslims and try and allegorise the Holy Spirit out of the Qur'an, up to you, but I have given you the quote, you can read it for yourself, it is in the Qur'an and it says what it says, the Arabic is clear: Ruh al-Quds - Holy Spirit, not Jibreel.

I fully agree. The Koran does have many contradictions. The mix up between the angel Gabriel and the Holy Spirit is a typical example. My point is that we can either knit pick at all these contradictions and focus on the behaviour of the jihadist faction or we can build relations with these people and introduce them to our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Here, ZJOutback, you are correct.

Look at the threads regarding Islam. Every time I try to turn it towards witnessing to Muslims nobody wants to reply, there's just an embarrassing silence. (Actually, on reflection, there are a couple who respond exactly like extremist Muslims, wanting to interpret the Qur'an to hide any "seeds of truth" in it.) It is becoming very apparent that there are a number of posters who are scared of Islam and they seem to want everyone else to validate their fear.

For myself, I want to reach out to Muslims because they really need to hear the Gospel message. Whilst some supposed Christians bicker and fight, condemning all Muslims to hell, there are some who feel that the Gospel commission extends to everyone.

Sadly, as witnessed on this forum, there are those who want to stop all outreach to Muslims and are quick to condemn anyone who disagrees.

There are two main barriers to witnessing to Muslims:

1. The attitude of Christians towards Muslims;

2. The attitude of Muslims towards Christians.

1. All Muslims are terrorists/paedophiles/satan worshippers/beyond redemption;

2. All Christians are polytheistic idol-worshippers who drink alcohol, gamble, fornicate and eat unclean food. They are all "crusaders" who want to destroy Islam and support Judaism.

Both sides present plenty of "evidence" to justify themselves and satan is happy as so-called Christians ignore the lost Muslims.

Shouldn't we, as SDAs, have a different outlook? Shouldn't we be looking for ways in which we can witness to Muslims, to bring them into God's fold? 

Or do we just sit back in fear accepting that Islam is stronger than our God?

Hiho JohnB,

in my seminar-group in university there are some guys from Yemen and while i was talking with one about my faith and he reported about his i just noticed recently how limited my knowledge about our similarities in faith is. E.g. he taught me, that also Muslims believe in a second coming of Jesus.

You seem to have some clue about the Islam and it's relations to our faith so it would be nice, if you could recommend a book or a homepage, so that i can get some more information about that topic.

Thanks 

I have just finished proof-reading a book that the church is publishing, once I have received my copy I will let you know the details.

If you are interested specifically in Islamic beliefs regarding the return of Christ then you could look at the 5-part series here.

However, at the beginning of the second part the author does not quote Sura 19:33 in which Jesus says, "And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

This is a very important verse because in it Jesus refers to His birth, death and resurrection. Whilst many Muslims deny Christ died, the Qur'an says that He did.

For an excellent source in regard to Jesus in the Qur'an I recommend "Mizan ul Haqq (Balance of Truth) by Pfander.

Let me know if I can be of any more help, once I return home I will go through my library and see if there are any other recommendations.

Do you have an Adventist-Muslim Relations department in your conference?

So, how long have you been Muslim?

So, how long have you been Muslim?

This is inappropriate and will not be tolerated.  It is not honest debate.  It is not allowed by our Site Rules & Guidelines.

2.  Be truthful.  Do not mislead others.  Speak only words that have a factual basis.  Do not speculate about suspicions.

7.  Don't put words in other people's mouths that they have never said. (This does not, of course, prohibit quoting their words from previous posts.)

Please refrain from behavior outside of our Site Rules & Guidelines.

Blessings and prayers,
Clark

I agree brother Clark, this type of satire is not called for. 

Plus there is a moon god connection from pre-Islam times; where they get their symbolism.

-

"In Old Testament times, Nabonidus (555-539 BC), the last king of Babylon, built Tayma, Arabia as a center of Moon-god worship. When the popularity of the Moon-god waned elsewhere, the Arabs remained true to their conviction that the Moon-god was the greatest of all gods. While they worshipped 360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the Moon-god was the chief deity. Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the Moon-god."

Jason this is very blasphemous.  Do you call yourself an Adventist Christian. I just hope our Adventist brothers and  sisters from the middle east do not see what you say about God because they will be terribly offended. For your own sake, please don't blaspheme against God. If you are not aware.  The christian Bible used by all christians in the middle east uses the name Allah when refering to God. Calling Allah a deceiver is blasphemous. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service