Adventist Online

One poster here said this 

For the most part the whole SDA from pastors to the top have almost no understanding of the Holy Spirit field, no mentors to lead or teach this area, no desire to manifest the spirit, no miracles I have ever heard of, and no prophesy even for over 100 years. No signs followed as Jesus promised. That is a bad sign, the sign of No confirmation, not because of God, but because of the unbelief.

I just wonder if this is the picture we display to the world? Can a church that expands its membership by a million members a year be a dead church? 

To explain this poster is as far as I can tell a charismatic who believe if you do not speak in tounges you are not a true Christian. 

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES

Read reason what? It is either the one or the other. Or is it you are too much a coward to say what you mean? 

I stated things plainly, which you do not seem to be able to either read it with comprehension, or you can't understand?

I am not a coward. I have almost been killed many times for the Gospel's sake, and many have attempted to harm me. I have been run over by a possessed woman to which I jumped on her hood and rolled off. You think I am afraid of you?

Your mindset is a wonder, that's about as close to "signs, miracles and wonders" that you get?

Thanks for your reply James, yes I am sure you are well able to take care of yourself. You seem to think that miracles and wonders are the only sign of a Christian. You see why SDA are not convicted of these things is that it says in Rev 13 that there will be false miracles, so this is why we are sometimes a  bit sceptical about Braggarts like you claiming to be from God especially as you display so many fruits of the flesh. And as soon I say this you come out blazing that I am Blaspheming God.   

There is more to being a Christian than performing miracles the SDA has a message from God to share with the world. I know you scoff at that but this and this is where the fundamental difference is between us. As you reject the fundamentals of SDA Doctrine. As long as you do this we can newer be travelling in the same direction.      

I THINK WHAT JAMES IS SAYING IS THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO PERFORM MIRACLES OR HAVE OTHER SPIRITUAL MANIFESTATIONS TO BE SAVED OR CHRISTIAN, BUT IF YOU IT SHOWS A DEEPER RELATIONSHIP.  WHEN JESUS SENT OUT HIS 12 AND THE OTHER 70 AS THE STORY IN LUKE GOES, HE SENT THEM OUT TO THE WORLD WITH SPIRITUAL POWERS TO HEAL AND REBUKE DEMONS.  I'M SURE THERE WERE OTHERS WHO DID NOT GET THOSE POWERS AND YET THEY ARE STILL CHILDREN OF GOD.

JUST SAYING, ANYWAY IM NOT A PASTOR OR RABBI, BUT I DID STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN OVER THE NEW YEARS WEEKEND.

Yes ok, thanks for your comment Rick. We do not need to read many of his posts to realize that if you are not performing signs and miracles and especially speaking in tongues you are a retarded Christian who only deserves to be fed to the dogs. 

Never said that.

James do not lie you see the SDA as retarded Christians not worthy licking your boots because we do not manifest your favourite manifestation speaking in tongues. But then again lying is your favourite sport you used it to gain membership here did you not? 

There are still many miracles happening in our churches even today. There are many people in God's church who have reaffirm their relationships and connection with Jesus through prayers and bible studies to whom God has been talking with them through miracles and divine powers. If you don't see it for you, then just doubt your faith in him. I wanna tell you my brother that when you reaffirm your relationship with God, He will do miracles for you...!!!!

And there is a clear cut difference in how we SDAs understand the term miracle as far as its meaning is concern.  

Amen, Missionaries just recently came home and told us in church last Sabbath how angels that looked like men stopped an angry crowd, pushed them aside and saved them from a crowd that wanted to hang them.  Places and details left out because of danger but many things like this happen often to SDA but cannot be told because of the danger to those who are still working in those places.  We were told because we are the ones who pray and support these people.

Amen amen and amen brother Raymond

Thanks for your reply Benjamin This discussion was meant to flush out one person in particular who thinks that you must display "manifestation" of the Holy Spirit in visible ways Like speaking in tongues. He claims that if you can not do that you are not a true Christian. As you may notice in the OP he thinks we as SDA are retarded Christians From the Leadership down because of we do not display speaking in tongues. He fails to understand that God has entrusted the SDA Church with some truths that no other church has, not only does he not understand them when we tell him about them he scoffs at them because he is more comfortable with the Lies that the devil has entrusted the fallen churches.  

I can see in your post that you have a good understanding of what the true manifestations of the Holy Spirit are. And as we know it is not Speaking in tongues in a church where no one has a need for this to be done. Just as you Benjamin I have seen People being healed by the power of Prayer. Just the other day I see one person getting a well-paid job just so the word of God can be spread to a group of people who have no way of ever hearing as their life model does not bring them in contact with the Truths that God has for this generation. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service