Adventist Online

putting forth an idea for your consideration

MATT 8

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

LUKE 7

7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

of course given the sins of Rome and  Roman Soldiers being transplanted thru out the Empire (psst.. ISRAEL) to make sure of stability and whatnot... :P

A Gay Centurion
Comes Out To Jesus

For many centuries before Matthew and Luke wrote their Gospels, the Greek word pais was commonly used to refer to the younger partner in a same sex relationship. The younger partner was often an adult male but was sometimes a teenager.

The use of pais in this social and historical context leads some to believe that the story of the Roman centurion and his pais in Matthew 8 and Luke 7 tells the real story of the day Jesus met and blessed a gay man. Although this understanding of the text is controversial, it is important for us to discuss and understand it in our conversation about the Bible and homosexuality.

As we begin our study of this true story about a gay Centurion, from Matthew 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10, it is important to remember that we are two thousand years removed from these events. For that reason, traditionalists cannot prove their contention, that the centurion and his pais-servant, were not same sex lovers. It is equally impossible to prove to everyone’s satisfaction, that this was a gay centurion and his pais-beloved-gay lover.

Jesus meets
a gay centurion

If we cannot prove, to everyone’s satisfaction, that this story is about a gay centurion, why bother discussing this controversy?

The short answer is that scripture is important and what we believe, based on scripture, is important. For centuries, the organized church has insisted gay people are never presented in the Bible in a positive light.

Many Christians refuse to believe that God would include a positive story about a gay Centurion in the Bible. In recent centuries, many openly gay Christians have been excluded from the spiritual life of the church.

Our goal is to examine the available evidence. If the evidence and a faithful, believing approach to scripture supports the understanding that this story is about a gay centurion and his pais-same sex lover, that dramatic fact should be public knowledge.

there was paganism/temple rites and pediophilia and sexual slavery in the empire also in honour of their own gods and whims

SOME CAME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE AND SAD JUST LIKE WITH THE HETEROSEXUAL COUNTERPARTS MANY DID NOT

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE WHEREVER YOU GO

:)

Jesus never asked what lifestyle they live before HE healed them

Who ever so ever came to HIM was healed

period!

MAN WHAT A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone else think of a better way to share to a broken LGBTQIAA

to open the heart to this wonderful GOD for ultimate healing?

ouside of John 3:16 and Jer 31:3 Zeph 3:17  Rom 5:8 and Rom 8:1.. well i can go on and on :)

Views: 1254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aren't you the one who wanted to get back to the Garden of Eden?  Well, as the cliché goes, it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

It is true that God did not create homosexuality but God also did not create lying, and twisting the truth, an activity which you actively engage in on this forum Heisenberg. So while you despise the gays you accept lying and murdering as ok. You despise one sin but embrace the other.

You must have a very different Bible than the rest of us.

http://queenjamesbible.com/

Unfortunately people will see whatever they want in scripture....there is no suggestion the centurion or his servant were gay in scripture...it is just someones desire to have them gay so they interpret it that way. I would like to question why you seem to be obsessed with putting out so many gay topics to have homosexuality always shoved in our faces. We all know what the Bible has to say about homosexuality..people will either choose to stop being actively gay for God or they won't. Perhaps we should all get obsessed with other sins which the Bible calls abominations. Ever since I came to AO you have posted topics about gays...gay gay gay gay....why do we have to have it shoved in front of us all the time as if we should be like the world and just accept everyone in their gay relationships and talk about their happy lives and kids as if it is all normal and just like everyone else. There is no doubt that God loves gay people....there is no doubt that God heals who He wants to....but there is no doubt that the Bible speaks about being actively gay..and there is a big difference between that and someone just being gay but not out there having sex and getting kids and wanting to be married etc as if their deliberate sin can be accepted by God. Personally, I am, after all this time on AO..beginning to feel these constant posts about gay relationships and the church should love them etc etc etc is like you are trying to brainwash us into not differentiate between the person who is gay and not going out and doing the act and the one who is gay and goes out and does it and tries to make a family.. 

I really REALLY like your comment!!

Unfortunately people will see whatever they want in scripture....there is no suggestion the centurion or his servant were gay in scripture...it is just someones desire to have them gay so they interpret it that way. I would like to question why you seem to be obsessed with putting out so many gay topics to have homosexuality always shoved in our faces. We all know what the Bible has to say about homosexuality..people will either choose to stop being actively gay for God or they won't. Perhaps we should all get obsessed with other sins which the Bible calls abominations. Ever since I came to AO you have posted topics about gays...gay gay gay gay....why do we have to have it shoved in front of us all the time as if we should be like the world and just accept everyone in their gay relationships and talk about their happy lives and kids as if it is all normal and just like everyone else. There is no doubt that God loves gay people....there is no doubt that God heals who He wants to....but there is no doubt that the Bible speaks about being actively gay..and there is a big difference between that and someone just being gay but not out there having sex and getting kids and wanting to be married etc as if their deliberate sin can be accepted by God. Personally, I am, after all this time on AO..beginning to feel these constant posts about gay relationships and the church should love them etc etc etc is like you are trying to brainwash us into not differentiate between the person who is gay and not going out and doing the act and the one who is gay and goes out and does it and tries to make a family.. 

hello Freedom In Him

GBU

nice to meet you here and love the name and love you are wearing it

i understand my intentions are not understood

(esp by people who dont know me)

i share my testimony all over here how GOD saved me

u can look up my threads

God is good

the only thing i can say is when i talk about gays and God's love for them

is because its a topic close to my heart
and God has revealed to me that there is no difference between gays and straights in His Eyes

we all need HIM

He died for us all

and when i display a gay thread

its me being vulnerable and sharing a part of me with an online Body of Christ
i believe  one of the signs of the Holy Spirit is being poured out to His Church is when HIS Children who are called by His NAME  will flower here when Christians come across a Gay thread
and have nothing but heart feel of unsurpassed worth towards them
Matt 5:

44 But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you and persecute you,

45 that ye may be the children of your FATHER who is in Heaven. For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

...  u can apply any category of people :)

pointing out sins outside of connection/relationship is not what GOD wants from us

He wants u to love and love on

and in relationship you can direct them better :D

i wish i was a wordsmith to convey better my intentions here

( some may find it heavy handed-its ok)

i grew up gay since i was a child and at about the same time i discovered i was gay i discovered GOD

i learned very quickly that GOD hated me

and its been a very long long (decades)struggle to figure outside of the pulpit and fellowship people and whisperings and denunciations and outright discuss from the media and legislation that GOD does indeed love me

personal whispers to me in scriptures and a still quiet small voice!

and it gave me LIFE

and i want all the gays to know that!

He doesn't condem them! (John 3:17)

we all come to share JESUS here and what HE has done for us

don't we?

..... i hope

GBU Freedom In Him

Well stated - AT Freedom in him.

If all the topics about gays on this forum are to show what Jesus can and has and will do for them...just like He can has and will do for any other kind of sinner...then where are all the stories showing how Jesus got them out of being actively gay? Where are the stories of how He stopped many gays from being tempted to actively pursue the sin? Where are all the stories that actually encourage gays who are actively having same sex to stop for God?

The topics of late have been about how to justify open homosexual sex.

Now that's blasphemy, how low some are willing to descend to support their evil deeds is mind-blowing ?

Really jumping the shark with this theory, although I have heard it before.
Freedom, that's exactly how I feel about the whole agenda. I think that it IS an agenda. Breaking down people's ability to discern.
And Heisenberg, I feel the same about the disgusting thought process that must accompany such a desire to force sin deeper into the heart than God Himself has yet been. Effectively replacing God's way with filthy humanistic ways.

Rather than wear Homosexual as a badge of honor why not mirror Christ. 

What if I went skipping around with a T shirt that said was drunken Womanizer.  Would that honor Christ.  I want to be known for who I am now because of Christ not what I was. 

I am ashamed that the more liberal element  promotes gay to rockstar status while ignoring the pain and sin of others who need help. 

For instance there is the woman at the well,  There are some many today like her, who have hit the wall.  Ignored for the social craze of "I know some one who is gay".   My response is "a sinner like me". 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service