Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 4946

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good post 'nuff sed. You are right . There has been 'nuff sed on this issue. And those who are SDAs should just realize that as SDAs .... this issue has been studied and decided and voted upon. The decision has been made. Not sure that rebellion against our beliefs is good for the unity of the church. No. It is only divisive.
if people think one is shacking because of the lack of a wedding ring, that is called "evil surmising." A sin. Which becomes their problem, not of the one who decides not to wear a ring. I never wore a ring during 13 years of my marriage and no asked me if I was "shacking up."

I totally agree with you N Him. i have also supplied responses to this here. some here are saying that we can just always explain if asked if we are married etc. but sometimes people wont approach us but will see us around with husband or wife - but will not know we are married and like you said - will assume that they are just living together or just having going out...or other..... so this is totally not right! 

people dont need to wear ring to show off or appear attractive - wear it as a sign that you are married! this is important!

N Him

Wearing a ring does not symbolize purity and devotion to God and partner.  It simply showed that a person is married.  As far as the wearing of the ring is concerned I felt there was nothing wrong with it until coming to this site.

Based on information coming out of the discussions I felt a need to search for myself because God admonished us to study to show ourselves approve, workmen that needed not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth. I am pursuing a degree at the University of Southern Caribbean formerly know as Caribbean Union College, affiliated with Andrews University.

Ray's contributions disturbed me so much that I asked God for clarity.  I was directed to the campus where I asked specific questions on the origin of the ring.  The more I listened and mind you He is not a minister, the more I realized how the enemy had infiltrated the church to the point where we do things without any knowledge of origin.  

The ring symbolized perfection to the witches in pagan worship, and was in fact initiated out of respect to the sun God.  At the end of the day the choice is ours but, do we really want our union in marriage to be marred by even a hint of paganism.  I wore a ring for 15 1/2 years but I had no knowledge of its significance then.  God does not judge us on what we do not know but when knowledge comes to us we a held accountable for our actions.

Please I beseech you all to not listen to us but to research the significance and origin of the ring for yourselves and then seek God personally for guidance as to what course of action you must take.  After listening to my lecturer and being presented with the facts I had to concede that I wanted in no form or fashion to be linked to anything that did not glorify my Father in Heaven. I may remarry some day but will not wear a ring because I know that what God joins together is bounded in heaven.  Remember in ignorance God winks at us but admonished that when knowledge comes.???? 

N Him will not respond, just saying 

Brother Dominion....you stated "It is a symbol of purity and devotion to God and partner"

Please point out to me "with the Word of God" where it says that.
You could ask the same question about many of the symbols that our church has. But the answer would be the same. NO. There does not have to be a thus sayeth the Lord on every symbol we have. The Bible does not say that we should have Pathfinders either. But we do. Wedding rings are a symbol because we made it a symbol. That is the bottom line. If you don't like wearing a ring ... you are free to being misunderstood. But that is the risk you take. To each his own.

I TOTALLY AGREE DOMINION!

AND WEARING A WEDDING RING - IS NOT A SIN! NO ONE HERE IN AUSTRALIA - HAS SAID THIS TO ME OR IN CHURCH....

BUT I DO MAKE UP MY OWN MIND. NOT FOLLOW MAJORITY. IT JUST HAPPENS I DO AGREE WITH THIS. ITS WHAT I BELIEVE IN MYSELF

Yes! I agree with that statement that ring for marriage is allowable for a cultural cause. However, if its not necessary and needed for identification, why need to spent lots of money for it.......

Cultures varry; so we need to respect also.
The ring is needed here in our country to the ladies because some men do not have any respect for the ladies here whether they are married or not,so went our husbands give is the ring we wear is proudly to say that we are taken and to keep off
ok Elvie, I agree but always consider God's principle first before culture.Muslims culture they can marry as long as they can afford but when they will be converted into Adventism they must follow bible principle before they culture
here in our Country One way you can identify Adventist they never wear any jewelries even wedding ring.So do I. When one is asking thats my time of witnessing.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service