Adventist Online

Do the writings and theology of Jack Sequeria truly represent correct Bible doctrine, or is it something else again?

Here is one quote from Jack Sequerias book, “Beyond Belief.”

“The gospel of faith plus works, or justification plus sanctification, is at the heart of Roman Catholicism theology. It is a subtle form of legalism.” (p. 25)

That’s funny; this is not what the Bible teaches.

James 2:20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

He assigns two Bible doctrines to Roman Catholicism in one fell swoop.
He also denies the necessary lifelong work of sanctification, which is separate from justification.

By faith in Christ, and obedience to the law of God, we may be sanctified, and thus obtain a fitness for the society of holy angels and the white-robed redeemed ones in the kingdom of glory.
{RH, April 26, 1881 par.

Views: 1484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

False Doctrines Draw Some Away

Science, so-called, and religion will be placed in opposition to each other because finite men do not comprehend the power and greatness of God. These words of Holy Writ were presented to me, "Of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things,
to draw away disciples after them" [Acts 20:30]. This will surely be seen among the people of God.--Ev 593 (1890). {LDE 176.3}

Hmmnnn, Jack Sequeria does have disciples,
The enemy will bring in false theories, such as the doctrine that there is no sanctuary. This is one of the points on which there will be a departing from the faith.--Ev 224 (1905). {LDE 177.3}

Where is Sequeria's teaching on the sanctuary doctrine? He says the atonement was finished at the cross. Just like Desmond Ford! the SOP is right on the money as usual.
Wonderful indeed Mary. Thanks for sharing this. His teachings are truly of God and the teachings of our church. Those in the offshoots are opposed to his confirmation of scripture and the SOP ... but those who are loyal will recognize this as from God.
The underlying fear I see in all the opposition is a fear of license to sin.

Hello? We better shun the idea of a license to sin, because there is NO license to sin.
You do not see any fear in the opposition, only a love for the truth. You are confused, sorry.

"if I had time and energy I could refute every one by Sequeira's own words"

Thats funny, you have plenty of time to say you don't have time to refute every one, and time to post other things............Hmmmnnnn......

Interpreatation: "I have no clue how to refute the opposition"

I asked you to refute (or prove) one really short item, this:

2. Universal/Particular. “In Christ,” all humanity was redeemed — legally justified and reconciled to God [see Romans 5:18; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; 1 Timothy 4:10; Titus 2:11; 1 John 2:2]. “Christ in you” applies only to believers who have by faith experienced the new birth [see John 3:16; Romans 8:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:17-20; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 6:14-16; 1 Timothy 4:10].

(Here he says “all humanity was redeemed and justified and reconciled” he “forgot” to say we need to accept it first! This is Universal Justification, just like the 1888 group teaches. Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ)

All humanity is redeemed and justified! Are you kidding? Show me where it says this in the Bible and or EGW. I refuted him with one verse.

We are judged by our works, we are judged bt the ten commandments. In Which Sequeria denies.

No. We need comparative philosophies, I do that with written material, not so much audio.

Anyone can post a bunch of titles and say how wonderful! It is a well known fact that Sueqeria's sanctuary teachings are similar to Desmond Ford's. I prefer not to have theological nightmares.
No, Sequeria and Ford are not the same,. but in general, similar.

My suggestion is to study the Bible and EGW with the SDA commentary as well.

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

So if we obey the real gospel, we shall have the Holy Spirit and will know truth from error. Many are in error because they simply are unconverted. I'm not saying you are not converted, but making a general statement.Some just have not acquired the knowledge necessary to know truth, and know it well.

Pro 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shines more and more to the perfect day.

This also means we overcome sin by the process of sanctification as we progress in the Christian life.

The other thing, how much are we studying? If we do not know the Bible intimately and make it our highest duty and love, then it is very easy to fall for error.
mary, why don't you explain Sequeria's Universal Justification error? None of these Sequeria disciples have yet to even attempt it.

