Adventist Online

THE POLITICAL CLIMATE IS NOT ONLY WARMING IN GOVERNMENT BUT ALSO IN THE CHURCH.  SDA MEMBERS ARE DIVIDED WITH ISSUES SUCH AS GAY MEMBERS, WOMEN PASTORS, DRUMS AND ELECTRIC GUITARS FOR WORSHIP.  WILL THE GEN CONFERENCE SACRIFICE ITS BASE BELIEFS AND ROOTS TO ACCOMMODATE THE PROGRESSIVE NEW CULTURE AND TO HARMONIZE WITH THE LEFT LEANING THINKERS?  

IN TEXAS, SOME SDA MEMBERS OF LATINO BACKGROUND HAVE BROKEN OFF INTO WHAT IS QUICKLY GAINING GROUND. THE NEW “IGLESIA ADVENIMIENTO DEL SEPTIMO DIA IS GROWING WITH MOSTLY EX SDA WHO WANT A MORE TRADITIONAL AND CONSERVATIVE WORSHIP.  TRADITIONAL SONGS HYMNS. NO JEWELRY OR MOVIE THEATER ETC.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Views: 2089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 

Not complicated 

The only true church remaining cannot leave the bible and follow the world (the commandments of men); any step taken in this direction, to step off the foundations which have been laid, can only lead to utter ruin. Just a small step of compromise will just open the floodgate for all kinds of man-made laws.  God has ordained that men be the spiritual leaders, this has nothing to do with gender inequality or discrimination.  The church is  simple following the bible, this is the way it has has always been... 

sadly true! ppl don't care about unity and some want to be too modern! the classical example of that is in these forums: ppl want discuss what can't be discussed! 

My Pastor came from Pentecostal background and he can recall how Pentecostals deeds are taken respectfully towarss their leaders and so submissive to them but in sda members think they have rights to disagree in everything and.the THUS.says the Lord haven't place cox all want their opinions and.likes to prevail! 

True unity is elusive everywhere. The Pentecostals are just as divided as everyone else (even Roman Catholics). The only thing that will unite them will be the dark design to destroy God's remnant church like Benhadad and the other kings against Israel. I Kings 20.

Does anyone know if the Divisions, Unions and Conferences resisting the San Antonio decision is really a rebellion against Ted Wilson, like half of America still thinking the 2016 election didn’t really happen

True John sadly Ted Wilson is a Jesuit and therefore not the leader we as a church needs I am praying God will remove him from leadership. 

Elijah,
You can’t say a thing like that without documentation. How do I know you’re not a Jesuit?

OK, John, I have no documentation is true. What I do know is that his father had some relationship with the Vatican, and Ted is putting a spanner in the machinery of the SDA movement putting money in shares that could have been used for a better purpose. But if you think he is the best President we ever had that is up to you. 

I believe Ted is a good person. BTW what wrong with shares or investment? I don't believe it is wise to use up all our money. We should save and invest responsibly. Those working in the treasury department should not be like the man who hid the talent . They were employed to make good use of God's resources. 

Thanks for your post, Jason, seems to me you have a different view on how the Church should use the money it has. Tell me something does not the Church have a regular income in Tithes and offerings? I was at a conference meeting where the Finacial officer laid out expectations for incoming funds for a year ahead, and it was clearly coming to work out the ways he said it would. So tell me why does the Church need to hoard money? As I understand it the time comes when the church is short of funds it will not be able to cash out its stock and shares because it is no longer a legal entity, Why? Because it keeps Sabbath and the world say that you must keep Sunday because new laws have been enacted.    

PS You would do well to read the article Dan has posted just below. 

Thanks for Posting Dan Let me add this to the discussion.

Link

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by