Adventist Online

EGW did prophecy things that didnt happen. Does this not render her as a false prophet? the main one is when she siad Jesus would return in her time. We all know she now sleeps until the resurrection. How can we justify this failed prophecy?

Views: 546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

In need... Said : "I told you take it to the bible. So here we go, and I am only going to respond to the meat eating. I am not going to go to the dress issue, but I will address meat eating."

Right, because you have nothing to go to on the dress (pants) issue!

So scratch one off your two topic list... It never was an issue, of course in your view it was, but it was base on assumptions on your part. That's why your not going to address it.
Now, I'm open to be corrected, but you would have to actually have something, right now on this issue of pants, you got nothing!!!!

In need... Said: "You just made a failed attempt of justifying your reasons for not eating meat by saying this is why SDA decided on a healthier diet. "

Huh!? I haven't gotten there yet, but because it's healthy for my body, it's a goal of mine to stop eating flesh. GOD knows it's healthier for the body, that's why it wasn't part of our diet in the beginning and it won't in the new earth.

In need... Said : "To add to that, God told us what to eat and what not to eat, but because EGW said not to do it, you decide to follow her and not God's counsel, this my friend is not an assumption. "

Yes, it is an assumption... GOD, because of our sins and the flood allowed us to eat meat. Yes, your right, HE did tell us what to and not to eat. However, HE didn't say it was mandatory to eat flesh. Do you believe it's mandatory for people to eat the flesh that GOD said it was ok to eat?

In need... Said: "Let me just for a moment address meat: The SDA church presents EGW as the source for why you chose a healthier diet. They are not able to present topics from scripture as to why we should not eat meat. Your reasons is supported by counsel or inspiration by EGW. So try to twist what you want. That my friend is not an assumption. "

Yes, it is an assumption.... What a shame, you don't even see it, or maybe you do. The source of why the 7th day Adventist Church teaches it's a healthier diet is base on the Bible. You saying other wise doesn't make it so... All spectrums of the medical field agrees that it's a healthier diet for the body.

the Bible says that a non-flesh food was meant for us...

Gen. 2: 9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Daniel ate a plant base diet and his countenance was fairer and fatter in flesh, this shows a plant base diet is healthier for us.

Of course we know there won't be anybody eating flesh in the new earth, why do you think that is? Because it's healthier, what do you think?

In need.. Said : "But keep running on with your beliefs. One day you may take the blinders off."

Yes, I'll keep "running" with what the Bible teaches.. Blessings!! :)

Is it not amazing those who dislike EGW writings accuses those who like her writings of worshiping her. 

I for one Likes EGW writings as they have helped me to understand the Bible better. As EGW said herself 

The Lord has sent His people much instruction, line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, and there a little. Little heed is given to the Bible, and the Lord has given a lesser light to lead men and women to the greater light. Oh, how much good would be accomplished if the books containing this light were read with a determination to carry out the principles they contain! There would be a thousandfold greater vigilance, a thousandfold more self-denial and resolute effort. And many more would now be rejoicing in the light of present truth. {CM 125.2}

I always reference the Bible when reading EGW.  It seems logical to study in critical mode to prove what she said.  There is nothing wrong with this.  I have learned things from EGW's  writings that I never knew and I would say that in doctrine SDA are far more advanced in what they know of the Bible because of EGW.  Other denominations are very simplistic and bore me to tears if I have to sit and listen to them. 

As far as meat eating question.  You can use the Bible, but in this day in age why would you eat meat?  All the corn and soy grown around me is GMO and sprayed with things like Round-Up.  At harvest time I get sick from the dust. This corn and soy gets fed to animals where these poisons are concentrated, then they are fed a steady diet of antibiotics. Then when these meat animals are butchered and the meat is exposed to more toxins and biohazards.  Given all this, the New Testament is clear that we should honor our bodies, our temples.  Unbelievers who do not know of EGW or the Bible know this.  I only know one SDA who feeds and butchers his own beef, even so I wonder if he gets all the blood out.  You are right the "dislike" is because they want to do what they want to do.  Ellen White was right, meat is not fit to eat in this day and age.  I could go on and on about meat eating and I am the son of a cattle rancher.  So I have a good idea from start to finish what goes on with "clean" meat.  It is not at all like when my father and grandfather hung up a beef 40 years ago.  They were clean and humane and took out all the blood.  Large feed lots and processing plants are inhumane and feed un-natural grains to Cattle and now with boxed beef the meat stews in blood and urea.  Ellen White said not to eat it, well she was way before her time. 

Peace

Jay: "the main one is when she siad Jesus would return in her time. We all know she now sleeps until the resurrection. How can we justify this failed prophecy?"

Jay: "i need a full explanation on these matters. GOD BLESS!"

Hey brother Jay Exodus, I believe too much focus is on EGW, when it should be on what is taught and then go to the Bible. Wouldn't you agree?

But you need help right... and that's what we are here for, to help one another..,, so, what is the subject matter?
I mean I know you say EGW said something about Jesus coming in the time of her life, what exactly are you referring to?

Thank you.. Blessings!

