Adventist Online

Not trying to bring politics into the forum. But I just cant help to see how these laws which seem beneficial and harmless, are but pushing us closer to the  national sunday  law.

Views: 3249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you think someone with insurance is any less likely to need assistance than someone without it?

Sarah said....2.  If you do not have insurance and refuse ACA, pay the penalty and all of your future medical bills without asking for help from anyone, including the church.

That is not freedom, Sarah. Take a look at the world around you because if the world is getting chaotic each moment, it seems that Christ return is soon. So the ACA does have a role with the National Sunday Law. Well, you may have insurance now, but your coverage will be taken away soon since millions of Americans has lost theirs. 

Okay, I need to elaborate one more thing that Sarah said on her previous post..

all of your future medical bills without asking for help from anyone, including the church.

That's right, our freedoms are being taken away. That's not freedom! Thanks to Dictator Obama #FAIL

Not only would millions of Americans have their insurance removed,but they have to pay a fine for not having it. Does that make sense?Um,well,that's the new healthcare. Are you loving it,Sarah?
"The affordable act is here to stay". That's what our president just said!
Yes it's here to stay,and that is,whether we like it or not.is that freedom to you?

Definitely appears as though they are testing their boundaries.

John, believe it or not there are people and families who actually want to have health insurance.

This is not a coercive move for them...

If you do not have insurance and do not want ACA for whatever your reasons, fine.  Simply pay the fine and remember not to ask for for financial help to pay a future medical bill that may arise.  Also don't "only" take your family members to the emergency room to handle general medical maintenance without paying 100% of the bill up front.  Also, please make sure that the church is not asked to pay the bill.  It's just that simple.

I disagree with your love of ACA but I was told by my tax Preparer that I did not need to sign up that all I needed was my current insurance. So you are correct Sarah, in this point.  

LOLOL!!! I do not have "a love for ACA"!  I HAVE INSURANCE, PRAISE THE LORD and do not need it. :)

I do know presently of people who want and need it--and are benefiting from having it without a high premium.

This may work for some. But not for the majority of citizens. It may seem like it's done for the benefit of the people,but most don't believe so.

I agree, but I don’t think there’s anything sinister behind it, it’s a matter of $$$$, and the escalating coast of healthcare. At least there is some benefit to many people who are in need of the various allocations under the ACT.

Of every dollar spent on health services in the U.S. in 2006, 46 cents came directly from government sources.

Health care  spending in the U.S. grew from 7 percent in 2005 to, 8.8 percent2006, a marked increase over the 3.6 percent rise. 10

The U.S. spent more than $2 trillion dollars on health care,11 or $7,026 per capita, in 2006.12 This is about twice as much per capita as countries such as Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany and Japan.13

In 1960, U.S. health spending accounted for just 5.2 percent of the gross domestic product; today it accounts for 16 percent of GDP.14

Health care spending in the United States totaled nearly $2.6 trillion in 2010. Of total spending, half (51 percent) goes to pay the cost of medical services provided by hospitals and physicians.

Most observers agree that reform is necessary, …health care spending is escalating rapidly, administrative costs are excessive, and medical errors (including overuse and underuse of medications and procedures) are rampant. (Health Care Reform: Why? What? When? 2005)

Information taken from:

http://www.aetna.com/health-reform-connection/aetnas-vision/facts-a...

http://www.allhealth.org/publications/Cost_of_health_care/health_ca...

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/24/6/1399.full

"I was told by my tax Preparer that I did not need to sign up that all I needed was my current insurance. So you are correct Sarah, in this point. "

Thank you!  Thank you for also acknowledging that John, Zowi, and others who believe it is being "forced" on America are misinformed and uneducated as the purpose of the ACA.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service