Adventist Online

In the lesson study for this Quarter, the author posit that that there were two messianic prophecies, and that the first century Jewish Messianic expectation was one-sided. Can this argument be substantiated? Are there two Messianic prophecies? If it is found that there isn't two messianic prophecies and that Jesus had not fulfill any of the prophecies given by God, would you give up the Christian walk, or would you continue to have a relationship with God and look for Jesus to come? How do you reason.

Views: 523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I get it.

I do love the idea of part of the relationship to Jonah's experience being that Christ allowed Himself to become captive to the priests and elders.

I certainly don't agree with accepting the Roman Catholic doctrine that "in the heart of the earth" means in the grave. Ironic that the accusation against Friday to Sunday was that it is supposedly a Catholic invention but there's no objection to following the Roman Catholic doctrine that "in the heart of the earth" means the grave. It also downplays that fact that the Ninevites had no idea that Jonah had been swallowed by a fish and that it was his preaching of a repentance message that caused them to repent whereas those in Jerusalem who should have recognised the Messiah decided that it was better to kill him. 

"Heart of the earth" from Strong's:

G1093   (Strong)

γῆ

gē

ghay

Contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application): - country, earth (-ly), ground, land, world.

Total KJV occurrences: 252

I don't know why you have posted this but you are incorrect.

G1093 is "earth" not "heart of the earth"

In the Greek this phrase is made up of three separate words: G2588, G3588 and G1093.

You have cut and pasted the last of the three words that make up this phrase.

What is your reason for doing this?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by