Still amazed that in a thread where someone asks for help to defend EGW the anti-EGW group troop in and do exactly the opposite of what the OP is requesting. Also amazed that those who dare to suggest staying on-topic and actually helping the OP are immediately subject to character assassination.

So it descends into another "she's right / she's wrong" fight. Although I must admit there is a new twist now... I am mildly amused that the main accuser of EGW seems to do so on the basis that "I don't know what she said that's wrong or where it can be found but whatever it is she said that I can't remember - it was wrong and that proves she's false." All that despite the fact that the OP has yet to advise what quote he is referring to, yet we can rest assurred that it was wrong.

No doubt it is wrong because anyone who thinks EGW is inspired is a brainwashed worshipper and therefore wrong no matter what they say.  Love the crazy logic being applied but concerned that this board has got so many non-SDAs on here now fighting against the beliefs of the church.

Ok, you may now proceed to mercilessly villify me for daring to promote mainstream SDA beliefs on an SDA site.

JB, Let me help you.  I don't have to present evidence of why I don't follow EGW.  Reasoning just said it, counsel from EGW says it is healthier to not eat meat, but God told us what not to eat.   If that is not going against God, then I don't know what is.  I am not here to defend EGW or present her messages.   You can do that.  But the fact that you and others do so because she said, is enough.     Wearing pants because counsel from EGW says to protect your limbs, when our Father in Heaven said otherwise, is proof enough..

One Goal, is to justify your actions..   People who eat meat get cancer, people who don't eat meat get cancer, so keep doing what EGW says, and not what the Almighty says if you chose.   Keep staying in your place.  One day you will understand.

You ever see a Pastor speak on scripture and say God said we should not/could not eat meat.   I haven't I chose to eat it.   So I don't try to defend EGW, if I can't and her word is proven over and over I have decided to stick to the word of God.  Because when I do that, I never have a problem.

You don't realize this is displeasing to God.  Do not take from nor add to my word.

So you keep living the way you chose.   I will keep doing what I do, but this lame excuse for needing evidence of what she said is so old and worn.  That to me is worse then my not being able to present the messages from EGW.    You are using her as the reason you don't do things, but say I have no evidence, that is just ..........  nuf said.

A fairly typical reply. I have stated repeatedly that I was a vegetarian long before I heard of Ellen White but you will ignore what others say if it disturbs your assumptions. You make claims about EGW with no evidence but you repeat these claims over and over and then get offended when others ask you where these things are that EGW supposedly said. You have your opinions but that is all they are. Baseless claims that are unassailable because the only evidence of these claims are that you think she said them.
Thus is the worse kind of prejudice - I don't know what she said but I am against whatever it is she did say.
If you don't try to defend EGW why are you making so many responses in a thread which was begun by someone who is asking for help in defending EGW. Just trying to stir up trouble? I wonder why you did respond at all?

I will also ask you to stop lying about others, do you not think that is displeasing to God? Can you produce one post wherein I have used her as the reason for not doing something, or will you admit that you just made that bit up?

A fairly typical reply. I have stated repeatedly that I was a vegetarian long before I heard of Ellen White but you will ignore what others say if it disturbs your assumptions. You make claims about EGW with no evidence but you repeat these claims over and over and then get offended when others ask you where these things are that EGW supposedly said.

Lets speak typical this is not about JB or INOP this is about God. EGW inspiration is often spoken here to support why we should not eat meat, but you are trying to make me out to be a liar, and you call me a liar. Really, twisting words is the same thing in my book. So be careful captain dangerous. Offended, no, I don't study her word, I read her messages years ago, and have no desire to do so again. But enough evidence has been presented here. Twist all you want to eat that way but the fact remains, people chose not to follow Christ on the Sabbath as per this thread, that is disturbing to me. But you think you can change them, God changes people and the way for that to happen is in Spirit and Truth.

Thus is the worse kind of prejudice - I don't know what she said but I am against whatever it is she did say.

Said it before and will say it again, I don't have the exact post because I read them years ago, and compared them to the bible, and they did not match. I did my study then, chose not to do it again. So to clarify that point, maybe it came out wrong,but that is where I stand. I have no problem answering concerns about Christ with the Bible. Don't have to worry about discrepancies with EGW

I will also ask you to stop lying about others, do you not think that is displeasing to God? Can you produce one post wherein I have used her as the reason for not doing something, or will you admit that you just made that bit up?

Maybe an incorrect statement, but you are truly good at twisting words. So maybe during typing I forgot your posts. But not deliberate. But it works for you.

If you don't try to defend EGW why are you making so many responses in a thread which was begun by someone who is asking for help in defending EGW. Just trying to stir up trouble? I wonder why you did respond at all?

What you don't think my point is of value the point being she did speak some error, and if it will be a stumbling block to others, why use her. Stick to scripture. Or do you want everyone to not come to God? I am just asking, not assuming, or not confirming that is a question, before you take it and twist it.   

Jay

EGW is a prophet, ad she writes Hebrew into English, thus you can understand Scripture in Hebrew when you read EGW Hebrew as English, the text of her inspiration I have done...

http://spiritualsprings.org/ss-1061.htm   here.

As for prophecy that did not come true, maybe it was conditional..... Like Jonah

Shalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by