Adventist Online

Many are confused over the nature of Christ, Some do not understand the mystery of redemption, That the Son of God, who is equal with the Father became a man and died for us. The verses in the NT that speak of His submission to the Father, "The only True God" are carried way beyond their true meaning. A humble submission to God will reveal the truth.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1Co 2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me. Isaiah 27:5. {CTr 213.1}

Imagine, if you can, yourself in Christ’s stead in the wilderness. There is no human voice you hear, but you are surrounded with demons under deceptive pretensions as angels from heaven, presenting in the most seducing attractions Satan’s wily insinuations against God, as he did to our first parents. His sophistry is most deceiving and artful in undermining your confidence in God and destroying your faith and your trust. He keeps your mind on a constant strain so that he can get one clue that he can use to his own advantage to allure you into a controversy, as if reading your thoughts to which you will not give utterance, just as he did Eve. {CTr 213.2}
He could not obtain from Christ one word to lead him on. The word, “It is written,” was spoken from point to point as he tested Him. But only the quotation of His own words that He had inspired the holy men of old to write would come from Christ’s lips. . . In our Lord’s great scene of conflict in the wilderness, apparently under the power of Satan and his angels, was He capable, in His human nature, of yielding to these temptations? . . . {CTr 213.3}
As God He could not be tempted, but as a man He could be tempted, and that strongly, and could yield to the temptations. His human nature must pass through the same test and trial Adam and Eve passed through. His human nature was created; it did not even possess the angelic powers. It was human, identical with our own. He was passing over the ground where Adam fell. He was now where, if He endured the test and trial in behalf of the fallen race, He would redeem Adam’s disgraceful failure and fall, in our own humanity. {CTr 213.4}
A human body and a human mind were His. He was bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh. . . . He was subject to disappointment and trial in His own home, among His own brethren. He was not surrounded, as in the heavenly courts, with pure and lovely characters. He was compassed with difficulties. He came into our world to maintain a pure, sinless character, and to refute Satan’s lie that it was not possible for human beings to keep the law of God. . . . {CTr 213.5}
Through being partakers of the divine nature we may stand pure and holy and undefiled. The Godhead was not made human, and the human was not deified by the blending together of the two natures. Christ did not possess the same sinful, corrupt, fallen disloyalty we possess, for then He could not be a perfect offering.—Manuscript 94, 1893 (Manuscript Releases, vol. 6, pp. 110-112). {CTr 213.6}

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you by the grace same to you,

I would like to share something that made me think Sister White says in the Spalding and Magan Collection, page 174

‘But don’t you quote Sister White. I don’t want you ever to quote Sister White.... until you get your vantage ground where you know where you are. Quote the Bible. Talk the Bible.’
"You have been warned. He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear".

Manou, you need to explain what I am being warned about
Good Point Manou.
This minister was disregarding the Bible and using EGW out of context, just like those who downplay the divinity of Christ and lift up His humanity, staying out of balance,

Lay Sister White right to one side: lay her to one side. Don't you never quote my words again as long as you live, until you can obey the Bible. When you take the Bible and make that your food, and your meat, and your drink, and make that the elements of your character, when you can do that you will know better how to receive some counsel from God. But here is the Word, the precious Word, exalted before you today. And don't you give a rap any more what "Sister White said"-- "Sister White said this," and "Sister White said that," and "Sister White said the other thing." But say, "Thus saith the Lord God of Israel," and then you do just what the Lord God of Israel does, and what he says. {SpM 167.2}

Scripture and Spirit of Prophecy Have Same Author.--The Holy Ghost is the author of the Scriptures and of the Spirit of Prophecy. These are not to be twisted and turned to mean what man may want them to mean, to carry out man's ideas and sentiments, to carry forward man's schemes at all hazards.--Letter 92, 1900. {3SM 30.3}
Quoting EGW out of context has become a plague of the conservatives.
I didn't know you were a conservative? I'm just an Adventist.
" If we come to the Word of God with a teachable, humble spirit, the rubbish of error will be swept away, and gems of truth, long hidden from our eyes, will be discovered." {1SM 359.2}
Maybe it would be good to add 1Cor 10 here ..referring to the God of the old testiment ... showing he is the same Lord that appeared in the cloud and so on ...
10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. Can look at Nehamiah 9: The same deity that was in the cloud was the very same being that was in hte flesh .... veiling the omnipotent one for both our safty tha twe may behold him ...and our salvatoin .... our identty to him .... created in hs image .... in the image of God Created he them ...
There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers --the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit--those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.-- Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, pp. 62, 63. (1905) -Evangelism 615.1

Those who proclaim the third angel's message must put on the whole armor of God, that they may stand boldly at their post, in the face of detraction and falsehood, fighting the good fight of faith, resisting the enemy with the word, "It is written." Keep yourselves where the three great powers of heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, can be your efficiency. These powers work with the one who gives himself unreservedly to God. The strength of heaven is at the command of God's believing ones. The man who takes God as his trust is barricaded by an impregnable wall.--The Southern Watchman, Feb. 23, 1904, p. 122.

Our sanctification is the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is the fulfillment of the covenant that God has made with those who bind themselves up with Him, to stand with Him, with His Son, and with His Spirit in holy fellowship. Have you been born again? Have you become a new being in Christ Jesus? Then co-operate with the three great powers of heaven who are working in your behalf. Doing this you will reveal to the world the principles of righteousness. -Signs of the Times, June 19, 1901 par. 4
"Here is where the work of the Holy Ghost comes in, after your baptism. You are baptized in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. You are raised up out of the water to live henceforth in newness of life--to live a new life. You are born unto God, and you stand under the sanction and the power of the three holiest beings in heaven, who are able to keep you from falling. You are to reveal that you are dead to sin; your life is hid with Christ in God. Hidden "with Christ in God,"--wonderful transformation. This is a most precious promise. When I feel oppressed, and hardly know how to relate myself toward the work that God has given me to do, I just call upon the three great Worthies, and say; You know I cannot do this work in my own strength." Manuscript Release, vol 7, p 267-268 ("Lesson from Romans 15," Manuscript 95, October 20, 1906, sermon preached by E.G. White at the Congregational Church, which was being temporarily used by the Oakland SDA Church, 18th and Market Streets, Oakland, California, on Sabbath afternoon).

