Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 5015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is easy for people to believe in traditions. And the tradition of our church is that somehow wearing a rock is evil. But those that can expand their minds beyond traditions ... they will discover the Bible basis of wearing rocks.
4 Him at the end of the day people are gonna do what they want to do and then use the bible and EGW to justify their actions that is just human nature. I personally do not wear jewellery that is my personal conviction my wife on the other hand wears jewellery in what she regards to be moderation. Now no honest SDA can argue against wearing jewellery from the bible. All of the key scripture if taken in their literal sense will restrict not only jewellery but other pieces of clothing. But what we as SDA have done is to look at the list giving by Isa and Peter and picked out certain pieces and ignore others. And never in the bible does it said you can only wear jewellery if it is to show others that you are married. So do we only stopped at the wedding ring or do we as according to Isa 3 not use mirrors, carry handbags, wear perfume, or coats, or shawls or robes?
Yes. It does start to become like the Jews. You know ... you could wear a rock on any day except the Sabbath because then the rock becomes a burden.

We don't need to list of rules like the Jews had. If it was important ... it should be in the Bible.
I don't quite understand how someone can basically say that Ellen White's writings are pointless and legalistic...

and then quote them back to the rest of us 10 minutes later as light and truth.
"There are times when common things must be stated, common thoughts must occupy the mind, common letters must be written and information given that has passed from one to another of the workers. Such words, such information, are not given under the special inspiration of the Spirit of God." -- Manuscript 107, 1909. (Published in Selected Messages, book 1, p. 39.) 3SM 58
So... anything Ellen White said that wasn't explicitly stated in the Bible is uninspired? Or just what we don't like? It's pretty easy to simply dismiss something you don't want to agree with as "uninspired".
Ellen White indicated that her words to be judged by scripture. Scripture is our guide.
So wedding rings are okay because the Bible doesn't say not to wear them? Couldn't we basically dismiss all specific counsel from Ellen White on the grounds of "Scripture is our guide"?
hello Gabriel, I do believe that the bible alone should be the basis of our faith. But next to the bible I enjoy reading the writing of Ellen G White not because I idolize her. But Its the second best book I have read next To Bible. Anyway each of us has its own point of view, I respect that. For me, First the bible then reading the books of E.G. White inspire me a lot and it helps me more to understand the bible,
Yes. How true.
Gabriel I agree with you. I think the EXCESSIVE use of EGW is what confuses others into thinking we "worship" her. The Bible should be our ONLY guide, yes use EGW for research, for your OWN understanding but to give a quotations of some sort, she should not be used in my opinion.
Excellent comments both of you ...

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by