Adventist Online

THE POLITICAL CLIMATE IS NOT ONLY WARMING IN GOVERNMENT BUT ALSO IN THE CHURCH.  SDA MEMBERS ARE DIVIDED WITH ISSUES SUCH AS GAY MEMBERS, WOMEN PASTORS, DRUMS AND ELECTRIC GUITARS FOR WORSHIP.  WILL THE GEN CONFERENCE SACRIFICE ITS BASE BELIEFS AND ROOTS TO ACCOMMODATE THE PROGRESSIVE NEW CULTURE AND TO HARMONIZE WITH THE LEFT LEANING THINKERS?  

IN TEXAS, SOME SDA MEMBERS OF LATINO BACKGROUND HAVE BROKEN OFF INTO WHAT IS QUICKLY GAINING GROUND. THE NEW “IGLESIA ADVENIMIENTO DEL SEPTIMO DIA IS GROWING WITH MOSTLY EX SDA WHO WANT A MORE TRADITIONAL AND CONSERVATIVE WORSHIP.  TRADITIONAL SONGS HYMNS. NO JEWELRY OR MOVIE THEATER ETC.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Views: 2020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

Dan wrote: "The Godhead teaching is in the Bible. I hope you notice that the word simply means "divinity or deity". It has no numerical connotation, ..."

Thank you brother Dan.. I read the link, I'm not trying to use GODHEAD as another name for the trinity. Even though trinity is not used in the Bible or SOP, and we shouldn't use it, however the definition of trinity on the surface is the same as GODHEAD. What is that basic definition? That there are Three persons that is the GODHEAD.

You say GODHEAD has "no numerical connotation", with all due respect, at the moment, I would have disagree with you. Reason why is because EGW wrote in regards to this subject, and it seems clear that what she wrote goes against what you wrote.

EGW : "The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave Themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption. In order fully to carry out this plan, it was decided that Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, should give Himself an offering for sin."CH p.222

EGW : "Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power. It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church." DA p. 671

EGW: "The Comforter that Christ promised to send after He ascended to heaven, is the Spirit in all the fullness of the Godhead, making manifest the power of divine grace to all who receive and believe in Christ as a personal Saviour. There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.—Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, pp. 62, 63. (1905). – Ev p.615

EGW: "The prince of the power of evil can only be held in check by the power of God in the third person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit.—Special Testimonies, Series A, No. 10, p. 37. (1897). Ev p.617

Dan wrote: "The chief suggestion of the trinity [GODHEAD] theory is that God is three persons (or its alternate - that God is one person in three). We do note that at its core is the rejection of Christ as the begotten, divine Son of God. "

Strong words indeed... I'm not concerned with the word trinity, nor is the Bible or the writings of EGW, but The GODHEAD according to the SOP "..are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit -.."

Do you agree with what EGW/SOP wrote?

Blessings!

Thanks for your reply Dan, I have not got any old book that describes the fundamental belief 2 as it deals with the Godhead or as you seem to detest the term Trinity and call it a monster. So maybe for clarity, you can help me to understand how the Fundamental did read in 1910 when EGW was alive, please. I have only been a member of the church for 25 years but was taught that the fundamentals were hammered out by the Pioneers together with EGW, if that is wrong please show me where I have gone wrong. 

Dan following Reasoning's post just above I did a search on Godhead in EGW writings where it says EGW wrote Godhead 402 times.

Just realized that my link does not work try this one and type Godhead in the search bar

BTW the whole 'global warning' thing it just bs, Satan is the one causing all these earthquakes, fires, and cat 5 hurricanes to provide evidence for his little baby 'global warming. Ellen white said that Satan is the best scientists, and he can use men to do his work (see third quote). see the  youtube below for the so called 'evidence' for global warming. all these disasters that are happening are NO evidence for the so called global warming. Satan is using the scientists and fake news to deceive the people. CNN,BBC, nearly all the news network are pushing his agenda.please read the quotes and watch this scientist, a weatherman who started the weather channel.    

The restraining Spirit of God is even now being withdrawn from the world. Hurricanes, storms, tempests, fire and flood, disasters by sea and land, follow each other in quick succession. Science seeks to explain all these. The signs thickening around us, telling of the near approach of the Son of God, are attributed to any other than the true cause.Testimonies for the Church, vol. 6, p. 408

Local disturbances in nature are permitted to take place as symbols of that which may be expected all over the world when the angels loose the four winds of the earth. The forces of nature are under the direction of an Eternal Agency. Science, in her pride, may seek to explainstrange happenings on land and on sea; but science fails of tracing in these things the workings of Providence.—Manuscript Releases, vol. 19, p. 280

Satan works through the elements also to garner his harvest of unprepared souls. He has studied the secrets of the laboratories of nature, and he uses all his power to control the elements as far as God allows. When he was suffered to afflict Job, how quickly flocks and herds, servants, houses, children, were swept away, one trouble succeeding another as in a moment. It is God that shields His creatures and hedges them in from the power of the destroyer. But the Christian world have shown contempt for the law of Jehovah, and the Lord will do just what He has declared that He would--He will withdraw His blessings from the earth and remove His protecting care from those who are rebelling against His law and teaching and forcing others to do the same. Satan has control of all whom God does not especially guard. He will favor and prosper some, in order to further his own designs; and he will bring trouble upon others and lead men to believe that it is God who is afflicting them.  {CH 460.2} 

Jason, I can agree it is Satans work trough greedy men who do not want to acknowledge their creator and think that the resources of the earth are there for them to enrich themselves. Never the less global warming is happening and here in Australia, we see forest fires, coral bleaching, hurricanes, higher than normal temperatures, and environmental refugees who can not live any longer on their corral islands because of raising seawaters.  

