Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 5211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats true, most things can lead to sin. This of course includes wearing the "wedding ring". Not only that, but I have yet to see anyone acknowledge the truth in that wearing that can and is a stumbling block to newer christians or to those coming from the world into the church who expect the church to be unspotted by worldly customs

So the question then becomes, who is teaching who? Because by many replies, it does in fact seem that the world is teaching us.  

:( 

Jose:

I will be honest with you:  Most new Christians could care less and don't see it as an issue at all. When a person comes to Jesus, they are focused on Him alone. Unfortunately, it is some of us seem to want it to be an issue, almost as if we can tell ourselves how more holy or spiritual we are. That's a problem.

You have answered well Sarah Sulton. Stay blessed

If we read between the lines, it focusing more on saving us from INORDINATE PRIDE. Lucifer was covered with gems in his unfallen state yet he wasn't able to conquer pride. How much more for humanity? There is nothing wrong with those rings BUT the carnal flesh is prone to being proud specially if that human is wearing something so expensive whatever that something is.

That is a good principal, but it is an individual issue  in application and not a corporate one. Pride may indeed  be a person's spiritual struggle for some (Exodus 20:3) whereas for someone else who does not wear any type of outward adornment they may constantly make their children's and spouse's welfare more important than their relationship with the Lord or service to Him (Exodus 20:3-6).  

People then easily view the person who comes of as "proud" as being like Lucifer, but fail to see the person who are so into "family" that they have little time for just them and Jesus--or for ministry outside of family as as also being like Lucifer.  Both in this illustration have made everything else (self and others, respectively) of more importance, but vilify what is seen as being the reason for the problem--when it may not in fact be.  It may simply be as the Bible implies in Isaiah 14:  simply jealousy of who God is and His authority.  

To me, it boils down to my personal attitude towards Jesus, versus what the world may think about my appearance.  What is more important to me, TO PLEASE JESUS, or to FOLLOW THE WORLD?  I long to please Jesus, I won't wear any jewelry.  I wish to please the world, I wear jewelry.  This in my perception is the bottomline.  WHOSE bride to be am I?  Jesus'  or  Satan's?  There will be a wedding feast in heaven, the wedding of the Lamb, to which I am the bride elect.  Does wearing jewelry enhance my being His bride elect at this point of time?  My choice is, IN ORDER TO PLEASE HIM, I CHOOSE NOT TO WEAR JEWELRY AT ALL.  Maranatha!!!!  

To me, it boils down to my personal attitude towards Jesus, versus what the world may think about my appearance.

I agree 100%!  

Just remember your sentiments works both ways:  There are Christians--even Seventh-day Adventists Christians who share the same Divine conviction as you about one's personal relationship with Jesus Christ being the most important thing and not what anyone else says.  

They may simply have a different conclusion that is different from yours....and still be a Christian "in whom the Lord is well pleased".

Hi Lecher, we meet again. While I agree with your decision to not wear jewelry.  The pertinent point remains that we cannot use our  opinions as biblical grounds for discussion about right or wrong.  God has placed His laws in our hearts and commanded that not one word should be added or taken away from his WORD The Bible.

God has been the guiding force in my life and believe me I have had the literal Job experience.  I wore a wedding ring all through my marriage and believe me now that I am not has in no way changed the relationship I have with Christ.  Neither God Nor Ellen White condemned it.  What she disapproved was the Ministers wives and the cost.  She never said it was a sin, but a personal choice.  Trust me the God I love will not deny me a place in heaven because I wear a ring, Man looks at the outward appearance but Glory to God He is concerned with what is in the heart.  That's why I place my trust totally in Him.  Let's agree to disagree on this one.  Have a blessed day

The straight question is, IS WEARING JEWELRIES LIKE WEDDING RING NECESSARY?

The words I stated above where just a few of what I quoted from the late Pastor Joe Crews and the current Amazing Facts President Pastor Doug Bachelor. You can read the whole matter here

http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stuff/online-library/ctl/viewmedia...

http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stuff/online-library/ctl/viewmedia...

