Adventist Online

How do we know if the Probation is still on for me, or if the probation is closed? Is there any visible signs like how in the days of Noah, the ark was closed...?

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NO! Probation is not closed yet, but those who continue in sin will be lost. We should be always ready; DO NOT CONTINUE IN SIN because you don't know when you will die. 

I believe that Jason

Mt 24:23-31  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shines even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. ...  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:  And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Rev 7:14 .... And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

People still have the opportunity to accept and repent, a true heart felt repentance and not because the jig is up, during the tribulation period, up until the time Christ returns. And as Jason M points out, you could die before then.

Yes, we may be sure that that trumpet sound will be literal, just as it was when Israel were at Mount Sinai.

Exodus 19:16-19

"And it came to pass... that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that were in the camp trembled...  And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice."

It will be in that time that the people of God will need to stand without the intercession of Christ.

Amen, WE still have an intercessor... Thanks stewart..

Hi Bill, WE still have a chance, Thanks for reminding that..

Hi Preethi,

I do not believe probation is closed yet, at least not for everyone. However, probation does close on different people at different times. But, there is the final close of probation for all, which will happen when Christ leaves the Most holy place, and at that time, the declaration of Revelation 22:11 will be done.

'He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.'

When I say probation does close at different times for different people, I mean that at times, people may become so comfortable in sin, that the promptings of the Holy Spirit has no effect on them. Remember Joh 16:8, the work of the Holy Spirit is to,'  reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:' and when He convicts us, our hearts are pricked as we grieve over the sin we commit and as in Acts 2:37, we are drawn to repentance.  This is why we are warned against grieving the Holy Spirit in Eph 4:30 ' And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.'
and we are also told that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven. Mat 12:31 ' Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.'

Blasphemy is bringing into disrepute/ speaking or causing someone to speak evil of what is Holy. I get this from Titus 2:3-5 (The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. )

An example is what happened during Noah's age, and God said he will not always strive with man.

Also, for King Saul, his probation also closed way before his death. 1Sa 16:14 says, ' But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.' it is from this knowledge (that the Spirit of God can depart from someone) that David prays the psalm of 51 after his sin with Bathsheba and causing Uriah's death. note Psalms 51;11 'Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me'.
We also know that God can give up on us if we fail to retain HIm in our knowledge, and this would only mean that probation is closed, according to Roms 1:28-32 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; .............(vs 32)  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

In Rom1:26-32, we are told that God can give up on people, and this leads to condemnation.

So, is there a clear sign when probation closes? Yes, at the final probation, lawlessness, persecution and finally, the sign of the coming of Christ in the sky.

And how does one know that God has cast him away? when the sin that caused guilt ceases, and lawlessness takes over. When one never feels guilty over sin and instead, takes pleasure in sin.

Rob, that was exactly what i needed to hear again!

Thanks to God and you!  ;)

amen. May we be found humble, meek and seeking Jesus daily.

!2 months? Where do you get that from Rob?

The rest I agree, i have been feeling my own guilt lately in loneliness and more awareness,evenfretting for a closer walk with Jesus. Pray for me please all.

I was always under the impression that probation closes just before God releases His judgement wrath on the wicked as the 7 last plagues. As those who remain as His will be protected from the wrath of God, For Him to have done this he has to have made His judgement to know who will receive and won't recieve His wrath. Hence Revelation 22:11.

Someone mentioned tribulations are not the 7 last plagues what the world regard as the tribulation?

Thanks for your comment Rob I believe you are right about that. May we be found with a humble heart, when the King of Kings comes. 

I do wonder about the 12 months Rob would you be kind to expand on that Please. 

Bro Rob,

Where does the 12 month period come from?  Thanks!

God Bless,

Jay

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com