Jason,

Satan is not always the cause. The devil made me do it or the devil did it, mentality always gives man a way to escape.  Satan did not cause the flood, human activity did. As you read through Genesis chapter six, this can be seen. So, it says,

5Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great upon the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was altogether evil all the time. 6And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him in His heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—every man and beast and crawling creature and bird of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.”

Today the world population is about 7 billion people. Global pollution and many other factors of human activity is bringing about a corruption that the earth is unable to filter. Here is something Jesus said would take place just before his coming.

There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves.

Jesus also said there will be earthquakes in different places, not because of Satan but because the earth is a living planet; corruption is causing the earth to react in a volatile way.

Reading Psalm 96:10 it says of this when Christ returns.

Say among the nations that the LORD reigns: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

I like the Douay-Rheims Bible rendering it says.

Say ye among the Gentiles, the Lord hath reigned. For he hath corrected the world, which shall not be moved: he will judge the people with justice.

The sun and the moon of course control the tides of the oceans.

A tidal wave is a shallow water wave caused by the gravitational interactions between the Sun, Moon, and Earth.

On the other hand, a tsunami is caused by a seismic disturbance at the bottom of the ocean, such as an earthquake, landslide or volcanic eruption, or sometimes by meteors or asteroids slamming into the Earth.

To say that global warming is BS is to discount what the bible is telling us

on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves.”

Why has the earth become so unstable is this way? Oh yeah, its Satan faults.

Carbon dioxide in Earth's troposphere

2011 carbon dioxide mole fraction in the troposphere this visualization shows global carbon dioxide concentrations (colored squares) in parts per million by volume (ppmv).

A model of the behavior of carbon in the atmosphere from September 1, 2014, to August 31, 2015. The height of the Earth’s atmosphere and topography have been vertically exaggerated and appear approximately 40 times higher than normal to show the complexity of the atmospheric flow.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is an important trace gas in Earth's atmosphere. It is an integral part of the carbon cycle, a biogeochemical cycle in which carbon is exchanged between the Earth's oceans, soil, rocks, and the biosphere. Plants and other photoautotrophs use solar energy to produce carbohydrate from atmospheric carbon dioxide and water by photosynthesis. Almost all other organisms depend on carbohydrate derived from photosynthesis as their primary source of energy and carbon compounds. CO2 absorbs and emits infrared radiation at wavelengths of 4.26 µm (asymmetric stretching vibrational mode) and 14.99 µm (bending vibrational mode) and consequently is a greenhouse gas that plays a vital role in regulating Earth's surface temperature through the greenhouse effect.

Global annual mean CO2 concentration has increased by more than 45% since the start of the Industrial Revolution, from 280 ppm during the 6000 years up to the mid-18th century to 410 ppm as of mid-2018. The increase has been caused by human activities, particularly the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation. This increase of CO2 and other long-lived greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere has produced the current episode of global warming. About 30–40% of the CO2 released by humans into the atmosphere dissolves into oceans, rivers, and lakes, which has produced ocean acidification.

Not sure where you got your sources but um hmmmm Professor Ivar Giaever (A nobel peace prize winner from 1973) trashes your support on climate change or "global warming" 

https://www.heartland.org/multimedia/videos-climate-change/nobel-la...

It's funny how people like you fall for the global warming scam ;) 

Yes, Gabe, it must be different in the USA indeed here in Australia we have plenty of evidence of global warming is happening and here we see forest fires, coral bleaching, hurricanes, higher than normal temperatures, and environmental refugees who can not live any longer on their corral islands because of raising seawaters.  

I wonder if you look at the news at all because not long ago there were some bad forest fires in the USA where Australian firemen came over to help. If I remember correct those fires were the worst there ever was in America. So I guess Atlanta must be a very isolated place with pleasant temps. all the time. 

Wow.  You are certainly a “true believer”, aren’t you?  Could you answer this question?  In the long history of this earth, what is the “ideal temperature”?  Because the temperature has been up higher than this before (the Medieval Warming period, when agriculture happened in Greenland) and cooler before (the Little Ice Age).  And both these events happened because of nothing that man had done.  Since it has always been going up or going down, why do you think some temperature lower than today’s is the ideal?

when God created the Earth, before the flood, it is apparent that we didn’t have the great ice-bound continents that we do now.  Which demands the conclusion that GOD’S ideal temperature was on the warm side.  Do you disagree with Him?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service