Adventist Online

THE POLITICAL CLIMATE IS NOT ONLY WARMING IN GOVERNMENT BUT ALSO IN THE CHURCH.  SDA MEMBERS ARE DIVIDED WITH ISSUES SUCH AS GAY MEMBERS, WOMEN PASTORS, DRUMS AND ELECTRIC GUITARS FOR WORSHIP.  WILL THE GEN CONFERENCE SACRIFICE ITS BASE BELIEFS AND ROOTS TO ACCOMMODATE THE PROGRESSIVE NEW CULTURE AND TO HARMONIZE WITH THE LEFT LEANING THINKERS?  

IN TEXAS, SOME SDA MEMBERS OF LATINO BACKGROUND HAVE BROKEN OFF INTO WHAT IS QUICKLY GAINING GROUND. THE NEW “IGLESIA ADVENIMIENTO DEL SEPTIMO DIA IS GROWING WITH MOSTLY EX SDA WHO WANT A MORE TRADITIONAL AND CONSERVATIVE WORSHIP.  TRADITIONAL SONGS HYMNS. NO JEWELRY OR MOVIE THEATER ETC.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Views: 1699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are different opinion in the church. But by the grace of God it is not going to divide. It happened in 1888 G.C meetings as well when people have different opinion and it look like church is going to divide at that time as well but more than 100 years passed the church is still united globally. Some time in division God accomplish His task. So let's keep on praying for the uniformity of the Church around the world. 

Greetings,

Even though nothing new is taking place and the incident is not only occurring in Texas but other section in the world we as Christians need hold on to that which is according to the bible teachings. 

Personally speaking:

in relation to gay members I am not in agreement with there sexual believes nor act. The bible also disagree with them in Genesis it tells us whereby God created Adam and Eve and even marry them. While in Sadom and Gomorrah persons were conducting unlawful sexual acts including homosexuals and God destroy Sadom and Gomorrah.

Additionally, I'm not sure if women pastors is biblical but, I believe when a women accept the post as a pastor she is not able to carry out the duty of the home effectively. On the other hand, if the woman lives alone or do not have a family of her own to take care of I think it's fine for her to accept the role as pastor. 

Musical instruments,

I know of some S.D.A churches that don't use drum set due to satanic possession. I think once the instruments are played reverently and acceptable to God then it's good for worship.  

Finally, everything in life have a good side and a bad side. The good for God and the bad for Satan and Satan will present himself where God is but, it is for us to stay on the path where God want us to be and to act in accordance with God.

What a good reply Bess.

"Additionally, I'm not sure if women pastors is biblical but, I believe when a women accept the post as a pastor she is not able to carry out the duty of the home effectively. On the other hand, if the woman lives alone or do not have a family of her own to take care of I think it's fine for her to accept the role as pastor. "

Correct. Paul admonished one such servant of the Church, also termed Pastor, but there were no males to do the job of serving....

Ro 16:1 ¶  I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

However in OT times, the gender male were only Pastors, in the presence of community, the males take precedence of the females, in the Pastor role, though both genders are necessary for love to flow correctly, and properly....our churches lack nurture, the functional major of females.

"in relation to gay members I am not in agreement with there sexual believes nor act. The bible also disagree with them in Genesis it tells us whereby God created Adam and Eve and even marry them. While in Sadom and Gomorrah persons were conducting unlawful sexual acts including homosexuals and God destroy Sadom and Gomorrah"

What is our Church creed going to do when gays want fellowship? We you creed the Father is a He and the Son is a He, and the Holy Spirit is a He, so why can't we enjoy the same sort of communion as God seems to?

This is public creed our Church has made based on human traditions, I have not seen a single research paper on it, nor a General Conference indicating the change, but its public, and I disagree with it....not back up by the Bible at all...We are heading into stormy waters, with our creed made entirely on human traditions.

