Adventist Online

Is the Trinity doctrine biblical?  or is it beyond our comprehension and not a matter of salvation?  Bible and Spirit of Prophecy quotes if possible please...

Views: 5674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James you need to read your Bible again it says the Holy Spirit not an angel. 

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

That is referring to the spirit of God, as often angels of God were called God, though they were agents, this is the Hebrew idiom of agency. God works by agency of angels and humans, but He God directs and energizes the manifestation. The miraculous creation of the sperm life which united with the egg then followed natural law, as Jesus grew in the womb and was born in the natural manner.

Jesus literally is the Son Of God as supernatural power from God created the life.
Jesus was and is not God, as God is not to be equated with either two or four footed creatures. Jesus was not God coming into concretion, but a man, but the most special man in history who obeyed God. If Jesus was God, everything he had to face would be nothing for God, his obedience would not be obedience, the true God only has to be obedient to and keep His word.

It would have been not an amazing accomplishment. God cannot be tempted, neither does He tempt any man. No man hath seen God at any time.

You have stated many falsehood here and you cannot be called a Christian based on your beliefs. You said angels of God were called God, what book?   

You have said that Jesus was not in existence before His birth, we have proven you wrong on this point.

You beliefs are so far from Christianity, it is amazing you are on this site discussion bible and Christianity with us....  

James,

Thanks, but again I would ask a question; was Jesus a human being if not, then what?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

It doesn’t say it is the Son of God, but that it shall be called the Son of God.

I agree with you that Jesus was foretold of and was in God's foreknowledge, and not in existence before his birth. Luke calls it a “holy thing.” We know what holy means. Jesus purpose was to do the will of God.

Did God use a human man to carry out His purpose or was Jesus something other than human?

Jesus called God Father, and he said that we should pray, our Father who are in heaven. Let me explain it this way.

Son-ship is a relationship. Jesus had relationship with the God.

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, carrying out His work.

Our relationship is with the Father too, through the son-ship of Jesus and this is why Jesus said that we should pray our Father who are in heaven. This relationship makes us sons of God as Jesus was the Son of God walking on earth.

If we have this relationship with God’s Anointed then we have the relationship with the Father also.

I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one— 23I in them and You in Me — that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

Our son-ship is bound within this relationship; I in them and You in Me.

So, when John says, now are we the son of God, he’s speaking of this relationship that at its climax will produce son of God that will live for evermore, just like Jesus.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service