Adventist Online

Is it not an ornament ? how about a 3000- 5000 U$ worth a wedding ring. Do we still glorify God with this?

Views: 4961

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The wedding ring is actually of pagan origin that crept into the church a long time ago. Isn't still jewelry?
Is there something wrong with jewelry? I plan to wear jewels for eternity.
If you are a pagan ... it is jewelry. If you are a Christian ... it is a sign for marriage approved by God.
The pagan origin argument. Wearing a tie is pagan in origin so should men stop doing that.
Not that I do or do not believe you, but where can you point us into that ties are pagan? So that there is no doubt in my mind, u know? It is clear jewelry is, and you may be right, but had never heard the tie one. I'd like to see the source of where you draw this from.
I spent 10 minutes and $10 on mine.
Ummm, my opinion...for now is all depend on where you stay and live. My parent doesnt have wedding ring because in Indonesia especially as Adventist its not a complusion to wear it.
But, i think we have to go/back to what Bible Said... is not necessary to have/buy jewelries (wedding ring) with 3000-5000U$.
I think that in some countries .... a ring is required in order to get married ... by LAW.

Correct me if I am wrong.
I never heard any country like that. The best requirements are the couple, and the license or acknowledged person to do the ceremony
We are told not to seek outward adornment.

To glorify "SELF".

We are to let Jesus be our ornamentation.

Because we have to get out of the way, so that He can be seen.

Then people will be drawn to Him through us.

Mark
Gen. 41:42 "And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck".
but pharaoh is not married to joseph. The ring there is a symbol of authority given to joseph.as well as the gold chain. Thanks for the idea.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service