Adventist Online

Good day brothers and sisters, do have a wonderful Sabbath experience.

Today my question to you comes from my study of the underpinning principles that guide Muslims. The question is do you think that Muslims who serve God would live with Him eternally? If Yes or No, why?

Views: 1228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good day Elijah,

I write to thank you for your response; however, permit me to correct you. First, with respect to the segment taken from Dr. Luke's records of event, that statement must be taken within context of the situation that Jesus disciples were facing. The disciples are correct for if God had not sacrifice His Son, and if His decided not to come on our behalf, what would be God's next move is something to reason. Moreover, given their circumstance, invoking the name of Jesus coupled with God's Spirit was by effect the means to draw men, women and children to turn to the living God. In other words, the miracles wrought amongst the Jews and the disciples were serving as a means to win souls for God's kingdom; and that there is power in Jesus name.

On the other hand, and on a point of correction, I said that given that Muslims believe in God, and that they seek a relationship with Him, and that they live their lives in honour of HIm. Moreover they would be accepted by God for believing in Him as He is the Father and God over all. For if one has to go with your reasoning, Noah and his boys; Abraham and so on will face God's wrath.

Moreover, it would not be everyone who is an adherent of Islam as it would be the case for Christianity,that would see God's face - they are unrepentant and choose to continue in their evil ways  and serving Satan.

So my friend, in treating with a biblical material, it is best to look at the situation and context. best regards

Your second and third paragraphs are difficult to understand...

In any case, what scripture or text are you using to support your premise in your opening paragraph? Are you insinuating that the Jews and the disciples did not know God therefore Jesus had to come to turn them back to God? Are you also saying that the Muslims and Jews, it our time, know God therefore they don't need Jesus?

How does one know the living God? Is the Living God revealed in Person or is He revealed only through His Son? Can humans-sinful beings, approach the 'living God' without the Saviour?
So, Garth, according to you, the life and death are a convenient but not very important, and certainly not essential, part of God’s Efforts to save humanity.

And your response neglects one really important part, which I am only now beginning to understand is part of what you have been saying. That important part revolves around the question of who Jesus Christ actually is. The fact of the Trinity is that Jesus Christ is God as much as the Father is God. Jesus said, “I, if I be lifted up, will draw all men to ME..”. (Caps mine). I don’t think you really get that Jesus is and was not merely someone who carried a prophets message. He carried the salvation He promised, Himself.

Good day Jack, In response to your argument, Jehovah's mandate is that all will live with Him and His Christ forever. We had a problem that was affecting that mandate. Adam and Eve's disobedience. Mission: reverse the curse. Man for the Job: Yeshua. Mission complete. One irrespective of location

You are making a big mistake in extrapolating the nature of God on human understanding here. Do yourself a favour read "The Great Controversy" By EG White. 

Garth, and yet we “all” don’t get to “live with Him forever”. Only those who allow Him to save them through faith in Jesus Christ are saved. The Man who is God.

Garth, do you believe that salvation today is through Jesus Christ? Or do you believe that one can hear of Him, reject Him and His sacrifice, and still be saved? Do you believe that Muslims of today accept Him or reject Him as their Savior? Your argument seems to be that Muslims of today, even if they have heard of Jesus Christ, are still saved if they love Allah and act right.

I believe you have succinctly captured his understanding on this issue. 

Jack, let me as you this question I asked Reasoning.

Why are the righteous saved?

Garth thanks for your reply. I must say you do not get it, do you? Reading between the lines of your post here it seems like you think that the battle between God and Satan is just like a computer game to you. You get the order of how salvation is done according to the Bible wrong as well. You see the God via the Holy Spirit draws all men to Jesus, not the other way around as you seem to think. So the Text I quoted is quite correct in that respect. It is the only Name we can be sawed by. 

So your appaling understanding of the bible is just reprehensible. I know small kids here in Sabbath School that knows the workings of salvation better than you seem to do. 

I concede that a Muslim that did newer hear about Jesus may well be saved, but these days most Muslims have heard about Jesus and have rejected him and therefore can not be saved. You also need to consider that the Quran talks about Jesus, so that will leave your Muslim friends with no excuse.  

Good day brethren,

I thank you all for your responses and questions. I would answer them in this one post. with respect to salvation, it good sire is an exercise of leading men back to Jehovah. It is an exercise of one forsaking his or her nefarious acts if he or she perpetuates such, and serving God/Jehovah/Yahweh by doing good deeds and being an exemplar that can lead anyone whom you work or interact with to live the life you live. It is an exercise of enduring and maturing as one face varying situations. One also has to treat with any decision he or she had made as part of that maturing process. However,  Yeshua/Jesus was the main Character that grants us full access to God - that is God sacrificing His Son, and Jesus willing to do His Father's will, everyone on this planet has an opportunity to go to God directly.

On the other hand, I do not think you assertion that Muslims have heard and reject Jesus is a valid one. From one's in depth and continuing assessment shows that Muslim have love and respect for Jesus. Let me ask, do you know that they believe that Jesus will return?  Moreover with respect to the chapter you quoted for me, I will like you to read the verses that follow; and with regard to the Holy Spirit acting upon and through the 120 disciples  was the Chief Architect in helping the disciples to be fishers of men. All praise be to God for His Spirit, and Spirit of God I thank you for coming that men would know that there is a God in Israel that loves and loves dearly.

Brethren, I am aware that naturally one would resist any concept that challenges his or her religious perspective. That is fine. It is for you to assess and make the necessary adjustment if you so want.

God bless.

Garth said: I would answer them in this one post. with respect to salvation, it good sire is an exercise of leading men back to Jehovah. It is an exercise of one forsaking his or her nefarious acts if he or she perpetuates such, and serving God/Jehovah/Yahweh by doing good deeds

This is truly a works oriented understanding Garth, in accomplishing salvation Christ atoned for all there is nothing we can add to that, not good works or burning candles to Mary. Climbing Pilates stairs on your knees repeating the Lords Prayer at every step.  Absolutely nothing!

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1Co 6:20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

Good day Elijah,

permit me to give you the Master's words to reason. When the Almighty comes to reward He will reward according to the deeds. believing in God is one, but living and serving him has to be be blended in. So if one thinks he can stay stagnant, or live as he or she pleases, they would have a surprise coming. Again, as I share with a fellow respondent, understand the context.

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service