Adventist Online

http://youtu.be/2QclRtzJAD4

My view is that we are too near to the Promise Land to be fussing about something that is not Salvific. It is Satan's subtle wiles to distract us from the weightier matters of these end times and lure us into hell quarrelling about foolishness. As an ordained elder it matters not to me, whether or not women are ordained. Women have been fully involved in the mission and ministry of the church, no ordination is necessary for their involvement. We are down to Rev 11:18. The nations of the world are angry about the bigger more serious matters of the crisis world- probation is about to be closed and the wrath of God will be poured out.  We need to get pass this. It is not necessary. Let us stop wasting precious time and go out to snatch sinners from destruction.

You may comment.

Views: 3211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Persons who are carnal minded cannot see or comprehend the things of God so they are deceived in believing what was orchestrated by the enemy. See

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12(KJV)

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Our emphasis now should be for church unity and the Latter Rain so that we can endure the times that are upon us.

All our beliefs must be based on a Holy Spirit interpretation  of Bible scripture because if we don't then we will not get the true meaning. Lets take the following portions of text as an example. This text is used as one of the pillars of male only ordination (MOO)

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"

The proponents of MOO state that the "Husband of one wife" part is a command  to only ordain men. If it is a command as they state then they only apply half of the command because often single and men and men whose wives passed away are also allowed to be or remain ordained.  The "one wife" part often gets conveniently forgotten about. If they state it is a command they certainly apply it very inconsistently.

"One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;"

Again a consistent application of the MOO "command" will require that men who have no children cannot be ordained. What about men who lost all their children while being ordained ? Will these men be asked to stand down.

You see we cannot take a portion of the text and apply it's strict literal meaning and then not apply it to the rest of scripture. That is not how Bible scripture ought to be used.

Actually proponents of submitting to what God has ordained.  So many people assume they know more than God and make Him a god.

Now, according to your logic can I have 10 wives?

That is exactly my argument that we cannot put our own twist on scripture. You cannot apply half measures to scripture. Consistency is required.

So, again, by the argument that we should set aside God's standards as clearly outlined in scripture and put women in a role not intended, should I not also have the same principal applied and have 10 wives as also not a role intended as a role by women?

Heisenberg your interpretation of that scripture will not allow single or childless men to be ordained. Obviously there are problems and contradictions with that approach ?

ZJ

The one that has problems with that text is you.

One, you are using only one text

Two, we should not ground a doctrine on one text.

As Heisenberg says that you so conveniently Ignore what the rest of the Bible has to say on the subject, because there is plenty. 

Yes Ian. I do understand that a doctrine cannot be established on one text. Infact gender equality, unlike Male Headship, was established at creation. besides that there there are numerous text as well EG White that supports gender equality in ministry. Ordination as a whole has no or very little preceptive merits which is why, besides the WO issue, the GC is considering ordination as a whole and how  as a denomination we can apply it more strictly to Biblical requirements.

ZJ

Thanks for your reply, seeing you have so many text to back up your argument I would be interested to see some of those please.

Happy Sabbath

Indeed, I would also be interested in a complete thesis of the position.

Here you have started another moot point Ian. I care not about Women ordination but if the church cares about it I can say some of the best and strongest leaders are women.

I agree, but that boat has sailed unfortunately. Proponents of WO have pushed the issue too far.  The issue has went far beyond just WO. It has now reached the level of attacking the very methods we have used to formulate all our doctrines. If we accept the idea to ordain woman, we accept their unbliblical method of interpreting scripture.  As a result, we have no choice but to meet the issue head on.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service