Adventist Online

I was shown that Sabbathkeeping Adventists should not engage in life insurance. This is a commerce with the world which God does not approve. Those who engage in this enterprise are uniting with the world, while God calls His people to come out from among them and to be separate. Said the angel: "Christ has purchased you by the sacrifice of His life..................Life insurance is a worldly policy which leads our brethren who engage in it to depart from the simplicity and purity of the gospel. Every such departure weakens our faith and lessens our spirituality. Said the angel: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." As a people we are in a special sense the Lord's. Christ has bought us. Angels that excel in strength surround us. Not a sparrow falls to the ground without the notice of our heavenly Father. Even the hairs of our head are numbered. God has made provision for His people. He has a special care for them, and they should not distrust His providence by engaging in a policy with the world. Test. vol.1 pg 549 - 551. Many of us today possess Life Insurance Policies, some of us sell them, are we denying the leading of the Lord by so doing or is it that this injunction is no longer relevant today?

Views: 495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kodie, grace and peace.

Your position  on the issue is VERY CLEAR, and that is the problem. Whether or not you have intended to guide or misguide on this topic, is irrelevant. When you post something you are going to have an influence, for good or bad. And you will have to give an account for your reasoning. 

If you choose to base your "Sound Theology" upon the doctrines of MAN (BRI) rather than a "Thus sayeth the Lord".......

Sister Whites writings were not just for her time, but for ours, and she states this clearly.

Our GC has seen fit to reject foundational Truths, The "Daily" of Daniel is just one example, the 2520 prophecy is another. Now do I follow the GC, or Christ (THE WORD OF GOD)?

Irrespective of your interpretation, or BRI's, of Sister Whites account on life assurance, how do you account for Gods Word?

Matt 6:34   Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

"Shifting sand" are my closing words.

God bless, Scott.

Hey Scott, 

What's this about 2520 prophecy. I've never heard about that one and I was born and grew up in the church. Is this some new light?

Curious.

Russell

Russell, my Brother, grace and peace.

There was a link about the 2520 not so long ago.

Check it out, especially the attached links from Brother Mark, it saves me rewriting everything. Any questions or probs and I will be glad to help.

God bless and happy Sabbath.

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/what-is-the-2520-year-p...

Thank you Scott. I'll do that.

Blessings

Hi Carla, 

Have you thought about explaining to the person in charge your reason for not wanting life insurance? Ask the Lord to guide you. Do not just take my or anyone else advice. Base your decision on an understanding of God's directive to you, prayer and faith in Him. That way no one can shake you after you have made up your mind. Remember Daniel and his friends? They had to make a hard decision and it seemed that they had to go along with the authorities. They didn't and God exalted them. Maybe this is your opportunity. May you allow Him to direct your path.

Blessings 

I would like to thank you all, my wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ, for your kind advice. I will fast and pray about this matter and let GOD guide me. I look forward to more Spirit filled discussions God’s Willing.

God bless, Sister Carla. Grace and peace. :)

Bro Bruce, 

If it were possible I'd shake your hands right now, but I hope to do so in the earth made new.

Happy Sabbath bro.

Carla,

While you do so, ask the Lord that we all remain faithful, for the time is at hand, the day is far spent and its almost time to go home. Happy Sabbath my sister. 

Amen! I'm also against life insurance no matter what the BRI says. Bible ans SOP should be our guide.

Hi Ladyeve, 

Good to hear from you. Its heartening to know that there are many SDAs are not depending on others to interpret the word of God for themselves but are doing like the Bereans and searching the Scriptures to see if those things were so. Let us unite in prayer and supplication for each other and for those who are not yet involved, so that the outpouring of the Spirit may be experienced, the work may be finished and Jesus may come. Sabbath blessings.

Hi, one should not deprived themself to pay life insurance,but in these times  of expensive funerals whose the one that going to pay for the cost of the service and buriel .

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service