Adventist Online

Greetings

I have a question and I unfortunately find myself asking questions that make others uncomfortable but I belive that we must examine and question our faith and beliefs. if we reach the limits of reason then well and good we shall arrived at the cloud of unknowing.

My Question is this : Did Jesus as human incarnate have the knowledge and memory of heaven. This question is motivated by the observation that Jesus had an unwavering commitment to His Mission

was this out of faith or it also came from the higher knowledge of knowing where the whole story of redemption was heading.

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He knew the prophecies because He studied with the right Spirit...The prophecy is found in Daniel 9:26 etc. If we studied and prayed  like Christ did we would also know like Him...

In John 5:39 Jesus says,

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

How did Jesus know that ancient scriptures even in his day testified of him?

Psalm 40:7Then I said, "Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me. 8I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart."…

Jesus knew these ancient text spoke of him because he inspired them before his coming into our earthly realm. Does this give Jesus an advantage?

We to often try to pretend that Jesus was just human, but Jesus was more than human. He was the WORD which became human and lived among us as a human man.  How many human people you know that lived some other existence before being born? Not just some other existence, but a God existence.

Philippians 2:6-7Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality. Instead, he emptied himself by taking on the form of a servant, by becoming like other humans, by having a human appearance.

Jesus did not use God card to crush the enemies of humanity, but he certainly understood who he was and where he was from, and his purpose for coming.

John 6:38 For I came down from Heaven, not to do my will, but to do the will of him who has sent me.

Hi Gene

Thanks for the reply which is in the same spirit as  that  of my questioning.

I feel ""advantage" maybe portraying a wrong impression. from a different angle i would ask the question can we have the same commitment and sense of purpose that Jesus had ? The Bible is filled with the saints including disciples that easily lost track of the vision and these are people that had walked with Jesus on this earth or had a physical encounter with the Lord. 

That's not a question we should concern ourselves with. Just focus on removing all doubt that God is who he say's he is by studying his word to affirm faith.  From there you have the simple choice to either believe or not believe.

Philippians 2:3 

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

2 Corinthians 13:5

Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Galatians 1:10

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Do you know of the Nicene Council. One of the things that were discussed was the Nature of Christ. What you now regard as your faith was based on a decision by a council and all i am doing is asking the same question they asked but in a different way. The verses that you sent actually affirm that the question is justified.

Do you know of the Nicene Council. One of the things that were discussed was the Nature of Christ. What you now regard as your faith was based on a decision by a council and all i am doing is asking the same question they asked but in a different way. The verses that you sent actually affirm that the question is justified.

Fidelis, I know of the Council of Nicene.  And those verses only affirm that question you pose should be one directed between yourself and God and definitely not worry about anyone having an advantage over you.  

Galatians 1:10 - For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

As I asked you before what is your point in asking these questions?  You seemed to avoid the question...  Also as I simply stated before Do you or do you not believe?  Trying to be on equal ground with anyone is a false goal.   The only goal when it comes to Christianity is to believe and have faith that doing as instructed saves.... not am I doing as good a job as x, y, or z.   If someone doesn't believe that nothing I or anyone else can change that.  

Doubt is the biggest weakness when it comes to faith.  Just focus on having faith and doing what the word says.  There will come a time where it will be too late to cry out for help because we doubt or rather focus on trivial matters when it comes to faith of Christianity.  

Please don't forget my questions if you choose to respond....

Matthew 14

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 

30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

To answer you, 

I do believe , my question was highlighted in a bible study of 2 weeks ago., where we were discussing Jonah, then the issue is how do these saints lose it yet they will have a rich experience with God. The purpose of the question is to explore why these "heroes of faith "have these lapses of faith. Í hope that gives a clear background to the question  and I appreciate your reply

we were discussing Jonah, then the issue is how do these saints lose it yet they will have a rich experience with God

When it comes to God, there is Good/Truth and Bad/Evil... no Gray.  God will be the ones who judges us and those that have come before us when Christ returns ..  The simple answer is God forgives... Humans may have a hard time getting over the mistakes/sins of others but that is a simple matter to God.  God judges those like Jonah by the conviction in their hearts when they put their faith in him, ask forgiveness and carry on with his word.  From that moment on the things they did in the past are washed away.  

Jonah forgot that when he avoided preaching God's message to the people of Ninevah,  To God all that mattered was whether Jonah's decision was based on good or bad motives. It didn't become clear to Jonah until he was placed through a life altering experience that put him on the path to redemption... The same redemption he initially sought to deny the Ninevites.    

The Bible never said whether Jonah would be saved, the story ended abruptly; but it did indicate that the most wicked man to ever live will be in the kingdom

Fidelis 

And why can you not have the same commitment as Jesus had. There is plenty of examples of People becoming martyrs. Sadly as you point out here some do not have that faith. Clearly they should not be our example. Is it that you think that you can be excused because you did not see the Lord in real life?

John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service