Adventist Online

putting forth an idea for your consideration

MATT 8

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

LUKE 7

7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

of course given the sins of Rome and  Roman Soldiers being transplanted thru out the Empire (psst.. ISRAEL) to make sure of stability and whatnot... :P

A Gay Centurion
Comes Out To Jesus

For many centuries before Matthew and Luke wrote their Gospels, the Greek word pais was commonly used to refer to the younger partner in a same sex relationship. The younger partner was often an adult male but was sometimes a teenager.

The use of pais in this social and historical context leads some to believe that the story of the Roman centurion and his pais in Matthew 8 and Luke 7 tells the real story of the day Jesus met and blessed a gay man. Although this understanding of the text is controversial, it is important for us to discuss and understand it in our conversation about the Bible and homosexuality.

As we begin our study of this true story about a gay Centurion, from Matthew 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10, it is important to remember that we are two thousand years removed from these events. For that reason, traditionalists cannot prove their contention, that the centurion and his pais-servant, were not same sex lovers. It is equally impossible to prove to everyone’s satisfaction, that this was a gay centurion and his pais-beloved-gay lover.

Jesus meets
a gay centurion

If we cannot prove, to everyone’s satisfaction, that this story is about a gay centurion, why bother discussing this controversy?

The short answer is that scripture is important and what we believe, based on scripture, is important. For centuries, the organized church has insisted gay people are never presented in the Bible in a positive light.

Many Christians refuse to believe that God would include a positive story about a gay Centurion in the Bible. In recent centuries, many openly gay Christians have been excluded from the spiritual life of the church.

Our goal is to examine the available evidence. If the evidence and a faithful, believing approach to scripture supports the understanding that this story is about a gay centurion and his pais-same sex lover, that dramatic fact should be public knowledge.

there was paganism/temple rites and pediophilia and sexual slavery in the empire also in honour of their own gods and whims

SOME CAME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE AND SAD JUST LIKE WITH THE HETEROSEXUAL COUNTERPARTS MANY DID NOT

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE WHEREVER YOU GO

:)

Jesus never asked what lifestyle they live before HE healed them

Who ever so ever came to HIM was healed

period!

MAN WHAT A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone else think of a better way to share to a broken LGBTQIAA

to open the heart to this wonderful GOD for ultimate healing?

ouside of John 3:16 and Jer 31:3 Zeph 3:17  Rom 5:8 and Rom 8:1.. well i can go on and on :)

Views: 1256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By your understanding, God the father is gay and Jesus is his underage partner. Herod also killed all the underage gay partners when he was seeking to kill Jesus. See Mat 2:16 and 12:18. While I would never try to say that God will not forgive gays, or that he does not want them to come to him, at the same time I am really tired of the gay agenda trying to force homosexual slants into the bible!

By your understanding, God the father is gay and Jesus is his underage partner. Herod also killed all the underage gay partners when he was seeking to kill Jesus. See Mat 2:16 and 12:18. While I would never try to say that God will not forgive gays, or that he does not want them to come to him, at the same time I am really tired of the gay agenda trying to force homosexual slants into the bible! -

.........................................................................................................

GBU Ezra Moore

its been ages

i hope u r well

While I would never try to say that God will not forgive gays, or that he does not want them to come to him, at the same time I am really tired of the gay agenda trying to force homosexual slants into the bible! -

God's Agenda is to let the homosexuals know that HE loves them and its all over the Holy scriptures

and ..

its my understanding

and the HOLY BIBLE will back me up

That JESUS has never turned anyone away

i hope u have found this to be true in your life

:)

# its true in my life

im not worthy

Raymond Rennek on September 6, 2014 at 5:00am

Some veterans carry such heavy burdens and the Bible story is a comfort that God even loves them the Veteran who has evil visions of death and carnage burned into his head, that God would love him and somebody makes this into God loves the gay bath house version.  Sad

GBU!

amen The bible story is such comfort

to veterens and all humans!

and i dont know if u know this or not but i must say it

(no dont say it)

yes i must!

if the world was one giant gay bath house

JESUS would still come and die for us!

#what wondrous love is this

#o my soul

#o my soul

When the world was one big gay bath house ( gay using former and present connotations) God sent first Noah, then. after much patience, the flood.

Then after that came the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Ironically, that is where the term sodomy comes from.

All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me, and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.  John 6:37

Amen brother outback ,i agree 100% . but before we we go to him ,we must be willing to turn  from our SINS. The rich man came to him & when he found out what he had to do to be saved ...WHAT CHOICE DID HE MAKE?........  GOD BLESS.........

"Some seem to feel that they must be on probation, and must prove to the Lord that they are reformed, before they can claim His blessing. But they may claim the blessing of God even now. They must have His grace, the Spirit of Christ, to help their infirmities, or they cannot resist evil. Jesus loves to have us come to Him just as we are, sinful, helpless, dependent. We may come with all our weakness, our folly, our sinfulness, and fall at His feet in penitence. It is His glory to encircle us in the arms of His love and to bind up our wounds, to cleanse us from all impurity." SC 52.2

Can you elaborate more? 

Romans 6:15-23, "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[b] Christ Jesus our Lord."

my  apologies brother/sister perhaps you miss interpret my point ...the key word was  (WILLING).. once we are WILLING .....HE IS ABLE :).

GOD BLESS. 

Teddy, the Bible and EG White state that Jesus accepts us as we are. There is no pre-condition before we are accepted by Christ. Also there is no record of Jesus setting any character requiremets before He is willing to heal anybody. He heals and accepts p

eople as they are and then only afterward he says go and sin no more. P

eople as they are, in their state of sinfulness can go to Christ and they will find healing. The Bible does not make any requirement of willingness to turn from sin before healing is received. Only after Jesus heals does He bid " Go and sin no more". That means after He accepts the sinner just as they are and heals them He invites them to enter His pardoning grace and accept His invitation to sin no more.

Not that I approve of the Gay life style myself. It seems to me a bit over the top to say that the centurion was a gay but I do not know enough about that to argue that point. The one thing I noticed is that after Jesus had healed anyone He usually said "GO AND SIN NO MORE". To me if we can read in a gay relationship in to this we should also be able to see that "SIN" is not something that Jesus approved of ever.

Especially when folks ignore what scripture actually says, to insert perversities and accuse Jesus of endorsing sin that aren't there.  It is saying, God is a liar, and Jesus was a sinner.  Who would make such a thesis?  The same spirit that came to our ancestors in the Garden of Eden.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service