Adventist Online

Good day brothers and sisters, do have a wonderful Sabbath experience.

Today my question to you comes from my study of the underpinning principles that guide Muslims. The question is do you think that Muslims who serve God would live with Him eternally? If Yes or No, why?

Views: 1370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again, this brings back from an earlier post.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge,I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. -Hosea 4:6

If we present the truth to someone such as a Muslim, and knowingly and fully rejects it they will be held accountable. But, if a person who lives accordingly without hearing the gospel, God will still save them. 
One more thing, not many SDA's won't be in heaven because they will accept the image of the beast or continue to sin without repentance. 

All true. We don't know what criteria that Jesus uses to judge those who have never heard of Him. But it seems clear that those who HAVE heard if Him, but reject Him as savior (no Muslim can claim that they have neither heard of Jesus nor heard of His claims to be the Savior) are under the text I quoted.

But it seems clear that those who HAVE heard if Him, but reject Him as savior (no Muslim can claim that they have neither heard of Jesus nor heard of His claims to be the Savior) are under the text I quoted.

God has children, many of them, in the Protestant churches, and a large number in the Catholic churches, who are more true to obey the light and to do [to] the very best of their knowledge than a large number among Sabbathkeeping Adventists who do not walk in the light.

— Ellen White, Selected Messages, book 3, p.386

Of course, every single Muslim knows about Jesus as him being a prophet. I'm going to give you an another illustration. I used to be Roman Catholic, including my parents. 

My mother went to Catholic Schools all of her life except her final years in college. Now of course they are going to teach that Sunday is the "Lords Day" She used to accept that.

Now, we should all understand is that it's not their fault that they are being taught that Jesus is a prophet. I'm pretty sure that the religious leaders of the Islamic religion are the ones who knows the truth but they are influencing their worshipers  what to believe. Same deal in the Catholic Church. But, from the quote that I posted, well, there are many in all faiths and walks of life who walk in the light but many SDA's do not. That's something that we should think about. 

Sleeper Cell.

ELLEN IS A "PROPHET", BUT DONT PUT YOUR SALVATION ON HER.

Good day brothers and sisters,

permit me to add to this discussion. Given your responses, one what evidence is there that Muslims are worshiping a false god? Have you ever observe them paying homage to a physical object or is it the case that they pray to an invisible, superior Being? Second, given that adherents of Judaism and Islam view Jesus as a prophet, and where this belief was extradited from the gospels, can it be safely argued that adherents of these faiths would not live with Jehovah, who they believe in, eternally? Third given Paul's argument(s) on what one must do to see Jehovah's face, is it a viable argument? If yes or no why? Four, Would Jesus'argument that if anyone who believe on Him, even His name would be more applicable to Jews and Muslims, and for those believe in Him and the work He came to do - that is to point others to worship of God? 

Thanks for your reply Garth, Is it not interesting that the two leading false religions are each using the Sun and the Moon. While they are both pretending they do not. Here is what I have found on the Moon cult 

Crescent Moon meaning

"Returning to the geometric significance of the Ka'bah, Professor Hawkins has argued that it is exceedingly accurately aligned on two heavenly phenomena. These are the cycles of the moon and the rising of Canopus, the brightest star after Sirius. In a thirteenth-century Arabic manuscript by Mohammed ibn Abi Bakr Al Farisi it is stated that the alignment is set up for the setting crescent moon - an ancient symbol of the virgin-goddess which still appears in the national flags of many Islamic nations. In some flags - Algeria, Mauritania, Tunisia and Turkey - the crescent is accompanied by a star, perhaps representing Canopus."

As far as I'm aware the crescent and star combination has a heritage directly linked to the Babylonian cult of Inana (who if I'm not mistaken was usually depicted as crowned with the crescent and star combination) - and with the numerous other equivalent female fertility cults of near eastern antiquity (e.g., the cult of Isis). Its subsequent adoption as an Islamic symbol is similar to the Christian appropriation of pagan symbolism elsewhere (e.g., the various European "Black Madonnas"), and is a testament to the persistence of ancient systems of belief into late antiquity and early modern times.

