Adventist Online

Views: 1753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No Lazarus. The pastor should ensure that the person is briefed on the church doctrine, go through with the vows on the baptismal cards, informed of the 13 baptismal vows for the interview in other words prepare the heart and the knowledge. It is now the persons decision to do whatever else. Some persons respond by changing immediately. Some will do it gradually. Leave the work to the Holy Spirit.

Blessing

Yes Redva Your church must be an idyllic place. You probably have angels singing in the choir. What I have seen the reality is a little different. 

I hope it is not true too Herbert. It is not our business to push God's people away from the Kingdom of God.

Blessing

The only how i can see eye to eye with this pastor with his stance is if he also bans all women from wearing WEAVE OR FALSE HAIR also from his congregation or being baptize ........because to me this man would be unfairly treated if he was made to cut his hair but women from the congregation was buying other peoples hair to sow in :)....DOES NOT THAT SOUND HYPOCRITICAL ? 

The only how i can see eye to eye with this pastor with his stance is if he also bans all women from wearing WEAVE OR FALSE HAIR also from his congregation or being baptize ........because to me this man would be unfairly treated if he was made to cut his hair but women from the congregation was buying other peoples hair to sow in :)....DOES NOT THAT SOUND HYPOCRITICAL ?

yes thanku for bringing that up TEDDY SANDY

also lets coverr 1 Cor 11

does that church 'demand' that the ladies wear hats and men to take off toupees upon entering?

and do they ban ladies with a bob?

and men who have a biblical crewcut (in the 50's it was scandalous for a young man to have any length)

upon baptism but

but ... let it grow past the collar after being in church awhile...

or touching his shoulders ..or gasp!.. cascading down to the small of his back?

does that mean disfellowshipped  and take that name off the church books

of course reflecting (to the authorities at least) name taken off the book of Life

i mean.. really if the church think your sinning by a man  having long hair of course God will revoke the salvation..i guess :/

"on Earth as it is in Heaven"

what happens when a lady with her churched approved long hair gets it short and sassy?

she too is shut out?

again in the Minisrter's mind it must be cause God dont approve either?

i mean if u take this too the logical conclusion

if God accepts a soul the church would accept that

and

if the church dont accept  someone as a candidate for baptism

then God is unaccceppting as well

ahhh to play God by changing and cherry picking theological points regarding culture fashion and personal grooming habits

that church has alot more evil going on behind the scenes regardless what the otherside says

BLESSINGS

Hypocritical? Yes maybe but do you have all the facts? Have not the pastor the right to decide who is qualified to be baptized? 

Yours truly is an ordained minister, who has always been a departmental directtor of our local conference in the Philippines, am retired as of 1996.  We have been going around the conference to do baptisms, due to lack of enough ordained ministers in north Philippines.  There have been many instances when the local church board have acted to recommend the results of the local crusades.  And at times, candidates have been recommended who still smell that they were still smoking or have been drinking very recently.  I ask the head elder if the candidate's name had been presented to the church board.  If, in a few cases, there can be question such as the forum is discussing, and I call the attention of the church elder to it, and if he says that the membership is willing to accept the candidate, praying that  his/her exposure to the principles we stand for as a church, and they feel he is sincere, I go ahead and baptize him/her.  The church is a "hospital" in which the work of the Holy Spirit is at work to prepare souls for thee kingdom of God.  Most of those who have thus been baptized on the long run, are honest followers of Christ, and the lives will ultimately "conform".   Yes, it can happen that such casess, the member ultimately "fall out"  the church, and the pastor, will not b e held accountable by the Holy Spirit for such outcome.  LET US LEAVE THE MATTER TO GOD.   Let us not slam the door at candidates who desire baptism.  MARANATHA

Iehcar,

Great thoughts, that's the way we did it in the Ken Cox ministry. I think it's the right way. I have watched others where it was required to give up tobacco, booze, meat, jewelry, movies etch, and buy the entire set of the "Red Books" and still drop out of the church the first year.

Baptism is just the beginning, that's when the holy spirit takes over. Not for us to say a person is not "Holy " enough to be baptized.

God bless, plan to meet you in heaven,

Keith

lehcar
GBU

its been ages

it warms my heart to see your post

i hope my post to u find u well

Jesus has a way going to the heart with the spirit shown here

GBU All

'Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye go round the sea and the dry land to make one proselyte, and whenever it may happen -- ye make him a son of gehenna twofold more than yourselves. Matt 23:15

Are you following the Bible Pastor Oosing? Can you find an example of such in the bible? You just ask the membership? You are bringing the World in the church.. ..

Luke 3

And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

10 And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?

11 He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise.

12 Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?

13 And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

15 And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;

My husband, who is a retired minister from the Philippines, wrote the reply printed above.    Lehcarr

Lehcarr,

I though you were an ordained lady pastor, and a brave one at that. Just a little disappointed when I learned it was your husband. I'm sure you would be a wonderful minister, ordained or not.

God bless both of you. Are you still at Loma Linda?

Keith

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by