Adventist Online

According to Sventh Day Adventist teachings and doctrines, does eating meat prohibited?If so what is the alternative?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be it made absolutely clear that there is definitely NO such doctrine nor teaching in the SDA church.

For there to be any such doctrine, there would need to be some Biblical precedent or mandate, so to do.

Even the writings of EGW, as replete as they are with the counsels regarding the healthier lifestyle, only offer 'good advice' as to the way we may maintain optimum health.

I, myself have been a vegetarian for more than three decades, and bear testimony to the benefits of such a lifestyle. I certainly do not seek to impose it on anyone, as if it is absolutely mandated for salvation.

The Bible gives adequate coverage of the pros and cons of this 'alternate diet'. Beginning at Genesis (1:29), God , Himself prescribed our diet, knowing what was BEST for our health and happiness. We are all aware of the story, of how we messed up our stewardship and God's remedy, in the flood, and the destruction of all vegetation , as a consequence.

Mankind , since the flood, have opted for flesh as the rule, rather than the exception, with the debilitating consequences.

God used the system of blood sacrifices to facilitate the plan of salvation. In fact, you could not be a faithful Hebrew and be a vegetarian as well. Every year, during the celebration of Yom Kippur, every Jew was required to ingest a piece of the lamb, on pain of death.

And the story goes on. Ultimately, it's up to the individual and the exposure to 'education' and one's level of conviction that will result in one crossing the road from a flesh diet to God's original plan for man's health and wellbeing.

Be advised that proper diet goes way beyond simply removing flesh from the diet. It is a comprehensive program that is certainly not for the faint of heart. As I speak, I am having a glass of wheat grass, as a dietary supplement.

All of us, given time, in these conditions, will die from one thing or another. I, however, want to 'live till I die'. Lifestyle diseases are terrifying us to a living hell.
LIFESTYLE:- God has given all of us life; the style with with we live it is up to us. Choose to live to the fullest.
Greater reforms should be seen among the people who claim to be looking for the soon appearing of Christ. Health reform is to do among our people a work which it has not yet done. There are those who ought to be awake to the danger of meat eating, who are still eating the flesh of animals, thus endangering the physical, mental, and spiritual health. Many who are now only half converted on the question of meat eating will go from God's people to walk no more with them. {CD 382.1}

It's always a personal choice, but lets be clear, what does the Bible say about how we treat our bodies?

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

It is a salvation issue if one eats meat and dairy to their own destruction.
Obviously there is no such doctrine in the church that would prohibit eating meat. The vast majority of SDAs eat meat. The North American Loma Linda Health Study of over 93,000 SDAs just determined that only 4% are vegan. End of story.
How many are vegetarian?
Going with the crowd because of sheer numbers is never safe.

Mat 7:13 Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

The majority of SDA's could end up lost too. What a tragedy. Satan will destroy many over appetite.

http://www.rememberthe4th.com/uploads/304_Udderly_Amazing.mp3

Above is Dr. Walter Vieth’s lecture upon cow’s milk. It is very eye opening. (audio)

The cancerous tuberculosis germs that are in cows milk are also in the meat.Church "doctrine" upon meat eating may not be the Lord's will for His people.

It is not just the eating of meat alone, generally it is the entire attitude that come s with it. A selfish, "me first" agenda. "I will do what I like regardless of the evidence." A head in the sand attitude.
do you mean "meet to eat meat?
lol
though the Firefox browser has its limitations, it does have spell check, along with Microsoft Word. I would say eating meat and dairy today is very dangerous.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Reasons for Discarding Flesh Foods.--Those who eat flesh are but eating grains and vegetables at second hand, for the animal receives from these things the nutrition that produces growth. The life that was in the grains and vegetables passes into the eater. We receive it by eating the flesh of the animal. How much better to get it direct, by eating the food that God provided for our use! {CG 382.2}
Flesh was never the best food; but its use is now doubly objectionable, since disease in animals is so rapidly increasing. Those who use flesh foods little know what they are eating. Often if they could see the animals when living and know the quality of the meat they eat, they would turn from it with loathing. People are continually eating flesh that is filled with tuberculous and cancerous germs. Tuberculosis, cancer, and other fatal diseases are thus communicated. {CG 382.3}

Greater reforms should be seen among the people who claim to be looking for the soon appearing of Christ. Health reform is to do among our people a work which it has not yet done. There are those who ought to be awake to the danger of meat eating, who are still eating the flesh of animals, thus endangering the physical, mental, and spiritual health. Many who are now only half converted on the question of meat eating will go from God's people to walk no more with them. {CD 382.1}
Yes Michael. I feel yur pain.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by