Adventist Online

What do you think about "Marriage in the New Earth?"

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am looking forward to marry in in heaven/new earth!

will you enjoy that marriage

If it happened in heaven, then it will be good to those singles... =D
Yes, after reading that article they were some really good points, although I am looking forward to what other bible researchers have to say here...
Speculations About the Future Life

For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven. Mark 12:25. {FLB 366.1}
There are men today who express their belief that there will be marriages and births in the new earth, but those who believe the Scriptures cannot accept such doctrines. The doctrine that children will be born in the new earth is not a part of the "sure word of prophecy." The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood. They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the new earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God, members of the royal family. {FLB 366.2}
I would say to those who hold views contrary to this plain declaration of Christ: Upon such matters silence is eloquence. It is presumption to indulge in suppositions and theories regarding matters that God has not made known to us in His Word. We need not enter into speculation regarding our future state. . . . {FLB 366.3}
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season." 2 Tim. 4:2. Do not bring to the foundation wood, and hay, and stubble-- your own surmisings and speculations, which can benefit no one. {FLB 366.4}
Christ withheld no truths essential to our salvation. Those things that are revealed are for us and our children, but we are not to allow our imagination to frame doctrines concerning things not revealed. {FLB 366.5}
The Lord has made every provision for our happiness in the future life. But He has made no revelations regarding these plans, and we are not to speculate concerning them. Neither are we to measure the conditions of the future life by the conditions of this life. . . . It is presented to me that spiritual fables are taking many captive. . . . To all who are indulging these unholy fancies, I would say, Stop; for Christ's sake, stop right where you are. You are on forbidden ground.
{FLB 366.6}

(Makes me confuse now...let's hear others opinion also.hehehe)
Me too, I get confused!

If the Sabbath will stand throughout eternity, If Eden will be restored, If Marriage originated in Eden and It was good, then why would the Lord say it's nolonger good? But anyway Silence is eloquence ;-)
After reading your post by Dr. John Lee, I was very convinced that marriage will exist in the new earth.
However Sister White has a different opinion on the same topic.
In Maranatha Ch 369.1 Sister White writes;
"...........There are men today who express their belief that there will be marriages and births in the new earth, but those who believe the Scriptures cannot accept such doctrines. The doctrine that children will be born in the new earth is not a part of the "sure word of prophecy." The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood. They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the new earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God, members of the royal family.........."

What do you have to say about that Joseph?
John Lees message leaves a lot to be desired.1. To expect that every thing will be in perfect harmony is ok, after all this is the new earth and new heaven. but then to suppose that God will match us is speculation. how God will bring out the perfect peace, satisfaction and harmony has not yet been revealed to us.
2.to coin some message into what Jesus was trying to say and imply that he said so cos we would already have been matched and therefore no further marriage is also a speculation. it can only take the Spirit to tell what Jesus really meant 4 He only can read the mind of Jesus.
However one thing is clear. Jesus was answering the Sadducees belief about resurrection. as we all know they did not believe in resurrection.in other words what Jesus would be saying here is that the fact that one on earth was married to several men does not disapprove the idea of the resurrection. it still will be there, and by extension He says as a by the way, there they do not marry or are given in marriage. the sadduccees query is settled but to us a new one is raised, will there be marriage in heaven? now unfortunately that was not the question Jesus was addressing other wise He would have given us the rest of the details. but a clue here can be He only talked about heaven and not the new earth. we will be in heaven for a thousand years then descend in the new earth 4 ever. what it shall be there He did not say. we can only expect it will be Eden restored.
to me this should be no cause for alarm or confusion. The big deal is be there and see for yourself!!!!!!!
thanks ladyeve, no need for me to reply you already said it correctly! The Bible,using the words of Jesus, and the SOP make it very clear there will be no marriage in heaven. There can be no mistake, Jesus is very plain!
According to Revelation Heaven is not humanity's final home, The new earth is, so if all of Eden will be restored it does not make sense for marriage not to be, however whatever is there will be much better than whatever life we have today.
Dr. John Lee makes some seemingly great points; however, I don't have any sure word on the topic except that "eyes have not seen nor ears heard" about the wonderful things that the good Lord has prepared for us in heaven and also in the earth made new. Why? It is so wonderful we earthlings have no point of reference. Wow! Count me in!
Dr. Lee has so many good points but they all drawn from a picture of man on this present earth and not on the new earth.

Matthew say it clearly: "In resurrection they neither marry; nor are given in marriage, but as are the angels of God in heaven" Matt. 22: 29, 30)

Then will be the redeemed be deprived of the benefits now associated with marriage? In the New Earth the redeemed will not be deprived of any good thing! God has promised that "no good thing will He withold from those who walk uprightly" (ps. 84: 11). If that is true in this life, how much more will it be true in the next.

The quintessence of marriage is love. The epitome of joy is in the expression of love. Scripture says, "God is love" and "in your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasure forevermore." (1 John 4: 8; Psalms 16: 11) In the New Earth no one will lack for either love, joy, or pleasure. No one there will feel lonely, empty and unloved.

No one will desire for a spouse to feel the fullness of love he felt here on earth then. No one will desire sex to experience the fullness joy and pleasure he's got on his marriage life here on earth then. They are as angels who always feel the fullness of love, joy and pleasure on a higher degree than which associated with marriage.

We can trust that the loving Creator who designed marriage to bring joy in this present world will have something better than the next -something that will be superior to marriage as His new world will be to this one.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service