2. Universal/Particular. “In Christ,” all humanity was redeemed — legally justified and reconciled to God [see Romans 5:18; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; 1 Timothy 4:10; Titus 2:11; 1 John 2:2]. “Christ in you” applies only to believers who have by faith experienced the new birth [see John 3:16; Romans 8:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:17-20; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 6:14-16; 1 Timothy 4:10]

( jack Sequeria, Beyond Belief)

Please tell me how ALL humanity was redeemed and justified? This is saying ALL humanity is saved.He goes on to say unless we willfully resist, all are saved.
I know that Sequeria does not teach all will be saved, but you still ignore his Universal Justification very serious error.

Your teaching on acceptance and free will is good, however Sequeria does not teach that.

2. Universal/Particular. “In Christ,” all humanity was redeemed — legally justified and reconciled to God [see Romans 5:18; 2 Corinthians 5:18-19; 1 Timothy 4:10; Titus 2:11; 1 John 2:2]. “Christ in you” applies only to believers who have by faith experienced the new birth [see John 3:16; Romans 8:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:17-20; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 6:14-16; 1 Timothy 4:10].

You are ignoring this glaring error, why? Can you not see this is unbiblical?

The atonement was NOT finished at the cross. That is another error. His sacrifice was, but the atonement continues in the Most Holy now.

What happens if we sin now? What should we do? Ignore it and say that we are already forgiven because we accepted Christ? No.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess now, He is in the Most Holy making atonement for our sins.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
When Jesus makes this announcement and leaved the Most Holy, probation and the atonement are over. There is no more forgiveness for sin.

Oh, let us live wholly for the Lord and show by a well-ordered life and godly conversation that we have been with Jesus and are His meek and lowly followers. We must work while the day lasts, for when the dark night of trouble and anguish comes, it will be too late to work for God. Jesus is in His holy temple and will now accept our sacrifices, our prayers, and our confessions of faults and sins and will pardon all the transgressions of Israel, that they may be blotted out before He leaves the sanctuary. When Jesus leaves the sanctuary, then they who are holy and righteous will be holy and righteous still; for all their sins will then be blotted out, and they will be sealed with the seal of the living God. But those that are unjust and filthy will be unjust and filthy still; for then there will be no Priest in the sanctuary to offer their sacrifices, their confessions, and their prayers before the Father's throne. Therefore what is done to rescue souls from the coming storm of wrath must be done before Jesus leaves the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary.

-
{EW 48.1}

hen the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain," "the refreshing from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts His hands and with a loud voice says, "It is done;" and all the angelic host lay off their crowns as He makes the solemn announcement: "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22:11. Every case has been decided for life or death. Christ has made the atonement for His people and
blotted out their sins. The number of His subjects is made up; "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven," is about to be given to the heirs of salvation, and Jesus is to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. {GC 613.2}
When He leaves the sanctuary, darkness covers the inhabitants of the earth. In that fearful time the righteous must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor. The restraint which has been upon the wicked is removed, and Satan has entire control of the finally impenitent. God's long-suffering has ended. The world has rejected His mercy, despised His love, and trampled upon His law. The wicked have passed the boundary of their probation; the Spirit of God, persistently resisted, has been at last withdrawn. Unsheltered by divine grace, they have no protection from the wicked one. Satan will then plunge the inhabitants of the earth into one great, final trouble. As the angels of God cease to hold in check the fierce winds of human passion, all the elements of strife will be let loose. The whole world will be involved in ruin more terrible than that which came upon Jerusalem of old. {GC 614.1}
It does not matter what else he teaches, it is part of the deception, Most false teachers say something false an then turn around and say the same thing that is true. I have asked you time and time again to respond to this error and you do not.

2 Peter 1:3-8].
Yes. I have noticed you doing this.
Billiter ... can you really imagine anyone holding a meaningful conversation with you the way you treat people? Why would anyone even attempt?
What texts? Romans 5:18 that Sequeria twists? My God is too small?

Why did I have to find your texts? No text shows ALL humanity was redeemed.
5:18 appears to say that but it does not!

Mat 7:13 Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

"Few that find it." not all the world.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by