Adventist Online

How long will the little time of trouble last?

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While I do not buy the 3 1/2 year literal day prophecy, by the same token I can easily imagine the NSL period being that long and longer. 5 years is a very short time when we compare it to 1260 years, 2300 years, 1290 and 1335 years. It is going to take some time for the whole world to take notice and make a studied decision as to which mark to receive. I tend to think the time of the plagues may be shorter than the NSL period.

Will;

I am asking you, does Scripture indicate that the mark of the beast is a national Sunday law? To dodge and hide like this does not create trust or in any sense credibility. 

What does Scripture say, in your opinion ?  Either you believe the NSL is the mark of the beast or you do not. Which is it and why are you hiding ?

One question:

How can the NSL be placed on ones hand or forehead?
Therefore the NSL is NOT the mark of the beast.

Observance of the beasts system of worship and its laws/lawlessness is the mark of the beast.

Shalom,
Will
the scripture does not talk about an NSL but it does talk about times and laws of Yahweh and a little horn that would try to change said times and laws.

Those who follow the changes will be marked so to speak.

Shalom,
Will
Aquila,

That is an interpretation. The actual text does not say NSL but it does say mark of the beast.

Shalom,
Will
I understand you believe it is correct and I allow that it may be correct. However, I do not think that it is as cut and dry as you put it. I would not be surprised if the mark of the beast is much, much more than you say.

I even seem to remember that a little old lady who SDAs hold in high regard said much the same as I am.

To understand Revelations you need to understand the old testament 

Deuteronomy 6:6-8

New International Version (NIV)

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8

King James Version (KJV)

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.(same as forehead) 

Ezekiel 9:4

New International Version (NIV)

and said to him, “Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it.”

not literal but in your thoughts and actions ..

Excellent Jason

It surprises me that we think that they buying and selling refers to us. It does not because our bread and water shall be sure. Also Mark the saints will be scatter. What will not be able to buy and sell are those who do not have the mark of the beast/man. The whore and her followers will not have the mark. Remember she is hated by the beast and the 10 kings who he put in place around the world. Jerusalem is Babylon the great city who was known to kill the prophets in the Bible. This city will be removed first by the false prophet. A battle between the beast's army and the whore's army that is Armageddon. Armageddon comes in the sixth vial. It is over and destroyed before the seventh vial is given.

Interesting question. Interesting subject.

The "little time of trouble" is something (I think) that the Spirit of Prophecy makes no explicit reference to. The idea seems to have developed by inference. I'm not entirely sure that it is going to be a reality.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service