Hilal (Arabic: هلال‎) is an Arabic term, first developed in pre-Islamic Arabia, meaning crescent moon--specifically, the very slight crescent moon that is first visible after a new moon. Muslims look for the hilal when determining the beginning and end of Islamic months, but they don't worship it. The Quran says: "And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Prostrate not to the sun nor to the moon, but prostrate to Allah Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." (41:37). The need to determine the precise time of the appearance of the hilal was one of the inducements for Muslim scholars to study astronomy.

For hundreds of years, the Ottoman Empire ruled over the Muslim world. After centuries of battle with Christian Europe, it is understandable how the symbols of this empire became linked in people's minds with the faith of Islam as a whole.

Based on this history, many Muslims reject using the crescent moon as a symbol of Islam. The faith of Islam has historically had no symbol, and many refuse to accept what is essentially an ancient pagan icon. It is certainly not in uniform use among Muslims.

The so-called Luna, half moon, or sickle of the moon, also waning and waxing moon, is a sign of fertility, related to life and death, and thus a popular symbol in many religions. It pinpoints changing seasons, ebb and tide (and related inundations as harbingers of fertility), and the feminine menstrual cycle. The half moon was the attribute of Luna and more specifically of Selene. It was later transferred to Diana (Artemis), offspring of the earth mother, and known not only as a virgin but also as protectress of the newborn and symbol of fertility in her own right. Biblical references use the moon symbol to highlight cosmic events, divine epiphanies and the ephemeral nature of human life and history (see, for example, Isaiah 30,26; 60,19; Revelations 21,23). Patristic times saw in the symbol of the moon, or the mysterium lunae, i.e. the three phases of the moon: dying (waning), generating (waxing) and giving birth (full moon) a valid representation of the Church (ecclesia). Ecclesia is virginal and "dying" in the encounter with Christ, the bridegroom; she is maternal and life-giving in her spousal relation with the redeemer, and resplendent in her grace-filled existence.

What I have seen about Mohamed I know he was not in favour of the symbol as he preferred that no symbol was used. But after his death, there was some who wanted to use the symbol and in the same way that Sunday was imposed on the Christian's so the Moon symbol was slowly Imposed on Islam we see many Mosks sporting the Crescent moon on the rooftop.

Revelation 9 has this to say on the subject:

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. 7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Image result for catholic symbols sun

Good morning Elijah,

I write to thank you for your posts. I find it was balanced, and it underscored that even though there is symbol impose and accepted over time, Muslims worship God.

On the other hand, what one has to question you on is you inference to these major religions being false. As such, I ask what makes them false? 

They worship a god, but not Yaweh.  Mohamad chose the moon god, a false god.  Now, Garth, if you wish to worship false gods, that is your choice.  You can go to the Vatican and kiss the to of Jupiter if you really want to.  That is your choice.

Thanks for your reply Garth, I find your Ignorance disturbing. The Book of Revelation Chapter 9 Points out the Cult of Islam has a King (Leader) who is Satan. Chapter 13 Points out how the Catholic Cult is also lead by Satan. Both of these Sects pretend to worship the true God while they are actually worshipping Satan. Both Religions Have a false Sabbath one on each side of the true Sabbath. As I pointed out before each of those religions have the two most noticeable heavenly bodies as their emblem.

They are also both breaking the first 4 commandments.

Good day Elijah,Heisenberg

As such, can it be argued that both the children of Abraham - The Children of Israel and Ishmael are going to be consumed with fire when Jehovah sets His Judgement at the second resurrection?  On the other hand, isn't it from the Jews that one gets Sabbath?

Moreover, Heisenberg, what evidence do you have that prophet Muhammad 'ibn Abdullah chose a false god? Who told you so, and where did they get their information from?

Moreover, given my in depth and on going assessment of this religion, one can come to the conclusion that Islam is Christianity with a twist but with the ultimate intent to serve God in everything that an adherent does.

However, to put somethings in context, how would you as an Adventist reconcile that your faith have a prophetess which many adherent subscribe to through her writings to that of adherents of Islam subscribing to the sunnah - prophet Muhammad explanation so to speak of the Qur'an. Isn't it the case that these faith have similar and different characteristics in varying areas?

Moreover, have any of you done an in depth study of Islam?

Garth at that time anyone who chose the right God would become a Jew. Remember many persons were adopted into Abraham's family. All the members of his household were not born from him.

Therefore if someone chose the true God there would be no reason to create a new religion....

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service