Adventist Online

I was shown that Sabbathkeeping Adventists should not engage in life insurance. This is a commerce with the world which God does not approve. Those who engage in this enterprise are uniting with the world, while God calls His people to come out from among them and to be separate. Said the angel: "Christ has purchased you by the sacrifice of His life..................Life insurance is a worldly policy which leads our brethren who engage in it to depart from the simplicity and purity of the gospel. Every such departure weakens our faith and lessens our spirituality. Said the angel: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." As a people we are in a special sense the Lord's. Christ has bought us. Angels that excel in strength surround us. Not a sparrow falls to the ground without the notice of our heavenly Father. Even the hairs of our head are numbered. God has made provision for His people. He has a special care for them, and they should not distrust His providence by engaging in a policy with the world. Test. vol.1 pg 549 - 551. Many of us today possess Life Insurance Policies, some of us sell them, are we denying the leading of the Lord by so doing or is it that this injunction is no longer relevant today?

Views: 493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The answer's the same as for the living Joan, the same God that is providing now will provide for all your needs, even when death occurs. We just need to exercise that faith that Christ told us we all need, the faith as small as a grain of mustard seed.

Blessings 

Russell

Hi Joan, grace and peace.

Matthew 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.   8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.   6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

God bless, Scott.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by