I assure you that everyone who reads these materials will be really enlightened on the matter. They are free to download. I just am tired of looking at every post with only one direct question and then the answers are like a bloody battlefield.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not mad at anyone sharing their opinions here and that is a clear fact. I hope you enjoy those booklets. Those are a few of what we give for free in our campus ministry when I was still in college.

Happy reading! :-)

The straight question is, IS WEARING JEWELRIES LIKE WEDDING RING NECESSARY?

As a Christian Woman in the United States of America in 2011....Yes, it is for most women!  I do respect these men and their respective perspectives on this issue, but they cannot speak for a Woman's experience.

Who said its wrong to wear wedding rings? I hope you find time reading those booklets.

It's obvious that even us SDA's are confused on the matter. What I know clearly as the shining sun is WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE AND NOTHING ELSE, NO HUMAN EFFORT EXCEPT THE ACCEPTANCE OF THIS FREE OFFER CAN SECURE AN INDIVIDUAL SALVATION.

NOW THAT A PERSON KNOWS THAT HE IS SAVE THAT PERSON HAS A DUTY TO REFLECT CHRIST IN HIS LIFE AND THAT CANNOT BE DEBATED.

JEWELRIES, FOOD, SABBATH AND SUNDAY ISSUES AND OTHERS THAT REALLY STIR UP ENDLESS CONVERSATIONS ARE OF NO USE IF THE PERSON DOES NOT HAVE CHRIST IN THEM.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE SAY IT'S OK TO WEAR A WEDDING RING OR NOT, WHETHER YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN OR NOT IT REALLY DOES NOT AFFECT THE FACT THAT ONLY BY GRACE WE ARE SAVED.

AND OUR DUTY FOR BEING A SAVED CHRISTIAN IS TO REFLECT AND LET OTHERS SEE WHAT A CHRISTIAN LIFE HAS TO OFFER!

WOULD YOU LOOSE ANYTHING IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WEAR ANY ORNAMENTS? NO! THE BIBLE TELLS US TO ---------REFRAIN----------- FROM THIS THINGS NOT BECAUSE THIS SO CALLED ORNAMENT ARE LIVING EVIL CREATURES BUT BECAUSE OF THE GREAT TENDENCY TO  AMPLIFY THE PRIDE OF THE ONE WEARING IT.

THE QUESTION AGAIN AND LET US NOT SIDE TRACK IS, IN COUNTRIES WERE CULTURE LIKE WEARING A WEDDING RING WOULD TELL PEOPLE THAT THE PERSON IS MARRIED, WILL IT BE A COUNTRY EXEMPTED OF WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS? IS THE BIBLE BOUNDED BY CULTURE?

NO!

AGAIN.... I AM CONVINCE OF THAT THIS IS TRUE AND THE BIBLE SAYS IT... DO I HAVE TO SHOVE IT AT ANYBODY ELSE TELLING THEM THAT IF YOU DO WEAR WEDDING RINGS YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE DAMNED BECAUSE I QOUTED A FEW SCRIPTURAL PASSAGE?

NO!

SO IS IT NECESSARY? PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK AND ALSO BASED ON THE LIGHT SHARED UNTO ME! BUT I CANNOT CHANGE HOW OTHERS FEEL TOWARDS THEIR WEDDING RINGS AND THE SENTIMENTS IT CARRIES AND I CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO ALL I WAS COMMISSIONED FOR WAS TO SHARE NEVER TO SHOVE.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND READING THOSE BOOKLETS AND BY THE WAY IF YOU THINK THOSE BOOKLETS WERE WRITTEN BASED ONLY ON THE WRITER'S POINT OF VIEW, THINK AGAIN. YOU MAY BE SURPRISED AFTER READING IT.

I do not see the problem.

In North America is a sin. But in Europ, is not. Ellen G. White has said that.

Benicio

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by