Adventist Online

I listened to an Adventist Pastor preached a sermom yesterday. I was really shocked- in his sermon he said that the devil is not responsible for every temptation. He stated that we enter into temptation on our own. Now I cannot accept this because I know satan is responsible for every temptation and even though we are born in sin and shaped in iniquity there is still two forces ruling the universe God and the devil. So, I am interested to hear your views on this.-

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is Satan actively involved in this? --

"And [Jesus] said, That which comes out of the man, that defiles the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man." (Mark 7:20-23)

Are Satan's 'services' necessary for that to happen? Satan and fallen man share the same nature. I think that the things described by Jesus naturally proceed from Satan's heart, just as they proceed from the unregenerate heart of man.

great stuff Stewart 

God only wants what is best for His children, and sometimes we really believe that the way we see things is how God sees them, making our fall so much easier. It's time to pray and adhear to what God and God alone says....blessings!

I appreciate all the responses to this thread even though I do not share the same view as many of you I still appreciated your comments. I have never been persuaded by the majority and I stand firmly for what I believe until the Holy Spirit shows me otherwise. In the end we all have to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. 

Blessed

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by