Adventist Online

Is the Trinity doctrine biblical?  or is it beyond our comprehension and not a matter of salvation?  Bible and Spirit of Prophecy quotes if possible please...

Views: 5817

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan, that reference to son of God is to an angel of God, as son of God in Old Testament often refers to created beings of God; Angels.

SO angels had sex with humans in Genesis 6? Is Christ an Angel too? Can you show one place where sons of God refer to angels ? 

Was it possible for Jesus to sin? If so, then how was he the Son of God? He was only the Son of God through the vision (density)  of God. If Jesus had sinned, he would not have been or could not have been the Son of God.  Romans 1:4 says,

…and who (Jesus) has been declared to be the powerful Son of God by the resurrection from the dead according to the Spirit of holiness.

Some other readings says, reveal, appointed and predestined the Son of God in power, according to the spirit of sanctification, by the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead.

God determined this and predestine it and appointed and declared Jesus Son of God by the resurrection.

Acts 2:23He was handed over by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. 24But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.

Jesus is the only begotten son of God, not because of a human birth, but because of a spiritual birth in its true sense.

…And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth.

Through the resurrection, Jesus became the only begotten Son of God; the firstborn from the dead.  Those who are resurrected in the first resurrection will also be sons of God, this is what we’re told.

Romans 8:17 And if sons, then also heirs; heirs of God and co-heirs with Yeshua The Messiah, for if we suffer with him, we shall also be glorified with him.

To be a son of God is to be a glorified spirit being just as Jesus is now as the only begotten son.

Jesus was exalted to a position with God, other sons of God will be exalted to a position with Christ.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

We should not confuse the only begotten with the first begotten.

Reasoning said, Jesus is the Son of GOD before He was born in the flesh, during his life in the flesh, and after His resurrection.

Jesus was the Word God and became flesh. Jesus was not the Son of God in heaven.

Gene how convenient it is to ignore text that says something different 

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Gene should also read PP34.2 to see references to the Son of God before sin entered the world.

Sorry Dan Gene do not subscribe to E G White. You need to quote the Bible and even so I know he prefer some texts more than others.

Peace

Gene, there seems to be agreement, of course except yourself... Everyone one here is of agreement that Jesus is the Son during His life, before His death. You posted this,

Gene wrote: "Jesus became the Son of God by the resurrection from the dead. When Jesus lived as a human man he was not yet the Son of God, he was Jesus.

Again, something rarely seen on AO, amongst SDA and non SDA like yourself, everyone agrees Jesus was the Son of GOD during the time He lived as a human. Are you sticking to your belief despite the evidence supplied? Or do you care to retract your statement?

Blessings!
Peace

Gene wrote: "Jesus was the Word God and became flesh. Jesus was not the Son of God in heaven."

Now this is something different here, not only do you believe Jesus wasn't the Son of GOD during His life, but you believe He wasn't the Son of GOD Heaven as well. You believe Just after His resurrection was He considered the Son of GOD. Do I understand you correctly?

Gene, a person is gonna believe what they want, but this belief of yours has no evidence, and much has been shown here to prove what you believe is wrong.

Bless!

Reasoning,

Was Jesus a human?  In heaven, the Word was God and with God, the Word was not begotten and was not Son of God, but was God. Jesus was a human being; humans bleed, Jesus shed his blood, and human beings die, so did Jesus. If Jesus was a human being, how was he Son of God? Like all human beings, Jesus died.

Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I'm alive forever more.

Jesus is the Son of God because God destined him to be the first begotten, the first born from the dead. He became Son of God;  sons of God do not die, but are alive forever more; human beings do.  So, since Jesus was human; how was he Son of God?

The apostle John says, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him..."

How are we sons of God now? Are we sons of God the same way Jesus was when he was on earth? The only difference, as the apostle state is it doth not yet appear what we shall be.

The sons of God John speak of will become so in the same manner as Jesus, God has already predestined it so just as with Jesus. 

This is what Jesus said in Luke chapter 20...For neither are they able to die any more, for they are like the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

[being sons of the resurrection]. Of course, not all will die as we are told, but all will be change into the likeness of Jesus; Son of God.

So, what do you mean by son of God?

Peace

Gene wrote:"Jesus was a human being; humans bleed, Jesus shed his blood, and human beings die, so did Jesus. If Jesus was a human being, how was he Son of God? Like all human beings, Jesus died."

Ok Gene, I understand what you believe, but I gave you Bible verses to prove your wrong. You believe Jesus wasn't the Son of GOD before His resurrection, because He was human, and after His resurrection is when He was considered the Son of GOD. I'm understanding you correctly?

If so, these Bible verses debunks your belief. While Jesus was here on earth and before His resurrection, He asked a question, a question directly related to what we're talking about, and gives a clear answer.

Matt. 16: 13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Gene, very simple and clear, this isn't something hard to understand, from what I have studied, it's something most of Christianity agrees on, and that is

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Before Jesus resurrection Gene, Simon said He was the Son of the living GOD, and Jesus said

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Again, it's before the resurrection of Jesus when He ask the question, when Simon answered the question, and when confirmation was given that the answer was correct.

Gene, wow... as shocking as it is, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this subject as well.

Blessings to you!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by