Adventist Online

Men & Women for the Boycotting of Anyone Who Rejects Headship and Gender Roles (WOPE)

Men and Women,

I propose that we band together under truth and principle and abjure associations with women who reject God's order.  We are instructed in Scripture to refuse the fellowship of  believers who live in immorality.  The Scripture counsel to remove them from our society may be the most effectual way to bring them to repentance and to a consent of the Truth.  By showing solidarity in refusing their association, we as men may by our influence and the grace of God convince them of their error.

"We must as a people arouse and cleanse the camp of Israel. Licentiousness, unlawful intimacy, and unholy practices are coming in among us in a large degree; and ministers who are handling sacred things are guilty of sin in this respect. They are coveting their neighbors' wives, and the seventh commandment is broken. We are in danger of becoming a sister to fallen Babylon, of allowing our churches to become corrupted, and filled with every foul spirit, a cage for every unclean and hateful bird; AND WILL WE BE CLEAR UNLESS WE MAKE DECIDED MOVEMENTS TO CURE THE EXISTING EVIL? {21MR 380.1}

"I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a . . . railer. . . ; with such an one no not to eat.  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person." 1 Cor. 5:11

"Avoid Divisions

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." Rom. 16:17,18

"We have a testing message to give, and I am instructed to say to our people, “Unify, unify.” But we are not to unify with those who are departing from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. With our hearts sweet and kind and true, we are to go forth to proclaim the message, giving no heed to those who lead away from the truth."Manuscript 31, 1906. {3SM 412.2}

For railing against God's order, against the plain reading of Scripture as its own expositor, for introducing variance and rebellion into the church, for rebelling against our pioneer fathers, and for bringing shame and reproach upon the cause of Jesus Christ's SDA Church, I propose that we boycott the courtship and friendship of women who call themselves Seventh-Day Adventist's, specifically those who reject male headship and gender roles, viz. male ordination only.  We demand from women a hermeneutic of the plain reading of Scripture, the Scripture as its own expositor, and the use of Miller's Rules of Prophetic Interpretation, and the rejection of the principle-based, historical-critical, or culturally constructed interpretation of God's Holy Word, and the attestation to the truth of gender roles, male headship, and male ordination only.

"God’s people cannot with safety enter into intimate associations with those who know the truth, but do not practice it. The patriarch Jacob, when speaking of certain deeds of his sons, which he contemplated with horror, exclaimed, “O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly mine honor, be not thou united.” He felt that his own honor would be compromised if he associated with sinners in their doings. He lifted the danger signal, warning us to shun wrong associations, lest we become tainted with evil. And the Holy Spirit, through the apostle Paul, utters a similar warning, “Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.”"—The Youth’s Instructor, February 4, 1897. {MYP 390.2}

Here are some quotes supporting our understanding of the way Scripture should be interpreted, and follow this link for William Miller's Rules of Prophetic Interpretation.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  2 Tim. 3:16

We must be careful lest we misinterpret the Scriptures. The plain teachings of the word of God are not to be so spiritualized, that the reality is lost sight of. Do not overstrain the meaning of sentences in the Bible in an effort to bring forth something odd in order to please the fancy. TAKE THE SCRIPTURES AS THEY READ. Avoid idle speculation concerning what will be in the kingdom of heaven.—Manuscript 30, 1904. {2NL 162.2}

Man will be left without excuse. God has given sufficient evidence upon which to base faith, if he wishes to believe. In the last days, the earth will be almost destitute of true faith. Upon the merest pretense, THE WORD OF GOD WILL BE CONSIDERED UNRELIABLE, WHILE HUMAN REASONING WILL BE RECEIVED, THOUGH IT BE IN OPPOSITION TO PLAIN SCRIPTURE FACTS.{ST March 20, 1879, par. 14}

Those who believe the Word of God as it reads are walking in the light; for the Bible is its own interpreter. {18MR 145.2}

The religion of Jesus Christ is within the grasp of even the youthful mind when taught from the plain letter of the word of God. It is then that Christian experience appears rational and beautiful. {ST February 3, 1876, par. 1}

Professed Christians often disregard the plain, positive teachings of the word of God, and feel no compunctions of conscience. In order to save such, God frequently brings them under the rod of affliction. {ST August 3, 1876, par. 5}

Those who are engaged in proclaiming the third angel’s message are searching the Scriptures upon the same plan that Father Miller adopted. In the little book entitled “Views of the Prophecies and Prophetic Chronology,” Father Miller gives the following simple but intelligent and important rules for Bible study and interpretation: {RH November 25, 1884, par. 23}

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron. 1 Tim. 4:1, 2.

God never contradicts Himself. Scripture proofs are misapplied if forced to testify to that which is not true. Another and still another will arise and bring in supposedly great light, and make their assertions. But we stand by the old landmarks. [1 John 1:1-10 quoted.]

"I take the Bible just as it is, as the Inspired Word. I believe its utterances in an entire Bible."—Selected Messages, book 1, p. 17.

"Those whom He [Christ] addressed regarded themselves as exalted above all other peoples. To them, they proudly boasted, had been committed the oracles of God. The earth was languishing for a teacher sent from God; but when He came just as the living oracles specified He would come, the priests and the instructors of the people could not discern that He was their Saviour, nor could they understand the manner of His coming. Unaccustomed to accept God's word exactly as it reads, or to allow it to be its own interpreter, they read it in the light of their maxims and traditions. So long had they neglected to study and contemplate the Bible, that its pages were to them a mystery. They turned with aversion from the truth of God to the traditions of men."—Manuscript 24, 1891.

"But it is very easy to put a false interpretation on scripture, placing stress on passages, and assigning to them a meaning, which, at the first investigation, may appear true, but which by further search, will be seen to be false. If the seeker after truth will compare scripture with scripture, he will find the key that unlocks the treasure house and gives him a true understanding of the word of God. Then he will see that his first impressions would not bear investigation, and that continuing to believe them would be mixing falsehood with truth."—Manuscript 4, 1896.

Views: 1949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If men only talk about themselves as being the head of the family and the woman should be subordinate to them, I would run. Such a man is probably a tyrant. If he remembers the love-part that Ephesians 5 is talking about, he is worth taking a closer look at. In that chapter it says that men should love their wives as Christ has loved the Church. Further down it says that men should love their wives as their own bodies. Also remember Jesus.... He was the head of the disciples, and he washed their feet at the Lord`s Supper. Christ was a humble man who wanted to serve others, because he loved/loves mankind.

Amen.  I agree with your definition of head, and I disagree with the modern theologian view of it being source, as this contradicts the Testimony of Jesus that we have, and also they have rejected the pioneer hermeneutic of proof-texting and have accepted higher criticism and principle based interpretation, so virtually every doctrine they now form is wrong in some way.

Yes, you're so right.  Women need to be very careful that the men they associate with properly understand their role.  Many have not diligently studied and have a superiority deficiency.  But now-a-days, many just aren't man enough to be a house band. 

We need to understand that when a man fails to follow and submit to Jesus, he ceases to be the head of the home.  He only has this authority to serve his family as he is walking with Jesus.

Amen.  Few men and women understand the role that they have.  Follow the Bible and everyone will be happy in the family. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service