"When God's people search the Scriptures with a desire to know what is truth, Jesus is present in the person of His representative, the Holy Spirit, reviving the hearts of the humble and contrite ones." (John 15:23, 10-11 quoted.)--Ms. 158, 1898. {12MR - Manuscript Releases Volume Twelve p145.2}
You are born unto God, and you stand under the sanction and the power of the three holiest beings in heaven, who are able to keep you from falling. You are to reveal that you are dead to sin; your life is hid with Christ in God. Hidden "with Christ in God,"--wonderful transformation. This is a most precious promise. When I feel oppressed, and hardly know how to relate myself toward the work that God has given me to do, I just call upon the three great Worthies, and say; You know I cannot do this work in my own strength." Manuscript Release, vol 7, p 267-268 ("Lesson from Romans 15," Manuscript 95, October 20, 1906, sermon preached by E.G. White at the Congregational Church, which was being temporarily used by the Oakland SDA Church, 18th and Market Streets, Oakland, California, on Sabbath afternoon).

"Let it be known that Mrs. White never took pen to paper and wrote “three holiest beings”. She is not the author of these words. We shall examine closely now what the record reveals and let all men be informed of the facts of the matter.

This statement is actually a report of a sermon that Mrs. White preached on Sabbath afternoon October 20, 1906 in Oakland, California. The statement is also reproduced in the book Sermons and Talks, Book 1. In the forward of the book we are told:

ALL THE MESSAGES REPRODUCED IN THIS VOLUME WERE DELIVERED IN PUBLIC AND STENOGRAPHICALLY REPORTED, OR WERE PREPARED WITH THAT PURPOSE IN VIEW. MANY OF ELLEN WHITE'S SERMONS MAY BE FOUND IN THE REVIEW AND HERALD AND SIGNS OF THE TIMES, BUT NEARLY ALL OF THOSE INCLUDED IN THIS SERIES HAVE BEEN DRAWN FROM PREVIOUSLY UNPUBLISHED MANUSCRIPTS, AS THEY APPEAR IN OUR FILES. SO, ALTHOUGH THERE WERE NO TAPE RECORDERS IN ELLEN WHITE'S DAY, A PERSON MAY GET THE TRUE "FEEL" OF ELLEN WHITE AS A SPEAKER BY READING THIS BOOK. (p. i)

This is a very honest admission from the White Estate telling us that Mrs. White did not pen those words; rather they were a report of what she said. It is very obvious that a major blunder was made in reporting this sermon. Mrs. White herself warned us of this by saying:

“And now to all who have a desire for truth I would say: Do not give credence to unauthenticated reports as to what Sister White has done or said or written. If you desire to know what the Lord has revealed through her, read her published works.” {5T 696.1}

She told us to read her published works. This is very important to keep in mind. Why does she highly recommend her published works rather than reports of what she may or may have not said? It is very simple, she knew everything that was published because she read all the manuscripts prior to publication:

I read over all that is copied, to see that everything is as it should be. I read all the book manuscript before it is sent to the printer.” {3SM 90.6}

In other words, Ellen White could not check anything that was published after she died. Therefore she instructed us that we are to read her published works since she reviewed these works herself. It is interesting that this statement of “three holiest beings” only saw the light of day very recently. The date of release is noted by the White Estate as follows: “Released March 16, 1976.” {7MR 273.}

It was impossible for Ellen White to check and review this report of her sermon. She had been dead for a long time!

Now let us demonstrate why the reporter of the sermon made a mistake in claiming that Mrs. White said
“three holiest beings”. All we have to do is examine her published writings as she has told us to do. How many divine beings are there according to Ellen White’s published writings?

“Christ the Word, the Only Begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father,--one in nature, in character, and in purpose,--the only being in all the universe that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God.” {EGW, GC 493. 1888}

That plainly tells us that there is no other being besides Christ who enters into the counsels of God. No other being in all the universe! That makes two beings only. The Holy Spirit cannot be a being, for that would mean it cannot enter into all the counsels of God. And the Bible made it clear long ago:

Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.” Zechariah 6:13" --Reply to the Trinity Debate, Restitution Ministry
I wonder what she would think of all the many compliations written today.

“The only being who was one with God lived the law in humanity, descended to the lowly life of a common laborer, and toiled at the carpenter's bench with his earthly parent.” {EGW, ST, October 14, 1897 par. 3}

The Father and the Son alone are to be exalted.” {YI, July 7, 1898 par. 2}

This statement alone should be enough to abolish the trinity doctrine. How could she say such if she held to a trinitarian belief. Where is 'God the Holy Spirit' (unbiblical term). If the Father and the Son alone are to exalted what do we do with "God the Holy Spirit." Surely I say correctly that the servant of the Lord was not a believer in doctrine of the trinity which is advocated by the mother of all harlots, neither in any of its varied and countless forms.
I wouldn't take one statement and make a doctrine out of it. Other times, Ellen White doesn't discriminate between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

"What was the strength of those who in the past have suffered persecution for Christ's sake? It was union with God, union with the Holy Spirit, union with Christ." {AA 85.1}

I think the Bible is pretty clear that the Holy Spirit is a person. And if the Holy Spirit is not God, then he is no more than an angel.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service