Adventist Online

Hello friends,

Please share your thought on this news release that was made yesterday.

Poll: Many Americans pick multiple faiths

NEW YORK (UPI) -- Religious beliefs and practices of Americans do not fit neatly into conventional categories, often mixing elements of diverse traditions, a new poll indicates.

About one-third of respondents to a survey by the Pew Research Center's Forum on Religion & Public Life reports engaging in multiple religious practices.

Three-in-10 Protestants and one-fifth of Catholics attend services outside their own denomination, the poll indicates.

Some told pollsters they blend Christianity with Eastern or New Age beliefs such as reincarnation, astrology and the presence of spiritual energy in physical objects.

Nearly half of the public (49 percent) reported a religious or mystical experience, defined as a "moment of sudden religious insight or awakening."

The Pew Forum survey was conducted Aug. 11-27 among 4,013 adults reached on both landlines and cell phones. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Your brother in Christ,
Doc

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello my Brother
Very interesting News Topic............Could you provide the News Link for this Sighting & Provide the e-mail address Please........

Thanks!
Hi Em,

This was a UPI news release published in most US newspapers on 12/10/09. What you may wish to do is search for a link for Pew Research Center's Forun on Religion and Public Life. What I have posted is all there was in the paper.

Your brother in Christ,
Doc
Thanks! Brother................
Wow, sounds like America is the biggest mission field due to all the confusion out there. Sheep without a shepherd. How Sad. Jesus is coming soon. :-) Thank-you so much for the poll topic and results Brother Doc.
Hi BAM,

I've been telling people for many, many, years that you don't need to cross an ocean or cross a border to find a mission field. There are mission fields right next door to all of us.

Your brother in Christ,
Doc
Is it a sign of the times? I dunno. I don't care. I'm to busy telling people of the Love of God to care.

The only time that matters is the life time that each person has. And that time could end at any second.

Be ready folks. Be ready NOW. And spread God's Love to all around you. For they all need to hear and see it.
I would have to say Doc, I think you are quite right. We don't have to cross the ocean to show someone the love of Jesus. In fact there are many opportunities right here in our churches even. Imagine that! sml. (the good Samaritan story is about church folk I think sml.) How much more we would accomplish if we could help each other along while looking at opportunities for outreach. Each person has a sphere of influence that reaches a number of unchurched. So like a pebble dropped into a pond, many are touched by its ripples working their way on out to the edges and even those along the banks are refreshed.

Seems that the current climate based on the 'stats' shared actually favors witnessing. Folks are obviously searching and willing to go where they are finding answers. Might the fields be white for harvest?............
That's interesting.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by