Adventist Online

People stop calling your children "KIDS" : In school we are taught that "kids" are baby goat!! Is you child a baby goat? 
How can you "RAISE" a child, when "RAISING IS ONLY FOR ANIMALS" 
When you say you "Raise" your "Kids", you are really saying You Raise a baby Goat; which in other words means you are raising an animal. Is that really so?

Please practice saying, I TRAIN MY CHILD/ CHILDREN

Views: 729

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

May I have your attention PLEASE!!!

First of all, I must say that I have MISJUDGED you all. For this I am SINCERELY sorry. 

I fully believed that your minds were to God-ward. In that you would speak His language. But, I see that I was mistaken.

What is God’s mind, and what is His language?

Let us examine the mind of God; for He said the following:

1. Love not the world; neither the things of the world (1 Joh 2:15)
  2. Be not conformed to this world (Rom 12:2)
  3. No man can serve two masters… You cannot serve God and mammon (Luk 16:13).

Like Peter, your speech (language) has betrayed you (Mat 26:73). You speak the language of the world; which is contrary to God’s word that says  “Be not conformed to this world” (Rom 12:2). Yet, you have embraced the vocabulary of the world; which speaks of “raising kids”.  Therefore, of you it is written:  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, ...  (1 Joh 4:5); meaning the world’s vocabulary.

Having embraced the modality of the world to raise kids; then you must also embrace the world’s mandate “not to beat kids”. However, God’s language says:

1. Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.  (Pro 23:13-14).
  2. He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.  (Pro 13:24)
  3. Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.  (Pro 19:18)

God, Himself, is in the business of correcting, or chastising. Here is the evidence:

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.  (Heb 12:6)

Here is the dictionary’s definition of raising as a nurturing modality:

to grow or cause to grow: to raise a crop

to bring up; rear: to raise a family

Please note, these are at numbers 13 & 14 in the definition chain.

To rear means:

1. to take care of and support up to maturity: to rear a child.

2. to breed and raise (livestock).

However, if you can provide scriptural evidence(s), which affirm that God instructed parents to “raise kids”; then I stand corrected. As far as I know, the language of God speaks of training children (Pro 22:6) and teaching children (Deu 4:10;  6:7; 11:19; Psa 78:4, 6).

Finally, for those of you engage in raising the world’s kids, whom you cannot beat; God has said this of you:

… if ye be WITHOUT chastisement, … then are ye BASTARDS, and NOT sons.  (Heb 12:8)

If I were of the world, and speak the language of the world; you would love me. But, because I am not of the world, and speak not the language of the world; I am ridiculed and chastised by you (Joh 15:19).

I now leave you with the peace from the Father of lights (Jam 1:17), and hope that those who have eyes to see will see, and those who have ears, will hear (Mar 8:18; Mat 13:13). 

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 

Thanks Judy for making it clear. may God bless you abundantly.

"

Here is the dictionary’s definition of raising as a nurturing modality:

to grow or cause to grow: to raise a crop

to bring up; rear: to raise a family

Please note, these are at numbers 13 & 14 in the definition chain.

To rear means:

1. to take care of and support up to maturity: to rear a child.

2. to breed and raise (livestock)."

Rear also means butt. :)

That is as a noun. The use mentioned was as a verb.

Why not a gerund?

We are to be "ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."  (2Co 3:6)

Judy, you quote some proverbs by the letter but you do not seem to grasp their spirit. 

1. Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.  (Pro 23:13-14).

The same chapter also reads in verse 26: "My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways."

1. He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.  (Pro 13:24)
  2. Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.  (Pro 19:18)

You picked these verses because they contain the word "chastise". Finding the letter, have you missed the spirit? They both refer to the benefit of early teaching over using the rod or having a big cry-baby in the end.

We know that " the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction (...) the other Scriptures." (2Pe 3:16) Judy, you are in great danger of doing this by advocating a one sided, narrow view that keeps children in fear of punishment and prevents teaching them the responsibility of the freedom that the Lord gives. You can chose to raise your children up in love or force them into submission by fear. It makes me sad if you would use the scriptures of the perfectly loving God to perpetuate fear and submission.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Hello Marko L,

I can see that you twist the Scriptures, misunderstanding them and leading others in the wrong path. The phrase "let not thy soul spare for his crying" (Pro 19:18) does not refer to "having a big cry-baby in the end" but to have a child who tries to control his parents by crying, so he can get his way. Many children resort to crying when the parent is going to discipline them as a way to escape the discipline.

Those verses are in the Bible not to keep "children in fear of punishment" but as a last resort in teaching them in the discipline and ways of the Lord. I grew up in a very difficult place. My neighbors in my age group were joining gangs, smoking, drinking, been promiscuous, using drugs, stealing and been violent. They were also coming home late and skipping school. Their parents just limited themselves to counseling their children about their bad behavior. My parents, in the other hand, used a balance of counseling, hugs, kisses and the rod with my brother and myself. Today, most of my neighbors are dead, some others in prison and others have wasted their lives. I thank God for the rod that so many times brought me to my senses and kept me in the straight path. Real conscious parents will use a mix of approaches to lovingly guide their children in the ways of the Lord. The rod was prescribed by Him, so you have no right to contradict what He knows is best replacing it with human wisdom.

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.  (Pro 13:2

i grew up thinking using a rod on your

kids

offspring

anklebiters

spawn

children

quiver full of arrows

young shoots

mini me's

mouths to feed

wards of the Most High GOD 

...meant to beat your child with it

but !!!  God has shown me its a Shepard's rod that guilds/directs...

in the WAY HE/SHE SHOULD GO!

GOD BLESS YOU

we should be friendsies for evermore

BTW  i dont call my son a kid

he is grown man now

i call him MY MAN

I call the neighbor children that are now adults my kids.  Yes, maybe it is slang for children.  But they are also my little flock, just like little goats.  They may be in their 20s now but my 13 year old is more mature most days.  Plus we are the only exposure they have to Christians.  They frustrate me and I love them.  One steals from me but I love her and take her back into my home so she can learn God's forgiveness.  Kids-goats, both need guidance and love and care.

As to spare the rod, maybe a pop when they were young, a spanking or two that were deserved and a few that were done in anger.  By five, they can be lead with a rod of words.  Yes, maybe I failed because my older two are straying.  But I don't think it is because I called them kids.  And I pray that God reaches them.

I have used both " kids" and "children" but have gravitated more towards "children." It is a far more rich and beautiful word. "Kids" sounds more worldly and on the cheap side. 

Not to divert but I have stopped using the word "Pot luck" and have gone to "fellowship dinner." Fellowship dinner" are richer words that describe  what it is and does not have its roots in the occult. However, I have heard people say that "pot luck" is appropriate because " If you can eat what's in the pot with all the cheese, dairy, and meat substitutes, without getting sick, you are lucky." Maybe "pot luck" is not entirely incorrect.

I found myself laughing about the pot luck comment, because it is so true. The foods that are served in church are super fatty, rich and outright unhealthy.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service