Adventist Online

Male Adventist Pastors Forgo Ordination Credentials in Solidarity with Unordained Women

I am honored to say that my pastor was one of those who turned in his Ordination credentials for Commissioned...In addition two Unions have suspended ordination altogether.

http://www.religionnews.com/2015/10/15/male-adventist-pastors-forgo...

Views: 1610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recant. :-).  Just tested the waters. 

I wonder if they are also willing to make themselves a eunuch in the name of gender solidarity?

Dare I say somebody may be proud of a eunuch pastor?  Nope I will not say that.  LOL. 

I am certain there is an element who would be greatly pleased.

And WO will do what for the coming of Christ and the church in the last days?  If conservative women went before the church and spoke of repentance and the straight testimony would it be welcomed by the liberal pro-WO crowd?

Perhaps the most serious danger that threatens the church is that it will lose its uniqueness, that it will become like the world around it, that its schools, its medical institutions, its methods of promotion, its literature, its standards of measuring success, will be scarcely distinguishable from those of the secular world. Yet few people in the church seem concerned about this danger. Too many measure success merely by gains in tithe and membership. They are confident that all is well with our educational institutions as long as enrollments are increasing and accrediting bodies are pleased. They seem satisfied with our hospitals so long as their bed-occupancy rate is high and their budgets are balanced. They are content with our literature so long as it sells well and is appreciated by readers.

Some time ago we were startled by several passages in a book entitled Keys to the Deeper Life, by A. W. Tozer, a consecrated non-Adventist Christian. In the book the author declared: “The separating line between the church and the world has been all but obliterated. Aside from a few of the grosser sins, the sins of the unregenerated world are now approved by a shocking number of professedly ‘born-again’ Christians and copied eagerly. Young Christians take as their models the rankest kind of worldlings and try to be as much like them as possible. Religious leaders have adopted the techniques of the advertisers; boasting, baiting and shameless exaggerating are now carried on as a normal procedure in church work. The moral climate is not that of the New Testament, but that of Hollywood and Broadway. Most evangelicals no longer initiate; they imitate, and the world is their model.”

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9e8131_ac3439ba1e13422fb52d1ea220cd9d61.pdf

Indeed Bart I have a quote from EGW not that dissimilar. EGW tells us that this movement is from the devil.

The enemy of souls has sought to bring in the supposition that a great reformation was to take place among Seventh-day Adventists, and that this reformation would consist in giving up the doctrines which stand as the pillars of our faith, and engaging in a process of reorganization. Were this reformation to take place, what would result? The principles of truth that God in His wisdom has given to the remnant church, would be discarded. Our religion would be changed. The fundamental principles that have sustained the work for the last fifty years would be accounted as error. A new organization would be established. Books of a new order would be written. A system of intellectual philosophy would be introduced. The founders of this system would go into the cities, and do a wonderful work. The Sabbath of course, would be lightly regarded, as also the God who created it. Nothing would be allowed to stand in the way of the new movement. The leaders would teach that virtue is better than vice, but God being removed, they would place their dependence on human power, which, without God, is worthless. Their foundation would be built on the sand, and storm and tempest would sweep away the structure. {1SM 204.2}

Exactly what is so honorable about pastors turning in their credentials? Am I the only one who sees this as a form of rebellion? Where is humility when it is needed.

Nothing is. But the question is, how do we deal with this disgrace or form of rebellion as you call it?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service