Adventist Online

http://youtu.be/2QclRtzJAD4

My view is that we are too near to the Promise Land to be fussing about something that is not Salvific. It is Satan's subtle wiles to distract us from the weightier matters of these end times and lure us into hell quarrelling about foolishness. As an ordained elder it matters not to me, whether or not women are ordained. Women have been fully involved in the mission and ministry of the church, no ordination is necessary for their involvement. We are down to Rev 11:18. The nations of the world are angry about the bigger more serious matters of the crisis world- probation is about to be closed and the wrath of God will be poured out.  We need to get pass this. It is not necessary. Let us stop wasting precious time and go out to snatch sinners from destruction.

You may comment.

Views: 3211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow their are some ugly comments being made here jason

keith,

Perhaps we have a communication problem here, because, from my side, as I read your posts I see that they are mainly negative towards the church and our beliefs. Perhaps it is the way you phrase things but I do not see enquiry here but I do see sarcasm and assumptions about the positions others take. However, if I am honest I suspect that some of my reaction to you may have been in part because I was starting to get confused between your responses and Herbert's.

I agree that we need to be truthful about our beliefs - and that can mean confronting some touchy issues - just today I found myself questioning the validity of a lot of our teachings, including the seventh-day Sabbath.

However, there is a difference between having questions, or doubts, and acting as the devil's advocate. Reviewing just this thread, you have not engaged in the subject in hand but have turned this thread towards the question of whether EGW was ordained or not.

Maybe you are being honest here but from my point of view I see much of what you write as being loaded and from your responses I gauge that you will not accept anything other than what you have decided, so, sorry, I don't see you asking coming simply to explore questions but rather I am convinced that there is an agenda. If I am wrong then I am sorry but that is how you come across to me.

JOHN,

The thread was about WO. the question I asked was if our leader EGW was an ordained minister, why are we so against the ordination of women. the reply I got was, she wasn't. so I asked why did the conference issue her a certificate of ordination, and that's when all the arguing began.

I asked the same question in our SS class after the discussion here and it was discussed and it was agreed she was ordained on paper even if not with laying on of hands. It was done in Christian love no big issue

Sorry I up set the apple cart, I'm just used to a little less defensive mentality.

I'll stay out of this group. I really don't feel anyone should feel so superior as to tell some one to leave the Church just because they differ on beliefs.

Keith

Sorry to be so late on coming back on to this discussion/forum. John even on the forum, when we are confronted with situations like these we just need to invoke the presence and power of the Holy Spirit because we should realize that it is the devil that has pushed up it ugly to cause disagreement, disunity and dissention. We do not want to pass any wrong judgment so we must tread slowly and cautiously.

Keith 

show us the other forms of ordination from scripture 

Ex.29

Lev.8.

OK Keith

and when do we sacrifice animals to ordain priests?

OK guys,

I'm not undermining the beliefs of the church. I guess I'm used to discussing points with people that have open minds, not set agendas. People that don't take everything that is said as an attack, people that love the church and want to see the gospel given to the world.

I know when I'm not wanted, so for the second time I'm finished. No matter what I would say, you would say it was wrong, so I'm of no use to you.

God bless you all,

Keith

It 's no wonder people are leaving the SDA church faster than we can bring them in, with remarks like that. Christ didn't treat people like that.

(just getting a chance to respond to the post from end of October) Keith you should not opt and hop out of my forum. Please feel free to continue.

Permalink Reply by keith mack on October 28, 2014 at 10:16am

It 's no wonder people are leaving the SDA church faster than we can bring them in, with remarks like that. Christ didn't treat people like that.

Redva Respnding

(just getting a chance to respond to the post from end of October)

I just want to say it is unfortunate that we fail to love each other in so much so that even on a forum of this nature Keith has to make a statement like this. My apology Keith. I remind the offenders of this text. Take it seriously.

Matthew 18:6

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

What is this all about Paul? (just getting a chance to respond to the post from end of October)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service