Adventist Online

THE POLITICAL CLIMATE IS NOT ONLY WARMING IN GOVERNMENT BUT ALSO IN THE CHURCH.  SDA MEMBERS ARE DIVIDED WITH ISSUES SUCH AS GAY MEMBERS, WOMEN PASTORS, DRUMS AND ELECTRIC GUITARS FOR WORSHIP.  WILL THE GEN CONFERENCE SACRIFICE ITS BASE BELIEFS AND ROOTS TO ACCOMMODATE THE PROGRESSIVE NEW CULTURE AND TO HARMONIZE WITH THE LEFT LEANING THINKERS?  

IN TEXAS, SOME SDA MEMBERS OF LATINO BACKGROUND HAVE BROKEN OFF INTO WHAT IS QUICKLY GAINING GROUND. THE NEW “IGLESIA ADVENIMIENTO DEL SEPTIMO DIA IS GROWING WITH MOSTLY EX SDA WHO WANT A MORE TRADITIONAL AND CONSERVATIVE WORSHIP.  TRADITIONAL SONGS HYMNS. NO JEWELRY OR MOVIE THEATER ETC.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Views: 2067

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not often I agree with you Gene but I do here indeed. It seems like some do not want to see the signs of the times. 

The trinity doctrine is bringing the division which most cannot see it simply means some would be worshipping the true and living God and some would be worshipping a trinity God or want for a better word a Sun God. 

Ellen White is casing more division and don't don't about Jesus ... 

There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. He is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation.—Fundamental Beliefs, 2

EGW endorsed this belief 

Wow! What a stretch, Bro Elijah. Would you mind showing us just where and how EGW "endorsed this belief" posthumously?

Dab seems to me that you need to read up on SDA history EGW was present when the Fundamentals was hammered out. 

Show me Sir. Show me word-for-word.

Dan That means you do not believe that EGW was with the pioneers as they hammered out the Fundamentals? Tell me why I should do research for you? seems to me you are able to handle a computer. 

https://egwwritings.org/

Bro Elijah, please stop the insults and diversionary tactics. I haven't been on this forum for a while and did not notice your response. There is nowhere EGW endorsed a trinity doctrine. There was no trinity doctrine in the SDA fundamental beliefs when she was alive. Leroy Froom confesses he had to wait until the pioneers passed from the scene for him to develop this delusion he had picked from outside Adventism. All pioneer publications show they all rejected this trinity monster and very emphatically so. James White, AT Jones, EJ Waggoner, Uriah Smith etc all rejected this delusion. We all have links to post. A trinity doctrine should be demonstrable from the Bible, not from a website link. 

Peace

Hi brother Dan, is the GODHEAD teaching in the Bible and the writings of EGW? 

If so, what is the Bible's teaching and EGW teaching of the GODHEAD? 

Thank you. Blessings!

The Godhead teaching is in the Bible. I hope you notice that the word simply means "divinity or deity". It has no numerical connotation, from its biblical context. Again, it is not to be confused with the trinity falsehood (in christendom the two words tend to be used interchangeably). For a brief summary of the two concepts, please see: GODHEAD%20TRINITY%20TABULAR%20COMPARISON.pdf

The chief suggestion of the trinity theory is that God is three persons (or its alternate - that God is one person in three). We do note that at its core is the rejection of Christ as the begotten, divine Son of God. The Bible calls this "antichrist" (I John 2:22-23). The falsehood introduces "God the Holy Spirit" and "God the Son" which two concepts are alien to the Bible. Nowhere will you find such phrases in the Bible or in SoP. I'm glad to note that worldwide, even among Sunday-keeping evangelicals, many are rising to question and reject this falsehood. In the Adventist churches, many are being excommunicated for simply questioning the SDA creed (Church Manual/Fundamental Beliefs). It is the same spirit of the antichrist of Daniel 7:24-26, and the acceptance of the Roman Catholic church's chief doctrine (trinity) in the SDA church means that we must also do things the Catholic way (excommunicating those who accept Bible truth against human tradition). The current SDA church only lacks weapons and civil power, otherwise things could go the Heruli, Ostrogoth and Visigoth way. Ask those who have attended church boards where excommunication takes place.

EGW writes much about Christ being the Son of God. You can begin with PP34, 36 and see how from the beginning to the end of the controversy, the story of redemption is wrought by the Father and the Son, present with us through their Holy Spirit.

We do not deny the Holy Spirit. We categorically deny the alien trinitarian god known to many as "God the Holy Spirit". From Genesis to Revelation, one gets a very confusing message if read from a trinitarian perspective. On the other hand, if you take the Bible for just what it says, that God has His Son, the story of redemption makes so much sense. Also in PP, please read Chapter 13 (The Test of Faith) and ask yourself, Between Abraham and God, who offered a greater sacrifice? It seems to be a strange question to ask, but if you accept the trinity doctrine, you must also follow it through and accept that Abraham offered a greater sacrifice of his only begotten son, while God only offered a colleague, a member of his three-one (or one-in-three) council. It is just ridiculous, to say the least.

True believers must reject the trinity falsehood. It is unbiblical, antichrist and anti-three angels' message.

Peace

Dan wrote: "The Godhead teaching is in the Bible. I hope you notice that the word simply means "divinity or deity". It has no numerical connotation, ..."

Thank you brother Dan.. I read the link, I'm not trying to use GODHEAD as another name for the trinity. Even though trinity is not used in the Bible or SOP, and we shouldn't use it, however the definition of trinity on the surface is the same as GODHEAD. What is that basic definition? That there are Three persons that is the GODHEAD. 

You say GODHEAD has "no numerical connotation", with all due respect, at the moment,  I would have disagree with you. Reason why is because EGW wrote in regards to this subject, and it seems clear that what she wrote goes against what you wrote. 

EGW : "The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave Themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption. In order fully to carry out this plan, it was decided that Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, should give Himself an offering for sin."CH p.222

EGW : "Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power. It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church." DA p. 671

EGW: "The Comforter that Christ promised to send after He ascended to heaven, is the Spirit in all the fullness of the Godhead, making manifest the power of divine grace to all who receive and believe in Christ as a personal Saviour. There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.—Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, pp. 62, 63. (1905). – Ev p.615

EGW: "The prince of the power of evil can only be held in check by the power of God in the third person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit.—Special Testimonies, Series A, No. 10, p. 37. (1897).  Ev p.617

Dan wrote: "The chief suggestion of the trinity theory is that God is three persons (or its alternate - that God is one person in three). We do note that at its core is the rejection of Christ as the begotten, divine Son of God. "

Strong words indeed... I'm not concerned with the word trinity, nor is the Bible or the writings of EGW, but The GODHEAD according to the SOP "..are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit -.."

Do you agree with EGW/SOP wrote? 

Blessings! 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com