Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 4725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a shame that a fellow brother in Christ and a Seventh day Adventist apparently ... would behave like this.
No one is saying one will lose their salvation by wearing a wedding ring. However, I think it could lead to additional jewelry or outward display. Its clear that both the Bible and Ellen White do not promote the wearing of rings.To me, it certainly is a moral issue.

1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Travis, I make distinctions here. No one should condemn anyone or accuse them because they wear any amount of jewelry. Some wear very expensive wedding sets, that the worth of such would do much to spread the gospel, fight hunger, relieve oppression. Then there is also prideful display of expensive wedding sets, as opposed to a simple cheap, fake gold band. There can be huge differences. God is the judge, its up to us to learn His messages to us and not try to apply worldly, cultural interpretations.

In addition, those who accuse others on this thread just for expressing their beliefs and presenting evidence will come to nothing. (not you!) The spirit of Satan is at work on this site, causing others to stumble, which is the purpose all such accusations are designed for.
We have been warned not to put words in the mouth of Jesus. Yet some go about doing so. We need to take the word of God as written. The Present Truth is truth. We don't want to mix it with error.
BE HONEST WITH THE TEXT that's all I'm saying.

Yes. I agree 100%.

It seems to be very lacking here at times.
Hello friend! Your opinions and faith in Christ is much valued by me. However, it pains me to say that because of criticisms and personal attacks that seem to be on the increase on this site, I will not be responding in any manner to such posts except to repeat this message. This also means I will not return in kind what may be directed at me. May we all continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ who has also lovingly given us this compelling message through His servant, the prophet Ellen G. White:

“There is no hope for the success of any religious organization where criticism is cherished as a fine art, and called spiritual discernment. Men might far better be blind to others' faults than to be inspired by that keen, detective spirit that will watch for defects in those whom the Lord loves, and through whom He works. We all need to humble ourselves, not to have an exalted idea of self”. . . . {UL 28.2}
Reply by Michael Corbel 4 hours ago
Qiute right N Him. Well, I am almost done with Stephen on this topic now. He has his anti-ring agenda that he will push no matter what the cost, and he has quite plainly shown he will interpret Bible verses the way he wishes, twist and contort the meaning of the verses, rip them out of context and misinterpret them in his attempts to bolster his bias. And now, with this stupid statement he keeps posting, he has a handy new way of repeatedly claiming he is being 'attacked' when no such thing is happening, thus bolstering his martyr complex to new heights.
Thanks Stephen. (And I never thought I would say that.)

To add brother Stephen, Ellen White didn't wear any wedding ring anyway.

NO, Wedding ring is worn for a purpose, it shows that one is married.
Amen Sister.
Amen N Him.
Amen N Him.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link: