Adventist Online

putting forth an idea for your consideration

MATT 8

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

LUKE 7

7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

of course given the sins of Rome and  Roman Soldiers being transplanted thru out the Empire (psst.. ISRAEL) to make sure of stability and whatnot... :P

A Gay Centurion
Comes Out To Jesus

For many centuries before Matthew and Luke wrote their Gospels, the Greek word pais was commonly used to refer to the younger partner in a same sex relationship. The younger partner was often an adult male but was sometimes a teenager.

The use of pais in this social and historical context leads some to believe that the story of the Roman centurion and his pais in Matthew 8 and Luke 7 tells the real story of the day Jesus met and blessed a gay man. Although this understanding of the text is controversial, it is important for us to discuss and understand it in our conversation about the Bible and homosexuality.

As we begin our study of this true story about a gay Centurion, from Matthew 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10, it is important to remember that we are two thousand years removed from these events. For that reason, traditionalists cannot prove their contention, that the centurion and his pais-servant, were not same sex lovers. It is equally impossible to prove to everyone’s satisfaction, that this was a gay centurion and his pais-beloved-gay lover.

Jesus meets
a gay centurion

If we cannot prove, to everyone’s satisfaction, that this story is about a gay centurion, why bother discussing this controversy?

The short answer is that scripture is important and what we believe, based on scripture, is important. For centuries, the organized church has insisted gay people are never presented in the Bible in a positive light.

Many Christians refuse to believe that God would include a positive story about a gay Centurion in the Bible. In recent centuries, many openly gay Christians have been excluded from the spiritual life of the church.

Our goal is to examine the available evidence. If the evidence and a faithful, believing approach to scripture supports the understanding that this story is about a gay centurion and his pais-same sex lover, that dramatic fact should be public knowledge.

there was paganism/temple rites and pediophilia and sexual slavery in the empire also in honour of their own gods and whims

SOME CAME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE AND SAD JUST LIKE WITH THE HETEROSEXUAL COUNTERPARTS MANY DID NOT

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE WHEREVER YOU GO

:)

Jesus never asked what lifestyle they live before HE healed them

Who ever so ever came to HIM was healed

period!

MAN WHAT A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone else think of a better way to share to a broken LGBTQIAA

to open the heart to this wonderful GOD for ultimate healing?

ouside of John 3:16 and Jer 31:3 Zeph 3:17  Rom 5:8 and Rom 8:1.. well i can go on and on :)

Views: 1256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dear Timber its been ages since ive seen you here!
GBU!
i limit my time a few hours once or twice a week more or less myself
sometimes i come and read and dont comment just like so many here
this is a great place to share your testimony for your tribe though
hope to see u more

apparently u read the OP

and see its not saying there were gay but the possibility cause of the wording used

and the ROMAN (hello) world

what jazzed me was that God is that kind of GOD

according to EGW whole towns were healed

no strings attached

no prejudice

no biasis

no category of sin or sinners given stopped HIM!

wow

praise be to GOD!

and others who are offended even with the slightest possibility that HE would stoop so high?

God help em

and GBU Jason M.
its not about or straight or gay- its about people

People of unsurpassable worth according to God's estimation demonstrated on the Cross
and...
how u feel or how i feel about anyone straight or gay or any individual  doesn't amount to LIFE
[ let HIS MIND be in u ]
soooo...

you dont have to make a beeline every time you see a GAY THREAD
no one is twisting your arm

if going to be offended why go there?

everytime u post on a gay thread it bumps it up to the top!
i learned that awhile back :P
Blessings

#the breakdown of christian forum chat

Hello MFG, I don't come here that much because some people here are very mean to you and not much nicer to me and others either and it's hard to watch. The thought that Jesus would stoop low and heal a homosexuals lover gives me great hope. Even though I am not gay, I am what Paul says the chief of sinners. I think it seems the grace of God is an offense to some.

Thank you MFG for putting this thread up, God has been so good to me also!

#apparently a prerequisite to be healed by Jesus is to be straight...lol

Lets put some perspective on this.  What about a group that is hated by both conservative and liberal adventists?

What if they were just soldiers.  American soldiers because that is what American soldiers are, soldiers of the new Roman army.  Just dumb bumpkins to stupid to go to college so they join the military, or at least that is what I am told.  Not gay just brothers in arms.  Maybe the Centurian and his soldier had been in many battles together, imagine that soldiers fight together that love each other.  So strange I thought they only thought about killing babies and were incapable of love our honor.  Instead, we have to make them gay in order to redeem  any quality in them.   A gay soldier is much better than a mean ol' regular soldier. 

MATT 8

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion ( lets insert US Army Colonel), beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

LUKE 7

Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion (US Army Colonel) sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

We hate ignorant US Military soldiers being transplanted thru out the modern world to make sure of stability and whatnot... :P

A US Army comander

Comes To Jesus because he loves his combat buddy

Throughout history men who have taken up arms to defend rightly or wrongly have formed a bond with each other through blood and sweat that few can understand.  David describes this love for his combat buddy Johnathan as deeper than a love for a woman.  David pour out the water that his men fought, and killed to bring him for the bond of love that they had.  Were they gay? 

Jesus meets 
a Soldier who loves a fellow soldier.

If we can prove, to everyone’s satisfaction, that this story is about centurion.  A man who had power and a weapon and used it in combat just like American soldiers today who are scum to the SDA bretheren unless of course they are gay.

The short answer is that scripture is important and what we believe, based on scripture, is important. For Decades SDA people have ignored and stuck their noses up at veterans. 

Many SDA refuse to believe that God would include a positive story about a Soldier in the Bible so they make him gay. In recent times, many soldiers and veterans have been excluded from the spiritual life of the church.

Our goal is to examine the available evidence. If the evidence and a faithful, believing approach to scripture supports the understanding that this story is about a combat veteran centurion and his combat buddy that dramatic fact should be public knowledge.

there was paganism/temple rites and pediophilia and sexual slavery in the empire also in honour of their own gods and whims

Jesus never asked what lifestyle they live before HE healed them

Who ever so ever came to HIM was healed

period!

MAN WHAT A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to throw law enforcement and the military together.  They have always been the pariah of the church.  Based on paranoia and some odd since of civil disobedience, ironically, not supported by scripture.  I was shocked several years ago when the Adventist Book Center at a Camp Meeting had every branch of the military Bible represented with scriptures in the back for encouragement.  Then they had the "Policemen's Bible" which was the same thing.  But, then again that was Texas.  Texas tend to be more conservative.  I found that liberal states with liberal parishioner's tend to bright the soldier/law enforcement hate.  Which, ironically, is neither supported by Ellen White nor Scripture.  It is cultural self-invention by the Church.

The irony, is practicing homosexuality is against both, yet there is a clamor among the same liberals to embrace it as natural and acceptable activity "by any means necessary" in a Malcom X style.

"You forgot to throw law enforcement and the military together.  They have always been the pariah of the church.  Based on paranoia and some odd since of civil disobedience, ironically, not supported by scripture.  I was shocked several years ago when the Adventist Book Center at a Camp Meeting had every branch of the military Bible represented with scriptures in the back for encouragement.  Then they had the "Policemen's Bible" which was the same thing.  But, then again that was Texas."

Agreed.  

Where is SDA outreach to hurting Police and Veterans.   I am happy that Christ found me and that I did not meet up with some liberal Adventist who would have insulted me.  Talk about Bias.  

In times when Jews hated their occupants and were still stoning unfaithful wives and follow the instructions of Moses e.g. in Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall beupon them.

you really think and imagine, that a "gay" centurion might have such a good reputation among a village of Jews and their elders, that they recommend him to Jesus with such words:

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this: For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

????

