Adventist Online

MEDICINES MADE WITH ANIMALS PROHIBITED BY THE BIBLE... SHOULD WE USE THESE PRODUCTS?

(FOLLOWING THE DISCUSSION OF THE VACCINE MADE WITH SOURCES OF PORK)

SOME MEDICINES (SPECIALLY NATURAL PRODUCTS) ARE MADE WITH ANIMALS PROHIBITED BY THE BIBLE. WHAT´S THE POINT OF THE CHURCH ABOUT THESE PRODUCTS. (MANY OF THEM ARE NOT APPROVED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION):

FOR EXAMPLE:
* SHARK CARTILADE
* GLUCOSAMINE (MADE WITH CRAB AND SHRIMP)
* SNAIL´S DRULL (FOR HAIR AND SKIN)
AND MANY OTHERS

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

don´t view this discussion as a plagiarism. I´m worried about this issue because my mother is owner of a natural products´store. She´s been SDA for almost 40 years and she sells all these kinds of products in her store.
I don't claim to have an answer. But let me tell you something for consideration.

Ellen White used wine as a medicine. Most of us use alcohol in small amounts in medicine. Our prophet also used meat and at times explained it with regards to her medical condition. She also encouraged others to do as she was doing.

Not saying it is right or wrong. Just something to consider.
What about headaches medicines? Most of them are made with caffeine and we all use it.
Good Point. Don't see anything wrong with that. Most SDAs drink caffinated coffee anyways. Don't see any problem with that. Our prophet also drank coffee when she felt she needed it. Wake up folks.
Yes. Ya Gotta Be Loyal to the Local Business. Good for you.
That would be cool. We could use a tour guide for your city.
I don't use the painkillers that contain caffeine. Because I don't need caffeine. ;-)

The only reason that caffeine is included in those painkillers (Excedrin, etc.) is because the makers know that the vast majority of people who have headaches also drink coffee. They know that the reason these people have headaches is related to their caffeine intake and that putting caffeine in their headache medicine WILL relieve that persons headache. So for that person, the caffeine IS the pain reliever. It fed their addiction and they feel better.

I am not a caffeine addict so the addition of caffeine to my pain reliever does nothing for me.
not all use aspirain rosanna I do not and i do not believe it is of much use either other than just relaxing and letting go wont cure. thanx BROTHER Clark for those words of wisdom too. , N Him ELLEN White got her health messag elater in life and she did struggle with it too. . sho wm ewhere it says she drank caffeenated beverages ok??
. WOULD NOT BE MUCH OF A MESSENGER IF SHE SAYS TO FOLLOW what I have been shown is best but I myself can not follow Gods health principles?? Are U implying we are to support those buisnesses that we know is health damaging just because it is local? . what kind of witnesses then would we be to the world ?.
i s it actually healthy eating shark scartilege then or what about tigers blood or ground up claws for virility after all the tiger is strong is it not?? , so Ihave t o sell pigs products too fo rafter all this is the 21 st century we living in is it not?? come on everyone does it yes??
Hey ... but you do believe in modern Republicanism don't you?
there is vegetarian glucosamine that does not have any shellfish in it!
Should we use these products?
Vaccine makers using dog, worm, caterpillar and monkey cells
Mon, November 23, 2009

Spurred by $487 million in federal funding, a sprawling new vaccine factory is opening in North Carolina Tuesday that will produce shots using dog cells instead of chicken eggs. A Connecticut biotech company has also applied to sell a vaccine employing a radically different approach involving a genetically engineered virus infecting insect cells -- a strategy a Rockville firm is testing to inoculate people against the swine flu in Mexico. Dozens of other high-tech approaches are also moving through the pipeline ...

Baxter International won approval last month to sell an H1N1 vaccine in Europe that uses a decades-old line of African green monkey kidney cells, and it is working on a vaccine for the United States.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/23/AR2...
This is just another step into the genetic experimentation that's displeasing to the Creator. >
Do you disapprove of our prophet's use of wine when she needed it?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service