Shalom

I have  read your comments about SDA division. We can not deny as of today we are fulfilling the prophecy written in the Bible. Here in the Philippines, disunity is always present in every church. Why because we always want that our ways our thoughts are always right. We always want that our will are always right. without considering the will of our Lord Jesus Christ. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness , and all this things shall be added unto you.  Jesus said for I know the thoughts I have for you thoughts of good and not of evil to give you an expected end. Jer. 29;11. What we lack is reading and studying the word of God. the we lack praying asking the knowledge of God where in we have to ask the Holy Spirit that will guide us, in every thoughts. our leaders of today , our members depend on their knowledge, not on the wisdom of God. Thats why most of our churches have disunity, most of all its already the prophecy , Well, its my prayer and more prayer to ask God that the Latter rain will be poured unto us. Those  who can stand on the trials are those who are equiped with His word. May the Lord bless us all as we wait for His soon return

The GC ADCOM Compliance proposal voted this week will sadly be the bane of the Seventh-day Adventist church. The reasons for its adoption are unconvincing, while there are extremely weighty reasons against it. The Czech Union and the Southern Africa lay members groups have given good reasons for opposing the AD COM Compliance policy document. One wonders who voted for the document (opposition has come from NAD, predictably, as well as Europe, Australia and Africa). Can the policy come into effect with such opposition? It gives a bad premonition of what will/might happen when national Sunday law comes. Every conscious Seventh-day Adventist will/should oppose it, but if this AD COM document and voting is anything to go by, NSL will be passed at the highest levels of legislative councils and maybe even the SDA church itself. Unless delegates to the next GC Session in 2020 overturn this AD Com monster, there sure will be more division in the SDA church than exists already.

Hi Dan; nice to hear from you again.

Please explain what these new rules are or mean in essence. Will it be enforcing/requiring belief in the trinity?

I am for individuals to be able to choose what and how they worship God, and on what day they choose also, under religious freedom protected by the Constitution of The United States. That is despite the fact that I may or may not agree with certain doctrines of any person or denomination.

Under Abomination, Christians and freedom, in general, were under Satanic attack. Thank God that creature is out of office. The waste and corruption reached up to heaven.

Happy Sabbath Bro James French. Nice to hear from you too.

First let me post it here so you can read it for yourself. Let me not preempt your understanding of it.

Attachments:

Thank you Dan!

TO THE SAINTS AT ADVENTIST ONLINE:

It is most significant that the document contains only one reference to scripture; Ephesians 4:3.

Lets look at the context of verse 4:3, CAPS used are for emphasis;

"1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,  2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;  3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  There is (There is; italicized words are not in the manusciptsONE BODY, and ONE SPIRIT, even as ye are called in ONE HOPE of your calling;  5ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM,  6ONE GOD and FATHER of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Walk refers to "walking by the spirit in love." Walking by the spirit means more than just following the written Word of God addressed to the body of Christ, it means being directed, empowered and in cooperation with the spirit of God motivated by the love of God as the verse says; "with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love."

How many people walk by the spirit of God as exemplified in the Book of Acts and the church epistles?

I am not attacking individuals as much as so-called leadership. All born again believers are brethren in the one body of Christ despite doctrinal and practical differences. Jesus Christ is the head of the body of Christ. FAILURE TO OPERATE AND UNDERSTAND THIS IMPORTANT PRINCIPLE AND THE OTHER PRINCIPLES OF THE SACRED SECRETS REVEALED TO PAUL BY REVELATION  OF JESUS CHRIST HAS LEAD TO DIVISION, APOSTASY, AND INEFFECTIVENESS AND ALMOST NO POWER OF GOD BEING MANIFESTED BY BELIEVERS FOR THE MOST PART. WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT COMES BOTH LOVE, POWER AND UNITY.

It is the spiritual connection and cooperation of each believer to the Father through the Son of God by the holy spirit (referring to the gift of holy spirit) is how the one body is supposed to operate. If everyone is following God in love, there will be unity.

ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, WHO IS ABOVE ALL, AND THROUGH ALL, AND IN YOU ALL.

The Trinity doctrine alone defies the above. Almost all of denominational and non-denominational Christianity is in apostasy due to the trinity, and operating not according to the scriptures and walking by the spirit of God, but being organized in apostasy as a 501(C)(3) organization, and operating as a corporation and following the world including doctrines of devils. These are harsh truths I think. Most will not think and consider, but react with hatred, not considering the scriptures nor the spriit of God.

Paul said by revelation in I Timothy 4: "1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;  2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; " 

II Thessalonians 2:"1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,  2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Falling away in verse 3 is apostasia, Greek meaning a falling away, forsaking God.

The use of the word "ENTITY" in the document is significant also. Entity is "that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving)." Origen 1596, WordBook Dictionary.

Should or do believers refer to one another as entities? Do husbands who love their wives refer to them as entities? The emphasis of the document is compliance of all entities, both living and nonliving.

There is no consideration that the official doctrines, practices or organization is wrong or needs reform, or that the members and leaders are not being taught or practicing doctrine and practice as exemplified in the Book of Acts. That is why we seldom see the greatness of the examples in the Book of Acts that is how the body of Christ is supposed to operate.

There is still as in most "churches" demands for tithes without authority and no or almost no "distributing to the necessity of the saints." The financial organization is as a corporation, with corporate officers and following the principles of the IRS and the World. We see almost no manifestations of the spirit, no miracles, no or hardly any revelation by anyone, no gifts of healing, for the most part, no prophecy and no speaking in genuine tongues in private prayer or with interpretation. In essence, there is little evidence of the spirit by the 9 manifestations of holy spirit, and other than the occasional answer to prayers, some love of God manifested by individuals, but nothing like the Book of Acts, or the greater works that Jesus said the believers would do.

The early Christians in The Book of Acts had far less written Word at their disposal as we do, as handwritten manuscripts were expensive and rare and kept in synagogues and much of the Word of God had not been given yet of the New Covenant. But they walked by the spirit in power and love in cooperation with God, having far more faith and true cooperation then we see today for the most part. People think that cooperation or compliance with their church organization is synonymous with cooperation and compliance with God. That is often not the case. Now, I recognize there is grace, in that God shows mercy and grace to us despite our extreme shortcomings, sins, unbelief and lack of motivation, true unity in the spirit and love. THINK BEFORE YOU REACT.

Every believer in Christ IS A SAINT, even though they often do not act like one. That is why I edited my post above and added in caps; TO THE SAINTS AT ADVENTIST ONLINE. I like that many here refer to one another as brother or sister. That is good, but how about calling each other saint, or addressing to the Saints as Paul did. Perhaps there would be more recognition of the truth and respect for others in the body of Christ. In truth all believers born again of the spirit of God are saints, destined to be like the angels with new bodies and eternal life upon Christ's return as promised by God via the spirit and the written Word of God.

Speaking as an  SDA who lived in Southern Africa..its misleading to say that opposition came from Southern Africa. I am familiar with the post that appeared on spectrum but that post does not reflect the majority of the African views or even the Southern African views on the compliance document.  

I watched as the delegates were airing their views and most SID delegates who commented supported the document. Most people who are tinkling cymbals on spectrum magazine have a problem with compliance document. but the majority who don't have a problem are just quite....

What is shocking in this GC ADCOM action is that the church seems to have failed to learn from the Lesson Quarterly of last week and this week on unity within the church. Do people at the GC read the lesson quarterly?

I read the quarterly and you are correct Dan, the leadership did not learn from their own literature. That is hypocrasy indeed. The document in question appears to be on a witch-hunt of non-compliance of all ENTITIES.

Quoting from the quarterly “In the first century, the universal church may have been quite visible[;] it is much more difficult and complex to see it, for instance, during the Medieval Ages.”

The present day Christianity in comparison to the Book of Acts and the church epistles (Romans through Thessalonians; scriptures addressed directly to the Body of Christ), it is much more difficult and complex to see the universal church today.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service