Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 5189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The ring is not for God. It is for the stranger on the street to see so that it can be proclaimed that you belong to someone else. It really is a proclaimation. A sign ... so to speak. And some will say that it is how you act rather than a sign. While your actions are important ... they are not enough for most in this world unfortunately. To not wear a ring is known as dishonesty in many cultures. Now that is a witness that we don't want to display.
... Unless you're straightforward. That should be more than enough for anyone. People treat a ring as a joke too these days. It does not at all prevent another person from whatever they may think or say.

As for cultures, I put that second place IF that to principles I've found in the Bible. Some will wear it, some will not.. I've already stressed much of my points I think lol.
How do you sit straightforward in a bus seat?
God's model is simple:

No jewelry, No wedding ring. Amen.
Where do you get such wild ideas Joseph?

PS. (With all due respect)
Clear as a crystal no compromising.
Jewelry and Wedding rings are an abomination to the Lord.
Bold Statements there brother Joseph. But with no backing.
What's the importance of a wedding ring, and yet we see sky rocketing adultery and divorce! No need, sometimes I have this strong feeling it's because we have brought demons into the church by coping the world, that's the reason whey the line of demarcation between the church and the world is razor thin.

Satan has a right to claim all kinds of jewelry and wedding rings. God's people should put these things away.
He has plenty of backing in the SOP and Bible, it is your position that has no backing my friend.

Mark
It is pretty simple to see that we will be wearing jewelry in Heaven. I rest my case.
I am sure that God will not be handing out sovereign rings and hoop earings in heaven.

So I would not be so sure that you should be resting your case.

A crown symbolising your acceptance into the family of God, is not justification for a diamonte bracelet with "rock and roll in the church is cool" on your wrist on Sabbath...
Which one has the most 'rocks' ?

I rest my case.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com