For me it sounds more like Raymond Rennek stated, that the centurion and his servants were brothers in arms, like David and Johnathan, saving each others life and making it together through the hell of war.

Some veterans carry such heavy burdens and the Bible story is a comfort that God even loves them the Veteran who has evil visions of death and carnage burned into his head, that God would love him and somebody makes this into God loves the gay bath house version.  Sad. 

Agreed.  When you see enough death and destruction and lose people you knew, it changes you.  My wife thought I was cold.  I said death is death.  It happens. Death really only affects the living.  Maybe I am cold to death these days.  I don't know.  I am glad my children aren't.  They are curious country kids and attempted a vivisection on a live frog.  I told them, they had hurt the frog, and if you are curious about it's enteral parts you need to kill it humanely.  When they realized they had tortured a living thing and had to put it death as a result, it broke their hearts.  I hope they remain that way.

You are so right.  We should see things through God's eyes.  They're those who really suffer in silence and then those who are pushing an agenda.  

Raymond Rennek

i appreciate what u shared about soldiers here

JESUS healed everyone that came to him

no matter what others did to try to stop

Mark 10

46 And they came to Jericho. And as He went out of Jericho with His disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the wayside begging.

47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me!”

48 And many charged him that he should hold his peace; but he cried out all the more, “Thou Son of David, have mercy on me!”

49 And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they called the blind man, saying unto him, “Be of good comfort; rise; He calleth thee.”

50 And he, casting away his garment, rose and came to Jesus.

51 And Jesus answered and said unto him, “What wilt thou that I should do unto thee?” The blind man said unto Him, “Lord, that I might receive my sight.”

52 And Jesus said unto him, “Go thy way. Thy faith hath made thee whole.” And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

no matter what the church thinks or says or wherever u been or doing or a part of

military operations or war crimes or a gay lifestyle

the church may say otherwise

but we all must go to JESUS

HE wants all flesh!

praise GOD

Some veterans carry such heavy burdens and the Bible story is a comfort that God even loves them the Veteran who has evil visions of death and carnage burned into his head, that God would love him and somebody makes this into God loves the gay bath house version.  Sad

GBU!

amen The bible story is such comfort

to veterens and all humans!

and i dont know if u know this or not but i must say it

(no dont say it)

yes i must!

if the world was one giant gay bath house

JESUS would still come and die for us!

dear Timber its been ages since ive seen you here!
GBU!
i limit my time a few hours once or twice a week more or less myself
sometimes i come and read and dont comment just like so many here
this is a great place to share your testimony for your tribe though
hope to see u more

apparently u read the OP

and see its not saying there were gay but the possibility cause of the wording used

and the ROMAN (hello) world

what jazzed me was that God is that kind of GOD

according to EGW whole towns were healed

no strings attached

no prejudice

no biasis

no category of sin or sinners given stopped HIM!

wow

praise be to GOD!

and others who are offended even with the slightest possibility that HE would stoop so high?

God help em

and GBU Jason M.
its not about or straight or gay- its about people

People of unsurpassable worth according to God's estimation demonstrated on the Cross
and...
how u feel or how i feel about anyone straight or gay or any individual  doesn't amount to LIFE
[ let HIS MIND be in u ]
soooo...

you dont have to make a beeline every time you see a GAY THREAD
no one is twisting your arm

if going to be offended why go there?

everytime u post on a gay thread it bumps it up to the top!
i learned that awhile back :P
Blessings

#the breakdown of christian forum chat

Hello MFG, I don't come here that much because some people here are very mean to you and not much nicer to me and others either and it's hard to watch. The thought that Jesus would stoop low and heal a homosexuals lover gives me great hope. Even though I am not gay, I am what Paul says the chief of sinners. I think it seems the grace of God is an offense to some.

Thank you MFG for putting this thread up, God has been so good to me also!

#apparently a prerequisite to be healed by Jesus is to be straight...lol

have you ever found yourself in the BIBLE!

face to face with GOD?

pretty powerful

life changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link: