Adventist Online

Since our Church Scholars say the feast keeping idea was abolished at the Cross, we have to present this theme with as few words as possible, and with "thus saith the Lord" as much as possible. Shalom

METHOD: The best and clearest SOP is shown, just to give the reader an unbiased feel for the theme.

CONCLUSION: SOP agrees with Scripture that the "meetings with Jesus at certain times" was not abolished at the Cross, but they were to be renewed as new wine is placed in a new wine skin. The feasts are "practice runs" of events still in the future. There are plenty of events still in the future for Christians, and even Jesus who is yet to come a Second Time. Paul says not to judge those who keep the feasts, because many of us will practice their spiritual significance in a variety of ways (Colossians 2:16). And like any Church activity meeting with Jesus, beware of formalism and legalism, and your home authority that means nothing to GOD (Colossians 2:20-22).

DISCUSSION: The presentation of SOP and comments are below:

A "love feast" ..

(1) God loves us even as He loves His Son, and Christ has given us the assurance, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." Let us have many, many love feasts over this assurance, knowing that Christ is ever beside us, to strengthen and to bless.--Ms 139, 1902

A "love feast" is when we come to GOD.

(2) The articles published in our papers should contain pure provender, thoroughly winnowed from chaff. We are living in a most solemn time. Let our editors call for articles giving living experience.... These experiences may be to the readers as a love feast, because the writers have been eating the bread which came down from heaven. {CW 18.1}

A "love feast" are the "words of Jesus" printed as articles for us to eat the bread of heaven.

(3) The next Sunday, at the commencement of love-feast, the presiding elder read off our names, seven in number, as discontinued from the church. {LS80 175.1}

A "love feast" is a people assembly at Church.

(4) From the beginning to the end every camp meeting may be a love feast, because God's presence is with His people. {6T 63.2}

"Camp meeting" is a symbol of a "love feast".

(5) My brethren and sisters, if you would come together for prayer-meetings, if, after confession of sin and humiliation of soul, you would have a love-feast,--every heart filled with true love for his brethren,--you would see the salvation of God. {BTS, February 1, 1910 par. 1}

"Prayer meeting" is a symbol of "love feast".

(6) The camp meeting may be a love feast, because we have the assurance of God's presence. {15MR 3.1}

Why only "may" be a "love feast", rather than "is" a love feast"?

With most of the people in the days of Christ, the observance of this feast had degenerated into formalism. But what was its significance to the Son of God! {DA 77.2}

In Paul's day most feast keeping was done with legalism and formalism.

(7) Upon the occasion of Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem, the people who were assembled from all parts of the land to keep the feast, flocked to the Mount of Olives, and as they joined the throng that were escorting Jesus, they caught the inspiration of the hour and helped to swell the shout, “Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord!” [Matthew 21:9.] In like manner did unbelievers who flocked to the Adventist meetings —some from curiosity, some merely to ridicule—feel the convincing power attending the message, “Behold, the Bridegroom cometh!” {GC88 402.1}

Notice SOP makes parallels with "love feasts" in Jesus NT time and "Adventist meetings" in our time.

Hang on a minute, SOP terms "love feast" differently to the term "feast". True the terms are different. Read through these first seven SOP again, and ask yourself, why does SOP term feast sometimes as "love feast" and sometimes as "feast"? The answer is found in her {DA 77.2} statement. Notice why SOP terms a feast as a "love feast".


So far we have learned from SOP, a "love feast" is a gathering of people at certain times to meet with GOD. How does Scripture see this theme?

Zec 8:19 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.

Only recently have scientists found that fastings makes our biological cells young again, and is good for us. Fasting also controls appetite, a Satanic weapon that leads many to sinning. And these four annual fastings are meant to be cheerful ones, as we love truth and peace.

The first thing people will notice in the OT, the keeping of feasts is not a Hebrew word. There are Hebrew words for "feast", but not the "keeping of feasts". Wow !

So what English term do you suppose SOP could use ? "Appointed times" perhaps? "annual meetings" perhaps? Not really uplifting this theme? The Hebrew word for "keeping feasts" is "mow'ed" which really means "appointed times".

In Ancient Hebrew this word (Strong's 4150) in pictograph reads "The flow secure sees through the door". The "active hands see through the door" is the verb to "meet"(Strong's 3259) . So these Hebrew words are related to each other. Jeff Benner says the word means "appointment" or to "meet at certain times".

So Scripture says "we come together at certain times to meet with GOD".

Lev 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. (KJV)

And translated along Ancient Hebrew lines:-

Lev 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the appointments of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my appointments. (Ancient Hebrew)

And translated into SOP

Lev 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the love feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my love feasts. (SOP)

Can the reader see what SOP is trying to say?

Where in Scripture does the SOP term "love feast" come from?

2Pe 2:13 (WNT)(Weymouth's New Translation) being doomed to receive a requital for their guilt. They reckon it pleasure to feast daintily in broad daylight. They are spots and blemishes, while feeding luxuriously at their love-feasts, and banqueting with you.

  • Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

    The church were doing "love feasts", but some NT unholy members corrupted them, much as the OT Jews turned "feasts" in formalism and legalism.

    CT.371.001 Shall we not keep holy festivals unto God? Shall we not show that we have some enthusiasm in His service? With the grand, ennobling theme of salvation before us, shall we be as cold as statues of marble? If men can become so excited over a match game of cricket, or a horse race, or over foolish things that bring no good to anyone, shall we be unmoved when the plan of salvation is unfolded before us? Let the school and the church henceforth have festivals of rejoicing unto the Lord.-- Special Testimonies on Education, pages 77-82.

  • Zec 8:19 "and cheerful feasts";
  • CT.371.001 "festivals of rejoicing"

  • Lev 23:24 "ye have a sabbath, a memorial"
  • CT.371.001 "keep holy festivals"

    The Hebrew word "shabbathown" is a special resting, a Sabbath holiday, which SOP terms a "festival". Could one think of a better word in English?

    Many say the "meetings of Jesus at certain times" ended at the Cross. Is this true? It is true certain activities changed at the Cross. So lets see what changes Jesus did just before He dies, for changes to cermonial laws have to be made before one dies.

    Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

  • 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

    Now let's set the scene:

    Mt 26:17 ¶ Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

  • 18 And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

    Notice Jesus kept these "feasts"..

    Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

  • 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

    Notice Jesus made certain changes to this "feast"..

  • changed animal blood into plant blood
  • changed animal flesh into plant flesh
  • made the feast a type pointing forward again

    So the Lord's Ordinance is a renewal of Passover, when we point back to the Cross and forward to the Wedding Feast.

    Notice the symbols change, the meanings change...but not the fundamental "meeting at certain times"

    And this "feast" was practiced by the early Christian church every Sabbath, not once a year... so the "meeting as certain times" can be as often as you desire.


    Now let's look at some difficult passages of Paul, often used as an excuse to say the feasts were abolished at the Cross.

  • Col 2:13 ¶ And you, being dead in your sins (trespasses) and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
  • 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

    Notice Paul is not talking about a "sin-offering" but the trespasses one does against the law (the Greek word is written twice, but KJV translate the same word differently). Paul is speaking about the uncircumsion of flesh...but Jews were all circumcised as Abraham was, so is this ordinance contrary to us? So read the context of Paul's verses before:-

  • Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins (sin-offering) of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

    Paul is challenging the Jews why were they circumcised in the first place, when Jesus circumcises us with His circumcision.

    Does Scripture write about this ?

  • Jer 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

    So Paul is saying circumcision was an ordinance pointing to Jesus on the Cross, and this ordinance of circumcision was nailed on the Cross. Notice circumcision itself is not abolished, just the spiritual significance is changed, so we should still practice circumcision of the heart through Jesus.

  • Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
  • 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
  • 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

    Legalism and formalism are commndments of men and traditions done in human power, rather than the true attitudes of gratitude for Jesus saving us with His rightousness, we seek to establish our own righteousness, which means nothing to GOD.

  • Col 2:16 ¶ Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

    Paul says not to judge those who keep the feasts in whatever way they understand keeping them.

    Some say Paul was anti-torah, against the ceremonial laws. No Paul was against formalism and legalism. Some people can practice certain activities in their own human powers, rather than appreciate the attitudes of love that show gratitude for Jesus saving us.

    With most of the people in the days of Christ, the observance of this feast had degenerated into formalism. {DA 77.2}

    In Paul's day most feast keeping was done with legalism and formalism This is especially true with the ordinance of circumcision that was introduced by human hands, but is actually done with Jesus hands on the foreskins of our heart.

    Notice verse shown before (Jer 4:4) suggesting human circumcision was introduced by Jesus, "because of the evil of your doings".

    2Pe 2:13 (WNT)(Weymouth's New Translation) being doomed to receive a requital for their guilt. They reckon it pleasure to feast daintily in broad daylight. They are spots and blemishes, while feeding luxuriously at their love-feasts, and banqueting with you.

    Written in Peter and Paul's time, many unholy members of the NT churches were spoiling the "love feasts" with sinful practices in broad daylight, causing a corruption of the righteous. These men were clouds without rain, wells without water. They lacked the Holy Spirit's power. This does not mean "love feasts" is a bad concept, but it does mean we should be aware of formalism and legalism.

    Now one could write more, but this is the simple stronger version.

  • Did the disciples, and Paul, keep the feasts? Yes of course, it's all there in the book of Acts.

    Some of our Church scholars point out the Jewish idea of feast keeping was kept because the "spiritual Jews" had not left their older traditions as yet. Is this true? Legalism and formalism are terrible evils in any Church. Keeping the feasts with Jewish traditions would be terrible formalism. We do not know how much of the spiritual significance the early Churches had with "meeting at certain times with Jesus".

    Perhaps the real issue is HOW do we keep the "meetings with Jesus at certain times" What was the "keeping of feasts" really for?

    The feasts are practice runs for future events.

    So have a look at this list of feasts, and see if there are not future events we need to practice.

  • (1) Weekly Sabbaths are "meetings with Jesus" where we practice sharing His fruits in us with others in redemptive service. All of us have a long way to go practicing this "redemptive fruit sharing".

  • (2) Lord's Feast are special "meetings with Jesus" where we celebrate His death till He come, and look forward to meeting Him in person around His wedding feast. All of us have a long way to go practicing this "putting on Jesus' white garment".

  • (3) Lord's first fruits is a special "meeting with Jesus" where we celebrate His being the first saved by His Father, and we look forward in hope of us as firstfruits also being saved by Jesus. All of us have a long way to go practicing being "a first fruit of Jesus, ready for heaven".

  • (4) Lord's latter rain power is a special "meeting with Jesus" where His power makes us grow in His latter rains. We are then ready for harvest, empowered to bring in other sheaves for GOD. All of us have a long way to go practicing the "revival latter rains of Jesus, ready for earth's final harvest".

  • (5) Lord's unleavened bread is a special "meeting with Jesus at certain times" to practice fasting, prayer and overcoming our propensities to sinning. All of us have a long way to go practicing the "perfection of our soul, overcoming all known sinning".

  • (6) Lord's Atonement is a "holy judgement of His people" just before the Second Coming". We are to afflict our souls for Jesus. All of us have a long way to go practicing the "affliction of our souls before Jesus comes again".

  • (7) Lord's Tabernacle is a special meeting with Jesus to help us cope in the mountains as a Jacob's trouble experience, before the real event comes. All of us have a long way to go practicing the "Jacob's experience in the bush" before we have to flee into the mountains.

  • (8) Lord's Trumpets is a special meeting with Jesus to prepare us for wars, before they come upon us. Indeed terrible tribulations are coming. Are we prepared for this? All of us have a long way to go practicing the "end time events of tribulation" before they come upon us.

    I hope all the "meetings of Jesus at special times" is covered. Did you catch the way, we must practice certain things before they come over us, or are we like a thief in the night, or sleeping, or unprepared?

    Anyone who practices these feasts along formal lines, are returning to legalism and formalism, and this is just another yoke our older Jewish believers would want to burden us with. They did not catch the significance of feast keeping. For example the Jews were keeping the feast of Tabernacles, while the Christians kept the feast as well by doing what this feast is a practice for....they fled into the mountains...!

    At the time of the siege, the Jews were assembled at Jerusalem to keep the Feast of Tabernacles, and thus the Christians throughout the land were able to make their escape unmolested. Without delay they fled to a place of safety--the city of Pella, in the land of Perea, beyond Jordan. {GC 30.2}

    God bless your reading of Scripture and SOP. Let's be found practicing many things we need to practice before real events come upon us unawares. Let us be sober and watching. Shalom

  • Shalom

Views: 311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You mean, the time to flee.  Yes, that is in the future.  She is using Prophetic allegory to point to the time that Spiritual Egypt will come in force as it did for the Hebrew Nation.  It doesn't mean go camping, not there is anything wrong with that. 

Every day we worship and praise and give thanks to God for everything he has done for us daily.

We come together every 7th day Sabbath to worship and praise our God on the Holy Sabbath day, because that is what God asked us to remember. 

Every year, through out the year are appointed times (Gods appointed times) to come together corporately/groups of believers to give thanks, praise, spiritual growth, worship, for the things God has done for us through out the year. I think God knows of the trials and struggles we all go through, think of it as a spiritual boot camp where we are revitalised with God and with one another, putting the cares of the world away and focusing on God completely for the whole appointed time. 

Whether anyone chooses to daily praise God or keep His 7th day Sabbath or observe the appointed times or not is their choice.  Keeping/observing the 10 Commandments will not save you, only through Christ Jesus are we saved. We follow the commandments because we Love Christ. Observing the appointed times will not save you, it is only through Christ Jesus. We come together on His appointed times to remember how God has led us in the past and the promises of how he will lead us in the future.

I have found the Passover camps and Tabernacles camps here to be wonderfully uplifting in my relationship with God. I have drawn closer to Christ and enjoyed meeting new people and forming new friendships as we all sing, praise worship God daily without the cares of the world to bother me.  

Blessings to you all.

  

We refuse to keep the feast days, will we be lost?

No.  That would be silly. On the bright side, we could reduce the sheep population.  Or would they do what Cain did , and offer vegetables on the Altar.

REFERRING THE PASSOVER AND OTHER LAWS, GOD SAID IN EXODUS 12:24 24 “Obey these instructions as a lasting ordinance for you and your descendants.  I TOO DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE VITAL TO SALVATION, SO WHAT HAPPENED?  THE CROSS.  GRACE IS GOOD, THE LAW IS A BURDEN AND YOLK WHICH LEAD TO IDOLATRY OF THE LAW.

God is our Judge. Not man. If we all read Gods word and from what is written, see how to worship & praise our God, there should be no reason for people to discourage or belittle one another from wanting a closer relationship with God. If some here decide that keeping the appointed times brings them closer to God to worship him to praise him to give thanks to him we have no right to judge or belittle one another. Just as you have decided that it's not for you, I respect that. I don't think anyone, myself included should never force any belief upon anyone. The Holy Spirit convicts our souls as we read the Bible. The blessings that we gain we can share, they are our experiences to encourage others in a closer walk with Christ.

Like the Sabbath, the holy days are a sign that the true God has sanctified us.

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Bust out the sacrifices then, and then, by doing so, deny the Ultimate Sacrifices.  Scripture is true, when it says my people perish for a lack of knowledge.

Peace


Daniel wrote: "Bust out the sacrifices then, and then, by doing so, deny the Ultimate Sacrifices. Scripture is true, when it says my people perish for a lack of knowledge."



No.... That's your assumption brother Daniel, the annual Holy days of GOD doesn't need animal sacrifices anymore, didn't you hear? Jesus is our sacrifice once and for all time. I showed you Luke, Paul and his converts observing the annual Holy days of GOD in another place other than Jerusalem. I have also shown Gentile Christians all the way up to the 5th century still observing the annual Holy days of GOD.

So when you choose to ignore these clear evidences, it's not a lack of knowledge on your part, but a refusal of the knowledge of Truth. You and others can't say the annual Holy days of GOD are no more and done away with when there is clear facts showing that is not the case.

Brother Ian (Elijah) agrees there is no evidence showings the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with..


Ian wrote: "Thanks for your reply Reasoning, Yes as you say there is no evidence that the days were done away with. By the same token, there is no evidence we should keep them either. "



If there is no evidence showing the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with, then where does the teaching come from???
The onus would on those like yourself to prove the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with.. But that would be impossible without evidence wouldn't you agree?


I showed evidence that the annual Holy days of GOD were still being observed... By Gentiles.. Check it out bro...



The Catholic writer Eusebius recorded that Polycrates of Ephesus, around 195 A.D. wrote the following to the Roman Bishop Victor who wanted those who professed Christ to change Passover from the 14th of Nisan to Sunday:


Polycrates wrote:"We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead?"
"All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).



Dan.7:25 tells us Rome will think to change "times" and laws, it wasn't just talking about 7th Day Sabbath. Brother D-nice, you telling me you can't see the Truth in what I'm writing to you? Or are you refusing to see the Truth? Study and think before you answer.



Blessings to you and your family!

Then, as I said before, you are creating a religion unto yourself, that has no Biblical Standing.  It is somewhat flattering that you want to follow my Jewish Heritage, but disheartening, that you are not abiding by what scripture instructs to be done on those Feast Days, and again you have created a pseudo-religion, rather than following scripture by performing the Feast Days properly; which you might recognize involved a sacrifice that pointed to the Cross.   The Feast of Booths is yet to happen for us, because we are pursued by Spiritual Egypt to flee after the new Abomination of Desolation comes.  Further, the Feast of Trumpets will be when the Shofar of Yashua is blown to wake the dead that died in Him at resurrection. 

Peace


Daniel wrote: "Then, as I said before, you are creating a religion unto yourself, that has no Biblical Standing. "



That's your assumption... The annual Holy set days of GOD were still observed after the cross. I showed you the facts and what do you choose to do? Just look past it like it doesn't exist.





Daniel wrote: "It is somewhat flattering that you want to follow my Jewish Heritage, but disheartening, that you are not abiding by what scripture instructs to be done on those Feast Days, and again you have created a pseudo-religion, rather than following scripture by performing the Feast Days properly; which you might recognize involved a sacrifice that pointed to the Cross."



It's a shame you just overlook clear facts... Luke,Paul and his converts observed the annual set Holy days of GOD.



EGW "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and true-hearted of the apostle's converts, and he enjoyed a peaceful and happy visit with them during the eight days of the feast.”



Do you think Luke, Paul and his converts sacrificed animals to observe the annual set Holy days of GOD "properly"?


Or do you think they observed the ceremonies (feet washing, eating the bread and drinking of the wine) Jesus instituted on the annual set Holy days of GOD?


The obvious choice is the latter... But the fact is they observed the whole eight days of the feast. That's not being done away with Daniel, it shows the annual set Holy days of GOD were still being observed after the cross. So don't be flattered my friend, be aware you are teaching false theories on GOD'S annual set Holy days.



Blessings!
Peace


The Holy Feast Days has been on the Satan hit list, the Bible speaks on it...

Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

We all know this verse, and we mainly apply it to the Sabbath, but it's talking about the Feast days as well... Lets go to three other translations of the Bible... It sheds more light on what these "times"(Plural) are..

Daniel 7:25 (Amplified Bible)
"And he shall speak words against the Most High [God] and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change the time [of sacred feasts and holy days] and the law; and the saints shall be given into his hand for a time, two times, and half a time [three and one-half years].

Daniel 7:25 (New Living Translation)
"He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.

Dan. 7:25 (New American Bible)
"He shall speak against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High, thinking to change the feast days and the law. They shall be handed over to him for a year, two years, and a half-year.

It's right there, it's not just about the Sabbath, GOD'S other Holy Days are being spoken against also.. lets see if the papacy speak words against the Most High, in regards to the Holy Feast Days.. We know what they say about the Sabbath. Can we find the papacy speaking words against the Holy feast Days?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church.
-----------------------------------------



"The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905




AT Jones gives a History lesson in the book Great empires of Prophecy, he said

"From Rome there came now another addition to the sunworshipping apostasy. The first Christians being mostly Jews, continued to celebrate, in remembrance of the death of Christ, the true Passover; and this was continued among those who from among the Gentles had turned to Christ. Accordingly, the celebration was always on the Passover day, the fourteenth of the first month.Rome, however, and from her all the West, adopted the day of the sun as the day of this coloration. According to the Eastern custom, the celebration, being on the fourteenth day of the month, would of course fall on different days of the week as the years resolved. The rule of Rome was that the celebration must always be on a Sunday." (Great Empires of Prophecy, 1898, p. 389 by A.T. Jones)

The facts of history says it's not only about the 7th Day Sabbath in trying to change "times" and laws.




Clear evidence brother Daniel, the annual set Holy days of GOD were still being observed centuries after the cross. You keep posting what you think, but no facts, just misconstruing verses and quotes to fit a false teaching in the Church.



Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service