Adventist Online

Judgment is appropriate when confronting sin. It's in the Bible, I Corinthians 5:12, TLB. "It isn't our job to judge outsiders. But it certainly is our job to judge and deal strongly with those who are members of the church, and who are sinning in these ways."

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, let us get rid of those who are sinners indeed. We have no place for them do we, Right. 

Mat 18:17  And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. 

Elijah..please stop with the sarcasm, nastiness etc. I have done nothing to you besides try to get you to help stop the insults and meanness. I offered a couple of suggestions. You hit back by trying to turn on me and say things that offended me..things you assumed i was wanting etc. I took those as lies and I unfriended you because I cannot deal with this kind of mess. Now it seems when I post biblical texts, you say untrue things as a reply. I even stopped trying to reply for awhile, thinking you might think about the texts...not just you, but anyone and everyone in here. You KNOW that you can use self control and not reply with sarcasm etc etc. You KNOW that you can reply to someone without nastiness etc. We have to try to do our best to do what GOD asks of us. We either love Him MORE and want to be more like HIM and we ask for his help and strength and then try our best..or we CHOOSE to speak back like you have done and still are doing. I have gone to you in private and TRIED to do what the Bible says. It did not work..you started to turn on me when there was no other agitation elsewhere. Please, if you cannot reply better..like the Christian you say you are trying to be....then people will not engage with you....I have come to you like a sister in Christ...and it has not worked. We ALL know better than to  strife stir etc. 

I came back here to learn more...to discuss more about the Bible etc....I did not come here to try to be some kind of useless moderator who has to ask people...GROWN people to try to be nicer. I expect strife stirring and arguments and insults and excuses in Facebook..but not from SDA's. 

I don't want to ask people to be nicer...I have enough problems and heartache and worry in my own life, without having to confront such behaviour in here...supposedly an informative, safe place for brothers and sisters in Christ to discuss or to encourage one another..or to try and show those of us who are not SDA's Bible truths etc. 

Just because we might not like someone elses beliefs or how they hold themselves etc..we should not hate them...we should pity them when they refuse to look at the truths we share....or refuse correction etc.....we should still show love...or walk away and ignore them if we cannot. Come on now Elijah.....you can do it......

Dear Freedom the site that this once was does not exist anymore sadly. With no moderator, undesirables can run amock to their heart's content. Loving the unlovable is not an easy thing for me let me assure you. Some seem to think that they can do whatever they want, and have no respect for any of the rules that were once governing this place. So I decided to give back as well as he did, trying to dislodge him from here, but it does not seem to work as he has skin thicker than a Rhino. On Facebook at least you can block such a person and you will not see anything he posts and no mention of him in other posts either, with the exception for an occasional mention of him in others posters remarks.    

I understand that. But we are to use self control for ourselves..we are SDA's....we can still just refuse to reply..or we can reply by saying the same things that we need to, just in a nicer way. Yes, it is hard...it is exceedingly hard for me as well, BUT...it is also practice......so that maybe I won't be as mean to someone out in the street...Some like to push our buttons..but what's the point of pushing back? That only makes us commit another sin..we hurt ourselves...and sometimes we forget that God is watching and keeping track of what we say and do. We will be overcomers if we practice.

Dear Freedom I am beginning to see the error of proceeding the way that I thought was the way to go. It's not only you but others also that has asked me to moderate my posts. So it looks like this particular obnoxious entity will have the run of this place as no one is able to check him. We will hear about the merits of Glossolalia, and other questionable Exploits, somehow he believe that SDA who do not venture into these practices are spiritual midgets. He even put up a post about how to speak in Tongues.     

Elijah......you can post what the Bible says...so that others will not be fooled by false teachings...and refute his teachings etc..but not in the way you were. Why would you want to deliberately sin to try to get someone to look at the truth. Either someone will or they will not. In which case..just keep refuting with the Bible..or not reply to them and warn others about false teachings in here..in a nice manner. I am sure you can use decent words from the Bible to answer someone..remember the term "IT IS WRITTEN"? You cannot belittle, hammer or badger someone into looking at correction. 

Yes, good admonition Freedom thank you I will try by the grace of God. 

"God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7.

The Lord do not sees and judge as men.

John said; "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge rightous judment." John 7:24

We can judge, but rightous judment.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by