Adventist Online

THE POLITICAL CLIMATE IS NOT ONLY WARMING IN GOVERNMENT BUT ALSO IN THE CHURCH.  SDA MEMBERS ARE DIVIDED WITH ISSUES SUCH AS GAY MEMBERS, WOMEN PASTORS, DRUMS AND ELECTRIC GUITARS FOR WORSHIP.  WILL THE GEN CONFERENCE SACRIFICE ITS BASE BELIEFS AND ROOTS TO ACCOMMODATE THE PROGRESSIVE NEW CULTURE AND TO HARMONIZE WITH THE LEFT LEANING THINKERS?  

IN TEXAS, SOME SDA MEMBERS OF LATINO BACKGROUND HAVE BROKEN OFF INTO WHAT IS QUICKLY GAINING GROUND. THE NEW “IGLESIA ADVENIMIENTO DEL SEPTIMO DIA IS GROWING WITH MOSTLY EX SDA WHO WANT A MORE TRADITIONAL AND CONSERVATIVE WORSHIP.  TRADITIONAL SONGS HYMNS. NO JEWELRY OR MOVIE THEATER ETC.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Views: 934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Jack, our allegiance is to our creator God. But seems to me that you have forgotten what God charged Adam to do seeing you pull the God card. 

Genesis 2:15 The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden as its gardener, to tend and care for it.  

And what does mankind do digging up all the things that they can find and pollute the earth with the fumes from burning fossil fuels, and here you are saying that God will tidy up after you because you do not care about what happens with all the rubbish you pollute our earth with. Our Oceans are full of Plastic rubbish, and you think God will clean it up? Yes in a way God will clean it up with an all-consuming fire.  

When did I say that?  You said that I “am saying” all these things.  Please tell me where I said that.

It is not all right to falsely ascribe statements to people that have not been said.  And how do you know that I “don’t care” about the environment?  One can be totally against air, water, and soil pollution, and still disagree with the climate change” dogma.

Jack, I did not make any quotation from your post with the exception for "Allegiance" and what is allegiance to God? As far as I understand is to do what God has commanded I agree that 6000 years have gone past since God commanded Adam to "Keep and tend" but I still believe that God has not changed his mind about it. And here we are you are saying that Global warming is not happening. Just like before the flood, no one believed there would be a flood because there was no obvious evidence, yes maybe so but there was one small one a man was building a boat on dry land. do we see today raising sea levels Glaciers melting temperatures raising Corral dying forest fires on an unprecedented scale? As you did say there is no obvious evidence indeed. 

Elijah,

You said, “here you are saying that God will tidy up after you because you do not care about what happens with all the rubbish you pollute our earth with.”

Sounds to me like you were talking about me.  In my previous sentence, whenI said “you”, I meant “you”.  Is that not your practice?  You said, “you” 4 times.  And you said, “you are saying”, which to all English speakers is a reference to something that was said.  So if that is not what you meant, you might need someone else’s help in editing your posts.  

OK, Jack, I did say "You" and I apologize for that. What I meant was not you in person but persons of your Ilk who think everything will be OK just like the preflood people.   

Village idiots? Wow such tolerance from down under #SAD.Well i'm hoping that I triggered you so I'm glad that i'm not going to be silent chico. I live in North America so here is a fact for you. We had a harsh winter here in Georgia this year so the blast came from the arctic so not sure how the polar caps are melting if my country experienced a major snow storms and freezing temps. 

Gabe glad you are able to keep cool. 

Of course that low temperature is caused by global warming, and excess gas in humans is caused by global warming also! The climate change advocates are concerned about cattle flatulence and want to put a smog like device on cattle to reduce CO2 emissions from cattle. Perhaps they will want humans to wear such a device also?

I think those concerned should set the example by inserting such a devise and wear it 24/7 to save the earth. Elijah, this is something you can do now to save the earth. It might take a little adjustment but the earth is worth the discomfort!

Yes, James very funny indeed, did you know you are free to disbelieve just as you do about the Sabbath. 

Funny that you would say this Gabriel, it reminded me of this verse;

For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark.…

Everything will be fine until the day its not. Only Noah had been given the scientific forecast during that time.

17And behold, I will bring floodwaters upon the earth, to destroy every creature under the heavens that has the breath of life. Everything on the earth will perish. 18But I will establish My covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you.

Today it easy to joke but tomorrow it may not be so easy.

'We've never seen this': massive Canadian glaciers shrinking rapidly

Glaciers in the Yukon territory are retreating even faster than expected in a warming climate, scientists warn

Well said Gene. The pope and world leaders are using 'global warming" to bring in Sunday laws (family Day)

It's not often I agree with you Gene but I do here indeed. It seems like some do not want to see the signs of the times. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service