Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 4913

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Define 'plain' and 'ignore' please.
As in easy to see. Then not pay attention to it, or thinking one is building a collection of verses to somehow make something seem to their convenience.
nice comment Jose. thanx

Denny

There is a word which applies to everything that goes against the will of God .SIN  Does not make the wearing of the ring right or choosing to wear clothes that brings dishonor to God's church.  

Majorie My friend

You are absolutely correct, we are placing honor on an object that has become so common in society, the ring has lost the very significance that it once held because people are unfaithful everyday even with that said ring on their finger.  When my husband was alive and I wore a ring, the men were just as attracted to me then as they are now that I no longer wear one.

I have a twelve year old son and I am not concerned about who believes I had him out of wedlock.  I am Mrs. Maynard and I know that and so does God, the rest of the population's interpretation of my bare finger is immaterial to me, I have not worn my wedding ring in ten years, yet I have demanded and earned my respect based on my attitude and demeanor as a Christian.

The arguments are beginning to sound more like excuses and trying to justify something that has no relevance to us as God's children.  When times of trouble comes, will we be able to function after fleeing into the mountains and discovering that our precious wedding rings were left behind.

IF I AM SHOWING DISRESPECT FOR MARRIAGE BY NOT WEARING A WEDDING RING THEN MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US. That is blasphemy to God who instituted marriage, sanctified and blessed it.  ALL WITHOUT THE USE OF A WEDDING RING. DID GOD MAKE A MISTAKE DURING CREATION?

Denny is not on here anymore and will not reply....=)

its cultural
Amen. And individual.
: /
Not sure what that means Jose ... but I will assume it is another Amen.
It means I'm not so sure about using culture as an excuse to practice or keep some traditions the Bible does less than encourage.

I think this too, may be one of those threads people are just never gonna stop giving their 2 cents in. Its at 23 pages and counting. I don't know if I will keep contributing though. Recently I have come across many non SDAs in other social networks that have questioned a lot about us. How can I do that w/o sticking to the Bible. I come here, and sometimes you can say, find a let down.. Sometimes feels like defending SDAs against SDAs.

: /
I find that it is discouraging and sad to come here and find Legalist lurking. But then .... I think that God can save us despite ourselves and our limited knowledge. So .... all of you folks out there are cool. Praise God for each person here. We ALL have room to grow.
The fact of the matter is this people will find something to argue about because they like arguing. We are not suppose to argue over the word of God, It actually speaks for itself. I was told by Jose that he was going to look into the story of Job and get back with me. Evidentually he looked and saw the truth about everyone giving him a ring of gold. The crown that God is going to give us when we make it to heaven will be filled with the jewels for each person that you brought to Christ and the Bible lets us know that there will be no starless or jeweless crowns. Is that jewelry or is it just a peice of metal that is on your head for no apparent reason. Dosen't it show that you belong to the Most High? Whats wrong with showing that you belong to some one else to keep people at bay? I think that they are confused and going off of what some one else said. Doug batchelor said that a christmas tree was ok for you to put in your home when the Bible said that it was and idol set up by man I guess you will agree with him as well.
Look just be on God"s side and you will never go wrong. Stop arguing and move foward with your life because when it come down to it, a wedding ring will not keep you out of heaven.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service